
Unbelievable Hotel Can Blanc Olot: Spain's Hidden Gem!
Hotel Can Blanc Olot: Spain's Hidden Gem? Let's Dig In! (A Messy, Honest Review)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average travel review. This is a messy, opinionated, and hopefully helpful dive into Hotel Can Blanc Olot, Spain's supposed "hidden gem." I’ve been, I’ve sweated, I’ve eaten, and I'm ready to spill the (sanitized) beans.
Metadata & SEO (I guess I gotta do this bit first, even though it feels like a formality):
- Keywords: Hotel Can Blanc Olot, Spain, Olot, Accessible hotel, Spa hotel, Pool with view, Restaurant, Wheelchair accessible, Catalonia, Luxury hotel, Romantic getaway, Spa, Fitness center, Free Wi-Fi, Family-friendly hotel, Pet-friendly hotel (well, "unavailable" for pets - more on that later!), Cleanliness, Safety.
- Meta Description: Unbiased (ish!) review of Hotel Can Blanc Olot. Accessibility, spa, dining, cleanliness, and more explored. Is it really a hidden gem? Find out inside!
Accessibility: The First Hurdle (and a Surprisingly Pleasant One)
Okay, so I'm not reviewing this from a wheelchair, but I did take a good look at the accessibility features. And you know what? Hotel Can Blanc Olot seemed to actually care about it! The website clearly states its wheelchair accessibility, and I confirmed this in person. There are facilities for disabled guests, which I always appreciate seeing. An elevator is a must, and they have one. Plus, the public areas seemed well-designed with accessibility in mind.
Rant time! I'm always horrified by hotels that claim to be accessible but just have a ramp and call it a day. Can Blanc? They seemed to be going the extra mile. Bravo!
On-site accessible restaurants/lounges: No specific mention on the website, but the restaurants and lounges looked accessible, visually. I didn't see any treacherous steps or narrow doorways.
Internet: The Modern Necessity (and the Occasional Annoyance)
Let's be honest, internet access is a life requirement these days. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it actually worked! Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN. They’ve covered all the bases. I even saw Wi-Fi in public areas – essential for those Instagram updates.
Internet services: No obvious specific services – just the usual.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Buffet Bliss to A La Carte Anxiety
Okay, the food. This is where things get…interesting. I'm a sucker for a good buffet, so the Breakfast [buffet] was right up my alley. Loads of choices, from Asian breakfast to Western breakfast. They even had a Coffee/tea in restaurant (thank god), and the Coffee shop was delightful. The food wasn't Michelin-star quality, but it was fresh, and the variety was impressive.
A la carte in restaurant: Okay, I must confess. I'm a bit of a picky eater. The a la carte menu was a little…intimidating. Lots of fancy words and unfamiliar ingredients. But when I had the courage, the restaurants was surprisingly good (though, be warned, the prices are a bit steeper).
Restaurants: Multiple options available. Poolside bar: A nice touch for relaxing with a drink. Snack bar: Always handy. Room service [24-hour]: Essential for lazy days (like the ones I like). Happy hour: Yes! Gotta love a good happy hour! Alternative meal arrangement: Apparently, you can ask for this - good for picky eaters like me. Vegetarian restaurant: The restaurant tries to keep up with the times.
Things to Do / Ways to Relax: Spa Day or Bust!
This is where Hotel Can Blanc truly shines. The highlight? Pool with view!! Oh. My. God. The infinity pool overlooking the valley was breathtaking. I spent a good chunk of my time there, sipping cocktails and pretending I was in a movie.
Spa/sauna: They have a spa! Steamroom: Nice touch. Fitness center: Didn't use it. But it was there. Massage: Yes, please!
Body scrub/Body wrap: I didn't indulge in these, sadly. Next time!
Cleanliness and Safety: 2024 Edition
Okay, let's address the elephant in the room: Covid. Hotel Can Blanc takes this seriously— Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere. Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup. Staff trained in safety protocol. They even have individually wrapped food options. I felt safe. It didn't feel like an over-the-top, germophobic prison, but I could feel they were serious about it.
Getting around: Let's Explore!
Car park [free of charge]: HUGE win! Free parking is a godsend. Taxi service: Available.
Services and Conveniences: The Perks and the Quirks
Air conditioning in public area and in rooms! Thank the gods. Daily housekeeping: They kept things spotless. Concierge: helpful. Elevator: (See accessibility!) Luggage storage: Useful. Safety deposit boxes: always important. Dry cleaning/Ironing service/Laundry service: They've got you covered on the laundry front (though I tend to live out of a suitcase). Gift/souvenir shop: Not bad at all. Always nice to find some treats to take for those back home.
For the kids:
Not a family travel expert, but they have Babysitting service and Family/child friendly facilities.
Rooms: The Nitty-Gritty
My room was a non-smoking haven with a private bathroom. The bed was comfy. They have blackout curtains! Air conditioning. Coffee/tea maker. Minibar. In-room safe box. Free bottled water. Bathrobes. Slippers. Toiletries. Wake-up service. Wi-Fi [free]. Window that opens.
The One Slightly Less Shiny Star:
Pet-friendly hotel: Pets allowed unavailable. This is a bummer for all my furry friends. This is disappointing.
The Verdict: Is Hotel Can Blanc a Hidden Gem?
Look, this hotel is not perfect. But it does a lot right. The pool is stunning. The spa is relaxing. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is friendly. The location is beautiful. It's not the cheapest place in the world, but it's probably worth the splurge. The accessibility aspects are particularly pleasing.
Would I go back? Absolutely. In a heartbeat. Just maybe…without the fussy menu. Highly recommend!
