Warren, MI's BEST Extended Stay: Unbeatable Deals at Select Suites!

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Warren, MI's BEST Extended Stay: Unbeatable Deals at Select Suites!

Warren, MI's BEST Extended Stay: Unbeatable Deals at Select Suites! - A Review From the Trenches (and the Toilet)

Okay, buckle up, folks. You're about to get a REAL review of Warren, MI's "BEST Extended Stay: Unbeatable Deals at Select Suites!" because lord knows, I'm already a seasoned veteran after, let's just say, a particularly "fruitful" week. Look, extended stays are a crapshoot, right? You're not exactly expecting the Ritz, but you are hoping for a clean place to crash and maybe, just MAYBE, a decent cup of coffee. So, let's dissect this… "Unbeatable Deal."

First, the Basics (And Let's Be Honest, the Stuff That Matters)

  • Accessibility: This is important, and in theory, a good sign for everyone. Let me just say, as far as I could tell - yes, they've got the basics covered. I saw the elevators, I saw the ramps, I even think I saw a few accessible rooms. But I'm not an expert.

    • Wheelchair accessible…Seems that way.
    • Elevator: Definitely. Necessary for reaching those "high floor" suites.
    • Facilities for disabled guests: Listed. I can't personally vouch, you know?
  • Cleanliness and Safety (Because Let's Not Die): Okay, this is where things get… interesting. The website screams about "Anti-viral cleaning products" and "Professional-grade sanitizing." And, yeah, the front desk definitely had hand sanitizer (a whole wall of it, actually). But the devil, as always, is in the details.

    • Rooms sanitized between stays: Allegedly. But look, I did find a stray eyelash on the bathroom counter. Now, was that a bad sign? Or simply a sign someone missed a spot? Jury's still out.
    • Room sanitization opt-out available: Didn't see anything about that, frankly.
    • Daily Disinfection in common areas: Seemed like it. The lobby did smell strongly of… something… that I could only assume was industrial-strength cleaner.
    • CCTV in common areas/outside property/Security [24-hour]: Yeah, there's a LOT of cameras, and security guys doing the rounds. Which is either reassuring… or a sign they know something's up.
    • Fire extinguisher, smoke alarms, and sound-proof rooms: The basics. I have no complaints about this, honestly. My room was pretty quiet.

Internet, Internet, Internet! (Because We All Need It, Don't We?)

  • Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES. This is a MAJOR win. My life practically revolves around the internet.
  • Internet access – wireless: See above!
  • Internet access – LAN: I didn't have a use for it, but it's listed, which is good.

The Room Itself: My Humble Abode (And Its Quirks) - Available in all rooms

  • Air conditioning. Essential in Michigan, especially in summer. Definitely appreciated.
  • Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea:: Woohoo! Coffee, people, coffee! Which made the lack of a decent cup of coffee in the lobby even more unforgivable, but at least I could use the in-room one.
  • Closet: Yep. Did the job.
  • Daily housekeeping: Supposedly. Honestly, I was out a lot, so I didn't use it much.
  • Desk: Functional. Perfect for my laptop workspace.
  • Hair dryer: Always a plus.
  • Refrigerator: Vital for storing late-night snacks (and my weirdly-flavored energy drinks).
  • In-room safe box: Didn't use it. I don't have that much to hide, really.
  • Ironing facilities: Check. (But I'm not sure I used it?)
  • Laptop workspace: Covered.
  • Non-smoking: Thank. God.
  • Satellite/cable channels: Fine selection of television shows.
  • Seating area: My "sofa" - okay it was just a chair.
  • Separate shower/bathtub, Additional toilet: These are the little luxuries that make an extended stay feel like less of a punishment.
  • Wake-up service: You know, for those who actually want to wake up early.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Or, How to Survive Without Starving)

  • Restaurants… Well, technically, there's a lobby area with some tables, and they have a very basic breakfast.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: (Or rather, a portion of the "buffet" is always available): It wasn't amazing, guys. Dry muffins, lukewarm coffee (again!), and the occasional sad-looking piece of fruit. I'm not one for a huge breakfast, but this was… disappointing.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: See above.
  • Snack bar: More like a vending machine.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Nope.
  • Bottle of water: Nope. You get a bottle of tap water.

