Mississauga's BEST Waterside Dining: The Waterside Inn Unveiled!

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

Mississauga's BEST Waterside Dining: The Waterside Inn Unveiled!

Mississauga's Waterside Jewel: The Waterside Inn - A Review That's… Well, Let's Just Say It's My Honest Take.

Okay, so, The Waterside Inn. We're talking about Mississauga, right? Luxury, waterside views, the whole nine yards. They promised, and, well, they mostly delivered. But let's be real, nobody’s perfect, and neither is this place. Buckle up, buttercups, because this review's going to get a little real.

First Impressions & Accessibility (and a near-disaster!)

Getting there? Easy peasy. Plenty of parking, which is a godsend. Free car park is a huge plus! And the valet parking's there if you're feeling fancy (or late, like I was. Classic me). The exterior? Classy, understated. A little… corporate, but hey, at least it's clean. And thankfully, the accessibility seemed pretty good – wheelchair accessible throughout, which is fantastic. I noticed the elevator, a definite win for those who need it. This is important, people!

Now, here's a confession: I almost tripped on the welcome mat. Not a great first impression, but hey, I'm clumsy. Luckily, the helpful doorman -- a true professional, by the way -- caught me. They seem to all be trained, especially in safety protocol, which is great to see with all the current events.

The Room: My Castle (Mostly)

The room itself? Pretty damn good, actually. Clean, spacious. Air conditioning blasted like a blizzard (a little too effective, if I'm honest). Free Wi-Fi everywhere, thank the heavens. I spent a concerning amount of time catching up on my shows in that seating area. The view from the window was, well, a view. Of the lake. Pretty. Very pretty. There was a desk which I briefly considered doing actual work at (snort), even a proper laptop workspace.

But here’s the thing: the room décor felt… a little sterile. Like they’d gone for "luxury" but forgot to inject any actual personality. I'm talking beige, beige, and more beige. I loathe beige. Where's the pizzazz, people?! Give me some color, maybe a funky painting! But hey, the blackout curtains were clutch. Sleep is sacred, and they delivered on that front. (And they also had bathrobes, always a win.)

And the bathroom? Fine. Functional. Clean. A bathtub, but I didn't use it. Didn't feel…inspired. Toiletries were standard, but they did have a hair dryer, which is always appreciated.

Amenities: The Good, the Great, and the… Almost There

This is where things get interesting. The fitness center was decent, although I’m more of a "sit on a couch and eat snacks" kind of person. The pool with a view? Absolutely stunning. Seriously, the view was incredible. I could almost convince myself I was on vacation in the Caribbean, not just in Mississauga.

They had a spa and a sauna, too. But, full honesty? I didn't use them. I'm more of a "lie-on- the-couch-and-watch-TV" kind of person. I'm just being honest.

Dining: Food, Fabulous and Floundering

Okay, this is the meat and potatoes (pun intended, because, you know, food). The restaurants inside are varied. Let's start with the good. The breakfast [buffet] was pretty solid. Western breakfast, the usual eggs, bacon, the works. You could even take away some breakfast items if you were rushing. It was a life-saver one morning when I had a major work meeting. But the Asian breakfast choices were a little lackluster.

The A la carte in restaurant was great for dinner. I had a salad in the restaurant that was surprisingly delicious. The desserts in restaurant were also pretty good. I’d have to say: the food did the job of making me forget where I was for a while, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

However, the room service [24-hour] was a bit pricey and a little… slow. I'd made a late-night order. I ordered a bowl of soup that took a solid hour to arrive. But hey, they had things like bottle of water, and I could sit and watch my shows while I was waiting…

They advertised a vegetarian restaurant, which was good for my friend.

Services & Conveniences: Smooth Sailing (Mostly)

The concierge was super helpful. They got me a cab, gave me directions, the whole shebang. They also had currency exchange and cash withdrawal options, which is convenient. Daily housekeeping was a plus, and the staff was generally very accommodating. They knew that I have a lot of bags. The luggage storage was also a welcome addition.

They also have things like dry cleaning and laundry service, should your clothes need it.

