Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: Your Phoenix Paradise Awaits!

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: Your Phoenix Paradise Awaits!

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: My Phoenix Paradise… Mostly! (A Hot Mess Review)

Okay, listen. I just survived a week at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. And let me tell you, it's an experience. Marketing will have you believe it's all perfectly manicured lawns, stunning sunsets, and a permanent state of zen. Don’t get me wrong, it can be…but let’s just say reality is a little less airbrushed. This is my real, unfiltered, and slightly chaotic take on the "Your Phoenix Paradise Awaits" promise.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag

Right off the bat, I gotta say, the Princess tries to be accessible. The main areas, like the restaurants and lobby, are mostly wheelchair-friendly. They’ve got ramps, elevators (thank god!), and accessible restrooms. But navigating the vast property feels a bit like an Olympic sport. Getting from your room to the pool could involve a serious trek. (Accessibility, Facilities for disabled guests, Elevator) And let's be honest, those golf cart shuttles? Sometimes you're waiting forever. But hey, at least they have them.

On-Site Feast… or Famine? The Dining Dilemma

Okay, buckle up. The food situation is a rollercoaster.

  • The Highs: The Asian restaurant was seriously delicious. I inhaled the shrimp dumplings! (Asian cuisine in restaurant). And that breakfast buffet? The buffet was absolutely insane. The fresh pastries! (Breakfast [buffet], Western breakfast, Asian breakfast). And the coffee shop, seriously, the coffee shop? Fueling me on a daily basis.
  • The Lows: The a la carte options were…hit or miss. I once ordered a salad that looked like it had been assembled by a grumpy toddler. (A la carte in restaurant, Salad in restaurant). The prices? Highway robbery, honestly. I spent more on a single plate of mediocre nachos than I do on a week's worth of groceries. (Poolside bar, Snack bar)The (Dining, drinking, and snacking, Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Happy hour, Restaurants, Beer, Bottle of water, Desserts in restaurant, Room service [24-hour], Vegetarian restaurant, Coffee shop, Soup in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant)

The “Chill Out Zone” – Spa, Pools, Bliss… and the Occasional Annoyance

This is where the Princess really shines, or attempts to. The pools are gorgeous – especially the one with the view! (Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]). Lounging by the pool with a cocktail is definitely a highlight. (Happy Hour) And the spa? The spa is a small slice of heaven. I got a massage that almost made me levitate. (Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Fitness center, Body and soul rejuvenating)

BUT. The place is teeming with families. Don't expect complete tranquility! Those kids?! They were everywhere, splashing, shrieking, and generally disrupting my inner peace. (For the kids, Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal).

Cleanliness and Safety: Overkill, or Smart Thinking?

Okay, I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so I appreciated the lengths the hotel went to to keep things sanitized. They had anti-viral cleaning products galore and staff were trained to sanitize the hotel. (Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hygiene certification, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment). The rooms were cleaned so thoroughly after guests left. It felt a bit excessive, but I wasn’t complaining.

Getting Connected (or Not): The Internet Saga

"Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" the website proclaims. And while technically true, the actual experience was more like "Free Wi-Fi… that cuts out every five minutes." (Internet, Wi-Fi in public areas, Internet access, Internet access – wireless, Internet [LAN]) Seriously, it's like the internet providers are constantly trying to sabotage your vacation. I spent half my time wrestling with the connection.

My Room: Luxurious, But…

The room itself was lovely. (Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens, Non-smoking rooms, Soundproof rooms). The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The view was incredible (if you got a good room). But the air conditioning sounded like a jet engine, and I swear there was a ghost in the closet who liked to rearrange the hangers. (Extra long bed, Separate shower/bathtub).

The Good Stuff (Seriously!)

Despite my grumbles, there’s a undeniable magic to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. Here’s what I loved:

  • The Ambiance: The architecture, the landscaping, the overall vibe – it's stunning. It feels like you've stepped into a postcard.
  • The Staff: Generally friendly and helpful, even when facing customer service from the depths of hell.
  • The sunsets: The Arizona sunsets are something else. Watching them from my balcony with a cocktail in hand was pure bliss.
  • The overall feeling: It's an escape. It's a treat. It's a chance to recharge.