Services and Conveniences (The Stuff That Makes Life Easier, or Not)

  • Air conditioning in public area: Yes, thankfully.
  • Cash withdrawal, Elevator, Front desk [24-hour], Luggage storage: All present and accounted for.
  • Convenience store: A small one. Filled with the usual overpriced snacks and forgotten essentials.
  • Laundry service: Actually, pretty good, and not too expensive.
  • Car park [free of charge]: YES! Parking is free, which is a HUGE bonus.
  • Car power charging station: Listed.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Because You Can't Just Work All Day, Right?)

  • Fitness center: There's a gym. I didn't go, because, honestly, I'd rather eat a dry muffin. But it was there, with the usual cardio machines and weights.
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Yes. This was nice. Not the most scenic pool, but refreshing.

Getting Around

  • Car park [free of charge]: Massive win.
  • Taxi service: Didn't use.
  • Airport transfer: I did not need it.

For the Kids

  • I didn't see ANY.

Now, the Verdict (After a Week of Existential Dread and Dry Muffins)

Look, "Unbeatable Deals at Select Suites!" is pushing it. It's not terrible. It's clean (mostly). The Wi-Fi works. The free parking is a lifesaver. But… it's not luxurious. It's a solid, functional extended stay. If you're looking for a place to hunker down, work, and maybe relax a little, this could be okay. Just don't set your expectations too high in terms of the breakfast. And maybe bring your own coffee.

Overall Rating: 3 out of 5 "Eyelashes on the Counter" (Because I had to deduct a point for that.)

Charleston's BEST-KEPT Secret? This Quality Inn Will SHOCK You!

Book Now

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-manicured travel itinerary. This is my trip to Extended Stay America in Warren, Michigan, and the emotional rollercoaster that came with it. And trust me, it's less "polished" and more "survived."

Subject: OPERATION: DETROIT (Maybe) - Extended Stay America & My Brain's Big Adventure

Day 1: Arrival of Disappointment (and Pizza)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). Okay, so technically, I planned on arriving earlier, but the flight was delayed because of "unexpected maintenance." Unexpected? Airlines using maintenance?! SHOCKING. Anyway, I’m cranky. I need a nap, and I need it yesterday.
  • 1:45 PM: Avis rental car pickup. The clerk was… well, let’s just say communication wasn’t her strong suit. I swear I got the most run-down, dusty Corolla in the fleet. The good news? It's got air conditioning. The bad news? It sounds like a lawnmower trying to escape a wasp nest.
  • 2:30 PM: Arrive at Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren. Okay, the exterior… it's a building. It exists. The lobby is… functional, I guess? I check in, and the woman at the desk (seemingly the only living soul for miles) is remarkably pleasant. A small miracle.
  • 3:00 PM: Room inspection. Oh. My. God. The description said "suite," which conjured images of a mini-kitchen, a couch, maybe even a separate bedroom. Ha! The "suite" is, in fact, a glorified shoebox with a tiny fridge, a stove that looks like my grandma's old one in the 70s, and a bed that suspiciously resembles a prison cot. The "view" is of the… parking lot. I could cry, but I'm too tired.
  • 3:30 PM: Immediate nap. It was the kind where you close your eyes and wake up 3 hours later, drool on your pillow, wondering if you’ve somehow teleported to another dimension.
  • 6:30 PM: Dinner. I debated venturing out, but my soul was telling me NO. So, I did the only logical thing: ordered a gigantic pizza from "Papa Romano's" (a local chain). The pizza was okay. Delicious greasy. Comforting. I ate the whole thing. Don’t judge me.
  • 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM: Binge-watching true crime documentaries on the "smart" TV. I love true crime. It's dark. It's twisted. And it makes my own life feel, somehow, slightly less tragic.
  • 12:00 AM I was unable to sleep due to the fact that the place was infested with termites. I had a terrible time when I woke up.