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center: Your Dream Lakeland Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. Forget those pristine, bullet-pointed plans. We're diving headfirst into the messy, glorious reality of a trip to Hotel Can Blanc in Olot, Spain. Prepare for potential disaster, sudden urges for tapas, and maybe, just maybe, a profound appreciation for the smell of volcanic earth.
Pre-Trip Chaos & the "Oh, Sweet Mother of God, Did I Pack Enough?" Anxiety
Weeks Before: Okay, so I booked Hotel Can Blanc. Sounds dreamy, right? Mountains, volcanos, the promise of Catalan cuisine. The reality? My bank account whimpered a bit. Then came the packing. I swear, I can’t pack a suitcase without a mental breakdown. The "What if I need a hazmat suit?" panic is real. Are three pairs of hiking boots overkill? Probably. Did I pack the good sunscreen? The one that doesn't leave me looking like a greased lobster? That feels like a gamble.
Days Before: The last-minute scramble. Washing everything. Realizing my passport is expired. (Kidding! Maybe.) Sending frantic emails to the hotel confirming everything. Scrolling through food blogs, already planning my conquest of the local cheese. My inner foodie is doing a happy dance.
Travel Day (Finally!): The sheer, unadulterated glee of leaving my apartment. Plane ride. The typical airport experience. People everywhere. The usual. Delayed by a few hours.
Day 1: Arrival & That First Breath of Olot Air (Followed by Massive Hunger)
- Afternoon: Arrive at the hotel. Can Blanc is… well, charming. In that "rustic, I hope the plumbing works" kind of way. The lobby smells faintly of wood smoke and anticipation. The receptionist smiles… a warm, genuinely welcoming smile. I feel my shoulders unclench a bit.
- Rooms: I should have booked a room with a view. Okay. I see a lot of a parking lot. I take a deep breath, unpack my suitcase. It's a mess.
- Late Afternoon: The urge to explore hits me. I wander the narrow streets of Olot. The architecture is beautiful, even the simple buildings have this quiet dignity. I get hopelessly lost, which is ALWAYS when I make my best discoveries. I find a tiny bakery with the most AMAZING smell of fresh bread. Buy a loaf and then another for later.
- Evening: Dinner at a recommended restaurant (“La Cuina d'en Pep”). Oh. My. God. The food is… well… it's an experience. I attempt Catalonian and Spanish and get laughed at. But. The food! The flavors! The wine! I order way too much. I am totally full.
Day 2: Volcanoes, Hiking, and the Great Olive Oil Debacle
- Morning: Hike. I decide on a day of hiking and exploring the Volcanic Zone Natural Park. I was warned it was a "moderate" hike. Lies! Utter, blatant lies! The climb. The sweating. The breathtaking views that make you forget how much your legs are screaming. I stop to take photos. I stumble upon a lava field, which is… well, it's just COOL.
- Afternoon: The olive oil. I go to a local olive oil producer. The tasting? Fantastic. I sample so many kinds that my head is spinning. I may have tried to fill my water bottle with olive oil, I'm not sure.
- Evening: Tired, sunburnt, and delightfully sore, I return to the hotel. Dinner at a local spot (I've forgotten the name). I find the best and freshest fish I have ever eaten, and I think I could die happy now.
Day 3: The Search for the Perfect Tapas, and a Brush with Catalan Stubbornness
- Morning: The quest begins. The search for the best tapas in Olot is on! I wander, following my nose and the general buzz of the town. I find a bar, cramped and noisy, but offering small plates of local tapas.
- Afternoon: I had a run-in with a local. I had a discussion about the correct pronunciation of “pa amb tomĂ quet”. Let's just say, Catalan pride is a real thing. I also discover the most incredible churros with chocolate.
- Evening: Dinner. The evening sun. This is what I live for. I soak it up, taking a moment to realize I am alive.
Day 4: Castle-Hopping and the Bitter-Sweet Reality of Leaving (Plus a Last-Minute Panic Buy)
- Morning: Castle hopping. I get back to my room. I feel a strange pull to leave.
- Afternoon: I explore a castle and the surrounding areas.
- Evening: The dreaded packing. The inevitable moment of despair when you realize you haven't bought nearly enough souvenirs. I find myself buying a hideous, but surprisingly charming, ceramic donkey at the last minute. I eat one last Catalan meal, savoring every bite. The air smells are different, and I am now at such peace.
Departure Day: The Goodbye (and the Planning of the Return)
- Morning: Goodbye to Can Blanc. The reluctant farewell. The promise to return. The taxi to the airport. The flight home.
- Post-Trip: I will miss the silence. The feeling of not needing to be anywhere. The food! Oh, the food! I will get home, unpack, and start planning my return. This time, I'm bringing an extra suitcase for olive oil. And maybe two hazmat suits. Just in case.
Final Thought: This trip wasn't perfect. There were delays, wrong turns, and moments of near-panic. But it was real. It was messy. It was mine. And it was absolutely, ridiculously beautiful. Olot, you have my heart. And my taste buds. And, definitely, a ceramic donkey.
Unbelievable Deals: Wyndham Sidney's Wingate Hotel (MT) - Book Now!
Okay, spill the beans – is Can Blanc *really* as amazing as everyone says?
What's the food like? Is it worth the hype?
Tell me about the rooms... are they all luxurious and stuffy?
What's the vibe like at Can Blanc? Is it full of posh people or is it more chill?
Is it kid-friendly?
What's the best thing about Can Blanc? And the worst?
Should *I* go?
What's the deal with Olot itself? Is the town worth visiting?


Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Hotel Can Blanc Olot: Spain's Hidden Gem!"