The (Mostly) Unnecessary Stuff:

  • Cash withdrawal: There's a cash machine but it's a bit hidden.
  • On-site event hosting!: Seemed like an insane amount of weddings.
  • Car Park: Having to drive around to find a spot was a pain.

The Verdict: Worth it? … Maybe.

Look, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess isn't perfect. It leans towards the expensive side and can feel a bit… curated. But the beauty is undeniable, and the moments of pure relaxation are worth the price of admission. Just be prepared for the occasional hiccup, the odd grumpy child, and a WiFi connection that’ll drive you insane. Overall, this is a great hotel and if you can get past a few quirks then you will love it too.

Metadata (SEO & Beyond):

  • Keywords: Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, Scottsdale, Arizona, luxury hotel, spa, pool, family vacation, accessibility, reviews, travel, vacation, hotel review, spa, desert, golf cart, dining, pool.
  • Category: Hotel Review, Travel, Family Travel, Luxury Travel.
  • Metadata Tags: accessible hotel, wheelchair-friendly hotel, Scottsdale resort, Arizona spa, kids activities, fine dining, pool view, Arizona travel, Arizona vacation, hotel accessibility, "fairmont scottsdale princess review", "fairmont princess review", "scottsdale hotel review", "scottsdale princess", "fairmont scottsdale princess"
  • Focus: Honest, slightly chaotic, first-person review highlighting both pros and cons with a focus on key amenities and accessibility. This should appeal to potential guests looking for a balanced perspective.
  • Title: Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: My Phoenix Paradise… Mostly! (A Hot Mess Review) ;
  • Meta Description: My REAL review of the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. Get the inside scoop on accessibility, dining, spa, and the overall experience. From the beautiful views to the dodgy Wi-Fi, get ready for the good, the bad, and the slightly chaotic!
Streetsboro's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review & Hidden Perks!

Book Now

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercup, 'cause we're headed to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. And trust me, it’s gonna be less “polished travel blog” and more “slightly-stressed-but-totally-enjoying-it-anyway diary.”

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: My Desert Dream (and Near-Disasters)

Day 1: Arrival & Instant Gratification (Mostly)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor. Ugh, the airport. Always a chaotic dance of luggage, TSA lines, and the silent judgment of other travelers. Found my rental car, a slightly-too-shiny SUV that felt immediately out of place in the desert. "He's a good boy, but he's no Jeep." - I said to no one, feeling the Arizona sun baking my weary soul.
  • 2:00 PM: Drive to the Fairmont. The air conditioning was a GODSEND. Arizona is HOT. So, so, SO hot. The drive was pretty easy – thank goodness for GPS.
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in. Beautiful lobby, but I'm already craving a drink. They said it was "a bit of a wait," so I sat on the ridiculously comfy lobby furniture, and my inner monologue began… “Wow, the marble is gorgeous. But I bet someone spilled coffee on it last week. Probably a toddler. Those adorable, chaotic little agents of destruction.”
  • 3:00 PM: Finally, in the room! Okay, this is what I came for. Balcony overlooking a pool shimmering in the afternoon haze. I need a nap. But first… the mini-bar.
  • 3:30 PM: Poolside cocktails! Okay, maybe the nap can wait. Ordered a (slightly overpriced, but WORTH IT) margarita. The sun, the water, the salt air. Instant bliss. I may or may not have spent the next hour completely immersed in a trashy magazine, occasionally murmuring approvingly.
  • 5:00 PM: Attempted spa appointment. Big fail. I was late. I got turned around, took a wrong turn, and ended up in the parking lot. A nice reminder that I am terrible at directions. Rebooked for tomorrow. Damn it.
  • 6:30 PM: Dinner at La Hacienda. My server, bless his heart, was doing his best, but it was packed, and my enchiladas arrived lukewarm. I'm not a fan of lukewarm anything. I’m normally pretty chill, but by this point, my stomach, and I were Hangry. But hey, the ambiance was lovely, and the margaritas kept flowing.
  • 8:00 PM: Wandered around a bit. The Princess is huge! Everything is lit up beautifully at night. Tried to find the S'mores bar, got hopelessly lost, and ended up admiring a very large, very sparkly fountain. Note to self: Invest in a compass. Or maybe just ask for directions.