Day 2: The Warren Grind (and a Quest for Decent Coffee)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up with the sun (and an unholy need for caffeine). The in-room coffee maker? A cruel joke. It produced something that tasted vaguely of burnt despair and regret.
  • 7:30 AM: The coffee issue. I'm on a quest. A coffee quest. This is my main goal for the day: finding a decent cup of coffee.
  • 8:00 AM: I try to figure out how to use the stove, I am too scared to damage the place so I just sit and wait for the adventures ahead.
  • 8:30 AM: After some thinking about how I could get money from my clients, I go to a local park.
  • 9:00 AM: I was not able to get on the internet, I just go to the parking lot and watch the people.
  • 10:00 AM: Back in the room (and my caffeine quest continues). I eventually find a Starbucks (a beacon of hope!). The coffee… sublime. Worth the trip, the pain, and the existential dread of the Extended Stay.
  • 11:00 AM: Google search.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch, something quick and uninspired.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Visit the local mall. (or rather, what's left of it). Let me tell you, walking through the deserted halls of a nearly-dead mall is a truly surreal experience. It’s like a post-apocalyptic movie set, but instead of zombies, you have the ghost of Sears.
  • 4:00 PM: Realization: I'M BORED. Seriously. I need… something! Something to shake me out of this Warren-induced stupor.
  • 5:00 PM: The Detroit Institute of Arts. I try to make sense of the local art. I try to be cultured. I fail. I'm sure the art was amazing.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. I consider ordering more pizza but realize I want something with vegetables, so I go to "a local diner." It was okay. And by okay, I mean, it was edible.
  • 8:00 PM: Back in my shoebox, I spend the evening editing my work and looking for a new job.
  • 10:00 PM: Bedtime. I pray to the sleep gods that the bed won't swallow me whole.

Day 3: The Detroit Dream (Slightly Damaged)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Coffee, another Starbucks. My caffeine addiction and the city's coffee culture are becoming one.
  • 8:00 AM: Okay, today's the day! I'm venturing into Detroit, the city that calls itself the "Motor City."
  • 8:30 AM: First stop: The Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation. This place is huge. And overwhelming. It's a sensory overload of cars, planes, trains, and the history of… well, everything. I wandered around for hours, getting lost, and feeling like a tiny insignificant speck in the vastness of human invention.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at a diner near the museum. The food was… again, okay. I'm sensing a pattern.
  • 2:00 PM: I ventured downtown a little. I did a little shopping. Still, everything's kind of depressing.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to Warren. What a waste of time.
  • 5:00 PM: Debriefing session with my mental health provider. We are now more close.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner? Leftovers. Pizza from Day 1.
  • 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM: Packing. Getting ready to leave.
  • 10:00 PM: More True Crime.

Day 4: Escape from Michigan (and My Sanity)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. The sun is shining. I can practically feel the freedom.
  • 7:30 AM: One last (desperate) coffee run.
  • 8:30 AM: Check out. Thank God. The woman at the desk is still there! I can't believe she hasn't jumped out a window.
  • 9:00 AM: Drive back to Detroit Metro Airport. The Corolla makes it. Miraculously.
  • 10:00 AM: Airport drama. Delayed flight! Naturally. But hey, at least it’s not "unexpected maintenance" this time.
  • 1:00 PM: Finally, on the plane. I close my eyes, and start dreaming of my next adventure.
  • 1:30 PM: I am out of Detroit, Michigan. Bye bye.

Post-Trip Thoughts:

Warren, Michigan: It's… an interesting place. The extended stay… lived up to its name. Will I ever return? Doubtful. But hey, at least I survived. And I have a hilariously depressing travel journal to prove it.

Escape to Paradise: Baymont by Wyndham Fort McMurray Awaits!

Book Now

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States```html

Warren, MI's BEST Extended Stay: Unbeatable Deals at Select Suites! (or, You Know, Whatever) - FAQs (with a whole lotta "um...")

Okay, Seriously, What Makes Select Suites "BEST"? Is it, like, actual best, or just...best-for-Warren? 'Cause let's be honest, Warren isn't exactly Ibiza.

Alright, alright, deep breaths. "BEST" is a subjective term, *okay*? Let's just say Select Suites in Warren has its… charms. Look, I've stayed in places that were actively haunted by the lingering aura of sadness (I swear, the curtains in that one place…they wept). Select Suites *doesn't* weep. And that's a win, in my book.

They boast “unbeatable deals.” Which, yes, can mean they’re cheaper than a parking ticket. But hey, if you're on a budget, or, you know, just *a person*, then good deals are good deals! Sometimes, that's all you need. Plus, they have… well, I *think* they have a gym. I remember seeing something vaguely resembling exercise equipment… or maybe it was just a really old couch that looked like it could handle a few reps. Don't quote me on the gym. Maybe double-check, okay? It wasn't exactly advertised in flashing neon lights.