Cleanliness & Safety: The New Normal

The cleanliness and safety protocols were clearly in place. Professional-grade sanitizing services, anti-viral cleaning products, and all the staff were wearing masks and gloves. They were very serious about all that, which is reassuring. I noticed they were taking daily disinfection in common areas. Lots of hand sanitizer stations around.

I also noticed that they’d removed “shared stationery” and had individually wrapped food options at the buffet.

For the Kids (and the Kid in Me)

They have family/child-friendly options, including a babysitting service which I never used, but I thought it was nice that they had it.

Things to Do (or at Least, Think About Doing)

Well, you could relax. They have a spa, and a sauna. The pool. You can do all that. Me? I mainly relaxed in my room, watched TV, and snacked. My idea of a good time.

The Verdict: A Solid Stay, With a Few Quirks

Overall, The Waterside Inn is a good hotel. It's clean, comfortable, and has some great amenities. They also have plenty of safety and security features. But it could use a little more… soul. A little more oomph. A little less beige.

Would I recommend it? Yes, probably. Especially if you're looking for a relaxing getaway with good amenities, beautiful views, and a generally pleasant experience. But if you're looking for a hotel that will blow your mind? Maybe keep searching.

Metadata & SEO Goodies:

  • Keywords: Waterside Inn, Mississauga, Luxury Hotel, Lake Ontario, Waterside Dining, Spa, Pool, Fitness Center, Reviews, Ontario Hotels, Accessibility, Cleanliness, Safety, Restaurant, Buffet, 24-hour room service, free wifi
  • Meta Description: Honest review of The Waterside Inn in Mississauga. Features, accessibility, dining, and personal experiences - the good, the bad, and the beige.
  • SEO Considerations: Use of keywords throughout the text, including in headings. Focus on relevant search terms for people looking for hotels in Mississauga.
  • Accessibility Metadata: Wheelchair accessible, accessible rooms, elevators.
  • Hotel Chain: I cannot say as I don't know.
  • Non-smoking rooms: Yes.
  • Pets: Unavailable.
  • Rooms: Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens.
  • Dining: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
  • Services: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings
Escape to Jacksonville, AL: Your Red Roof Inn Awaits!

Book Now

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because my "Waterside Inn, Mississauga" mission is about to unfold, and trust me, it's gonna be less "perfectly curated travel blog" and more "drunken diary entry of an over-caffeinated tourist." Here we go…

The Waterside Inn, Mississauga: A Messy Odyssey (aka My Weekend From Hell… Maybe? I'm Still Processing)

Day 1: Arrival - The Lake, the Panic, the Pizza

  • 1:00 PM - The Great Mississauga Pilgrimage Begins! Arrived at Pearson Airport. Ugh. Airports. It's the specific blend of stale air, stressed-out humanity, and the faint scent of overpriced coffee that really gets the anxiety pumping. Managed to, surprisingly, get my rental car without a massive melt-down (victory!), and pointed Betsy (that's what I'm calling the car, don’t judge) towards the hallowed halls of the Waterside Inn. The actual drive was… pleasant, actually. Trees, sky, that fresh Canadian air whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Betsey got her first taste of that freedom.
  • 2:30 PM - Check-In Chaos (or, "Why I Should Have Packed Patience"). The front desk? Lovely! (Said with a heavy dose of sarcasm). The line was a disaster. I was THIS close to launching myself into the lake, and I wasn't even checked in yet, just the thought of the lake was giving me an escape plan. Finally, after an eternity, I got my room key. Room itself? Decent. View of the, you guessed it, lake. Pretty, actually. Made up for the half-hour wait, I thought.
  • 3:30 PM - The Lake! (And My Existential Dread). Decided to embrace the lakeside vibe. Went down to the waterfront. So. Much. Water. It was beautiful, honestly. But also… lonely somehow? Maybe it was the vastness, or the fact that I was alone, or the vague feeling that I should be married with three kids, running around and not… staring morosely at the friggin' lake. Needed pizza. Stat.
  • 4:30 PM - Pizza Rescue Mission. Ordered pizza from that little place down the street. It was… okay. Needed a slice of the universe to make me feel better.
  • 6:00 PM - The "I Shouldn't Have Drunk That Much Wine Alone" Phase. Had wine. Too much wine. Started binge-watching reality TV. Regret started to set in.
  • 9:00 PM - Sleep? Maybe. (Probably not.) The bed was comfy, so that was a plus. But my brain? A chaotic circus of overthinking.