Day 2: Spa, S'mores, and a Moment of Zen (Sort Of)

  • 9:00 AM: Spa time! Round two. This time with a clear sense of direction, thanks to Google Maps and a fervent desire to not miss my appointment again. The massage was…divine. Literally. The tension melted away. I think I actually drooled a little. Don't judge!
  • 11:00 AM: Pool time (again!). Reading and staring at the mountains in the distance. I had to take a moment to appreciate the sheer beauty of the Sonoran Desert. Something about the space, the colors, and the feeling of being utterly alone, yet surrounded by others, was incredibly moving – and possibly the tequila talking.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at the grill. Perfect burger and fries. Felt like a kid again.
  • 3:00 PM: S'mores, Attempt 2. Armed with intel and a newly-acquired sense of purpose, I finally found the fire pits. The line was long. But the s'mores were worth every minute. Gooey, chocolatey perfection. Sat there, people-watching, listening to the crackling fire, and feeling a sense of…peace…I think.
  • 5:00 PM: Thought I would walk in the hotel compound. Another wrong turn. Another "epic" failure on my navigational skills. I feel like a hamster on a wheel, only it's a really, really beautiful, and expensive wheel.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at Michael Mina’s. The food was great. Service amazing. But I'm starting to miss the casualness of jeans and a t-shirt.
  • 7:30 PM: Nightcap at a bar. Chatting with a couple from Chicago. Discussing the merits of deep-dish pizza versus thin-crust. The eternal debate! They thought I was hilarious. I'd had a few drinks.

Day 3: Desert Exploration & Departure (With a Heavy Heart)

  • 9:00 AM: Woke up. Sigh. My last day.
  • 10:00 AM: I decided to stop being a lazy bum and actually explore. Renting a Jeep for a day.
  • 10:00 AM-3:00 AM: Driving in the dessert. I loved it. The cacti stood so tall. I loved the freedom.
  • 3:00 PM: Lunch - decided to eat a quick lunch at a local joint. A mistake. The food was okay, but the waitress talked my ear off for twenty minutes about her ex-husband.
  • 4:00 PM: Back at the hotel. One last dip in the pool. Trying to soak up every last drop of sunshine and relaxation.
  • 6:00 PM: Packing. The worst part. The end of the trip is always bittersweet.
  • 7:00 PM: Farewell Dinner. Trying to be present, grateful, etc. but I kept thinking, "I need to come back here."
  • 9:00 PM: Final tequila on the balcony, watching the stars. Feeling a profound sense of calm, mixed with sadness and a touch of existential dread.

Day 4: Departure

  • 6:00 AM: Wake up. Head to the airport.
  • 8:00 AM: Goodbye Fairmont, goodbye desert, goodbye sunshine. Until next time!

Overall Thoughts:

The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess? Stunning. Expensive. Slightly overwhelming. Worth it? Absolutely. Okay, it wasn’t perfect. I got lost a lot. Ate lukewarm enchiladas. But it was a chance to disconnect, to recharge, to experience the beauty of Arizona. And to eat way too many s'mores. And to not give a f*ck. And that, my friends, is what travel is all about.

Ritz-Carlton Cleveland: Unforgettable Luxury Awaits (OH)

Book Now

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States```html

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: Your Phoenix Paradise Awaits! (Or Does It?) - The Unfiltered FAQ

So, what's the *actual* vibe of the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess? Is it all dreamy Instagram perfection?

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. The Princess is…complicated. It’s beautiful, alright. Think sprawling grounds, fountains that'll make you gasp, and sunsets that deserve an Oscar. I mean, *yes*, it’s Instagrammable. But REAL life? Yeah, it's messier. I stayed there last year for a friend's wedding. First thing you notice? Space. A LOT of space. You'll be walking. A lot. Like, "I hope there’s a golf cart handy" a lot. And while the grounds are undeniably pretty, you’ll also stumble upon a maintenance crew doing…well, maintenance. That pool *did* get super crowded!
My Take: Overall? Definitely worth a visit. Just don't expect a perfectly choreographed fairytale. More like a stunning, slightly-overpriced party.

Oh, and the wedding? Absolutely gorgeous. The only downside? The flower arrangements were *slightly* blocking the view of the bride when she said "I Do". Oops. Thankfully, she was the most gorgeous part of the whole thing.