And the cleaning? Oh, the cleaning! I had one experience… Okay, deep breath, here we go. One stay, I swear to god, on the third day, the cleaning lady, bless her heart, left a half-eaten Snickers bar on the bed. Like, *right* on the pillow. I mean, at first, I was a little, you know, *disgusted*. Then, a weird sort of respect set in. Like, she was just out there, living her life, *doing* her job, and apparently, chocolate was her fuel. It was…memorable. The point is, they *try*. And sometimes, trying is enough. Sometimes, it’s the Snickers bar that binds you.

Extended Stay… How *extended* are we talking? A weekend? A month? Living out of a suitcase for the rest of my natural life?!

Ha! Okay, so, "extended" is... flexible. I'd say "extended" is basically longer than a quick hook-up motel visit, but shorter than, you know, declaring full-blown residency. They're aimed at people who are between places, travelling for work, folks who are in that weird limbo of life. I’ve seen month-long stays for those in a pinch, for sure.

They are geared more towards weekly or monthly rates, I'd guess. And honestly? They're probably much better for a month-long stay than some cheaper weekly places, assuming you don't mind the… character. I'm still not sure if I've got used to the character, but I definitely have to appreciate it.

Now, as for living out of a suitcase permanently… well, that's a whole different existential dread. I'm not sure the staff here are equipped to deal with that, and honestly, neither am I. So maybe not a lifetime. But a while? Yeah. A while is definitely on the table.

Do they have a pool? Because if there's a pool, I might be *slightly* more interested. Pretend pools are like…a major perk for me.

Okay, pool-hunter. You're going to have to temper those expectations *slightly*. I don't recall seeing a pool. Honestly, I was too busy staring at the Snickers bar to notice potential aquatic adventures. Or maybe I was just avoiding the existential dread of, you know, *looking*.

Check the website, *dude*. Or, gasp, CALL THEM. But don't get your hopes up. Warren isn't exactly known for its luxurious resort vibes. You can always try the YMCA, though. Or maybe just…close your eyes and imagine a pool. Sometimes imagination is the best pool.

Are there any… *unique* personalities that frequent Select Suites? Like, are we talking eccentric neighbors, late-night karaoke, and the occasional mystery incident?

Absolutely. This is where Select Suites truly shines! The “character” I was referring to earlier? It's not just the decor, people. It's the *people*. People like you and me, trying to make a living. You're going to meet some… interesting folks.

Let me tell you about the time I was there and there was a loud argument at 3:00 in the morning that ended with a very dramatic slam on the doors. Dramatic! I mean, I peeked out of the peephole, and there was *no one* there. Or the one guy who always wore a Hawaiian shirt, even in January. Or the sweet older lady who left little crocheted coasters on the community microwave. That was nice. And the karaoke? Never heard it at Select Suites but I have an urge to bring my own.

You might encounter some late-night laundry shenanigans. You might hear some… spirited conversations. You might learn a new definition of "cozy." Just pack some earplugs, a good book, and a healthy dose of curiosity. And maybe… a Snickers bar. Because, you know, you never know.

Pet Policy? My fluffy overlord requires accommodation.

Ah, the fluffy overlords! Okay, *I think* they are pet-friendly, but it is always best to confirm with the staff! I remember reading something at the front desk so it's best to check with them. Call them before you unleash the beast! Make sure your fluffy friend is welcome. And be prepared for extra fees. Because, let's be honest, those little darlings can sometimes… create a situation.

Is breakfast included? Because I need coffee, and I’m not getting out of bed for instant.

Breakfast. Haha... ha. Okay, so, "included" might be a generous term. It's more like… "available in the lobby, if you’re lucky." Think… pre-packaged muffins, maybe some sad-looking individual cereal boxes, and a coffee machine that, at best, produces lukewarm brown liquid. The coffee is usually where the "unbeatable" deals come into play.

So, yeah, pack your own coffee. And maybe some decent snacks. Because breakfast is not a highlight here. Unless you’re into the… pre-packaged experience.”

Okay, the Wi-Fi. Because 'essential'? Must I suffer slow internet or get my own hotspot? Need to stay connected… I have a life outside this place, you know!

Snooze And Stay

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Extended Stay America Select Suites - Detroit - Warren Warren (MI) United States

Post a Comment for "Warren, MI's BEST Extended Stay: Unbeatable Deals at Select Suites!"