Day 2: The "Actually Doing Things" Day - Then, The Meltdown

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast Blunder. The Inn's free breakfast? Yeah. Dry scrambled eggs, rubbery bacon, and instant coffee that tasted like despair. Needed caffeine. Fast.
  • 9:00 AM - Stroll of the Lakeshore. Decided to actually do something. Walked along the waterfront trail. Fresh air, sunlight, the sound of water. This was nice! Actually felt a smidge of peace creeping in.
  • 11:00 AM - The Shopping Spree Debacle. Took the car to a local mall. Went to a few stores, hated every single thing. People! Everywhere! And the sales clerks giving off that passive-aggressive vibe was a bit stressful.
  • 1:00 PM - Lunch and the "Oh God, What Am I Doing With My Life?" Crisis. Sat at a cafe looking out at the parking lot (a major mood killer if you ask me). Ordering food and talking myself out of ordering the entire menu. Suddenly, it hit me: I’m alone. I'm… floating. No real responsibilities. Just… me. Is this freedom? Or is it… terrifying? I ordered the salad and stared into the abyss of my (mostly) clean plate.
  • 3:00 PM - Trying to enjoy the pool. Went to the pool. The water was freezing! There were screaming kids! Escape to my room before my sanity cracked.
  • 5:00 PM - The "I Can't Believe I Did That" Dinner. Went to, fancy waterfront restaurant, "doing it all" seemed like a good idea at the time. Ordered way too much food, got tipsy on fancy cocktails, and spent the evening talking to the waiter about the meaning of life. He looked as bored as I felt.
  • 9:00 PM - The Meltdown. Cried. A lot. Then, I ordered room service and ate a burger in bed. This, my friends, is the definition of rock bottom.

Day 3: The "Get Me Out of Here" Departure

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast (Attempted). Skipped the sad breakfast. Needed to get out of here.
  • 9:00 AM - Packing for Disaster. Threw everything in my suitcase. Almost forgot the room key. Classic.
  • 10:00 AM - Check-out and a Moment of Reflection. Checked out. The front desk person smiled. I grunted. Standing there in the parking lot, I glanced back at the Waterside Inn. It wasn’t perfect. It wasn’t Instagram-worthy. But… it was something. It was a small adventure. And, maybe, just maybe, it’s exactly what I needed. (And maybe I'll actually enjoy the next trip. Maybe).
  • 10:30 AM - The Great Escape. Betsy and I (yes, still calling the car that) hit the road. Heading back to the airport. Back to real life. Feeling… strangely okay.
  • 1:00 PM - Flight back home.

In Conclusion: The Waterside Inn? It wasn't the perfect vacation by a long shot. But it served its purpose. I had a rollercoaster of emotions, and I'm pretty good with that. It was raw, it was real, and it made me feel something. And hey, at least I got to see the lake, right? Right? (Pass the chocolate, please.) Next time, I'm bringing a therapist. And maybe a friend. And definitely more pizza.

Brockville Getaway: Unbeatable Days Inn Deals!

Book Now

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada```html

The Waterside Inn: Your Messy, Honest Guide to Mississauga's Waterside Dining

Alright, buckle up buttercups! We're diving headfirst into The Waterside Inn, a place that's supposed to be all breezy elegance and waterfront bliss. Let's see if it lives up to the hype. Because let's be honest, Mississauga can sometimes disappoint, right? (No offense Mississauga, you have your moments... like, the Square One Cheesecake Factory. Bless.)

Is The Waterside Inn really *the* best waterside dining in Mississauga? Spit it out!

Okay, okay, hold your horses! Best is a subjective beast, a fickle friend. But? Yeah, I'd say it's got a solid claim to the throne. It's not *perfect*, mind you (who is?), but the view? Chef's kiss. Seriously, that view of the pier at sunset? It’ll make you tear up a little, even if you're normally a cynical grump like me. The food? Generally pretty darn good. Better than, say, staring at a parking lot while you eat your chicken fingers. And let's be real, that’s the competition, right? (Sorry, other Mississauga restaurants... you know I'm right.)