Are the pools as amazing as they look? Or are they a crowded mob scene?

This is the million-dollar question! The pools are gorgeous. Seriously, shimmering turquoise water surrounded by palm trees? Sign me up! I spent a week there last summer, you’d think I was relaxing but realistically I was worried about the pool crowds. So, here's the tea: During the peak season? Prepare for a crowd. Think sunbathers vying for prime real estate. It's a delicate dance of towel placement and strategic umbrella positioning. My advice? Get there early. Like, crack-of-dawn early. And don't even try to snag a chair near the bar past 10 AM. It *will* be a fight.
My Take: Plan ahead and prepare for a little bit of chaos!

What about the food? Worth the price tag?

Okay, the food. This is where things get…variable. The restaurants are generally excellent, showcasing a diverse range of cuisines. The steaks? Divine. The margaritas? Lethal (in a good way). The service? Usually impeccable. But the prices? Ouch. Let's just say your bank account will feel it. I had a burger once and my jaw dropped. It was the best burger I've ever had, but I spent a week eating ramen after to recover financially.
My Take: Splurge a little, but be prepared to budget accordingly. A few memorable meals are worth it. And maybe pack some snacks for the room. Just in case...

Can I walk to things from the hotel? Or am I stuck on the resort the whole time?

You're mostly stuck at the resort, my friend. The Princess is vast! While it's technically "close" to things like shopping centers, a stroll isn't exactly an option. You'll need to drive, Uber, or rely on the resort's golf carts (which can be a bit of a wait during peak times). Sigh. I even considered renting a bike but it seemed pointless.
My Take: Plan for transportation. Embrace the resort life, or resign yourself to a bit of driving.

What's the spa like? Give me the *real* deal.

The Well & Being Spa... okay, let's be honest. It's amazing. The treatment rooms are serene, the therapists are skilled, and the relaxation areas... pure bliss. I had a massage and almost fell asleep on the table! Almost! I had to make sure I savored every moment. Everything about the experience is designed to make you feel pampered. I think I've never been so relaxed. The price reflects this, but hey, it's a vacation, right? Treat yourself.
My Take: Do it. Just...do it. Your stressed-out self will thank you.

Is there anything to do at the hotel for kids? Or is it all just for adults?

The Princess is surprisingly kid-friendly. They have kids' clubs, a dedicated pool area, and plenty of activities to keep the little ones occupied. I saw tons of families enjoying themselves. Plus, there were ice cream cones bigger than my head! (Okay, maybe not, but they were substantial).
My Take: A great option for families, no question. Maybe not as "adults only" as you might think!

What's the best time of year to visit the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess?

This is Arizona, folks. Summer is HOT. Like, "melt your shoes on the sidewalk" hot. So, avoid summer. The fall and spring are glorious, perfect weather, perfect for sitting by pools. Winter is wonderful; the crowds are at their biggest but you'll appreciate that warm weather against that crisp air. The prices will fluctuate, peaking in the winter. I'd recommend shoulder seasons, late spring or early fall, it's kind of the Goldilocks zone.
My Take: Unless you love heat, avoid summer. Early spring or late fall are your best bets for perfect weather and slightly lower prices.

How's the service? Are the staff friendly?

Generally, the service is excellent. The staff are incredibly friendly, professional, and genuinely seem to want to make your stay enjoyable. However… I had one experience where I ordered room service, and it took over an hour and a half to arrive. By that point, I was so hangry I almost ate the remote control. But hey, things happen, right? They apologized profusely, and it was quickly forgotten. They certainly handled it well once they understood I was at the brink!
My Take: Expect generally excellent service. Little hiccups can happen, but the staff are usually quick to fix things.

Is it worth the money? That's the bottom line.

Alright, the big question. Worth the money? It depends. If you're looking for a luxurious, relaxing escape, and you're willing to splurge a bit, then yes, it's worth it. The pools, the spa, the sunsets, the overall ambiance… it’s pretty magical. If you’re on a tight budget, maybe look for deals. Or maybe just start saving now. Because,Hotel Hop Now

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Phoenix (AZ) United States

Post a Comment for "Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: Your Phoenix Paradise Awaits!"