What's the vibe like? Is it stuffy?

Okay, this is where it gets interesting. The space *tries* for elegant. Think linen tablecloths, the whole shebang. And yes, sometimes, occasionally, it can lean towards the stuffy side. Like, the kind of place where you accidentally drop your fork and feel like you've committed a social faux pas. But... and this is important... it's also surprisingly approachable. I've seen everything from first dates (awkwardly whispering sweet nothings over lobster bisque) to families celebrating milestones (kids getting a little too excited about the bread basket). So, it's trying to be fancy, but it hasn't *quite* lost touch with reality. Which I, for one, appreciate. Unless I'm the one dropping the fork. Then I’m mortified.

The food! Tell me about the food! Is it worth the price tag? Because, let's be honest, it's not cheap.

Right, the crux of the matter: the grub. Okay, here’s the deal. You’re paying for the experience, the view, the *ambiance*. The food is generally very good, not mind-blowingly transcendental, but consistently well-executed. I'm partial to the seafood, naturally. The seared scallops? Usually a home run. I once, and I mean *once*, had a slightly overcooked steak. It was a minor tragedy. I considered complaining…then I saw the sunset and promptly forgave them. (Sunset wins, every time.) Is it worth the price? That depends. Are you celebrating something special? Do you want to impress someone? Are you craving a splurge? Then yes. If you're on a strict ramen budget? Maybe not. But hey, that sunset still calls to me...

Okay, let's get specific. Recommend a dish! And what should I absolutely AVOID?

Alright, channeling my inner food critic (though I'm more of a "food enjoyer"): Go for the scallops. Seriously. They're a regular on the menu, and they're usually perfection. They're like little bites of sunshine and happiness. Avoid… well, I can only speak to personal experience. One time I got the pasta special, and it was… fine. Not bad, not great. I regretted not getting the scallops. Lesson learned! Always go with your heart, and your stomach, and the scallops will guide you. And maybe order a side of truffle fries. Because, why not?

Drinks! What's the cocktail situation like? Are the wines any good?

Drinks! My kind of question! The cocktail game is solid. They clearly put effort into them, not just the usual sugar water with a splash of something. The bartenders actually *know* how to mix a drink. I remember one time, I requested a Negroni, and the bartender looked at me and said with a knowing smirk: ''My favorite''. So, you have a good chance of something good. The wine list? Pretty extensive and they have a decent by the glass selection. Look, I'm no sommelier, but I haven't had a bad wine there. Plus, a glass of crisp white wine on the patio, watching the boats go by… it's practically a requirement for a successful meal.

The Service!? Tell me about the Service! Is it attentive? Rude? What are we in for?

The service is a mixed bag, to be honest. I’ve had stellar experiences, where the waiter anticipated my every need. My water glass magically refilled itself, and they knew exactly when to check on our courses. Then I had a time when the waiter seemed to have vanished into thin air. The staff at The Waterside Inn are very busy so that is understandable. Just be patient because it's a beautiful place and if you get a slow waiter, be gentle... it is after all the best waterside dining in Mississauga.

What about Parking? Is it a nightmare?

Parking? Oh, boy. This is where things can get a little… messy. The Waterside Inn has it's own parking, which is a blessing, but it fills up quickly, especially on weekends and during peak sunset hours. I once had to circle the lot for a solid fifteen minutes while the *entire* restaurant seemed to be full of people backing out. My advice? Go a little early, or plan to find street parking nearby and walking. It’s worth the hassle, though. The sunset, I swear, makes all the parking woes fade away. It's like magic. Messy magic, but still magic.

Give me the one thing I should absolutely do if I go? (Besides order the scallops, obviously.)

Okay, other than the scallops? Take a deep breath, and actually *look* at the view. Put your phone down (unless you're Instagramming the sunset, I won't judge). Seriously, just soak it in. The water, the sky, the boats… It's a little escape, a little bit of peace, right here in Mississauga. And after you do that? Maybe order a dessertBudget Travel Destination

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

The Waterside Inn Mississauga (ON) Canada

Post a Comment for "Mississauga's BEST Waterside Dining: The Waterside Inn Unveiled!"