Escape to Fort St. John: Microtel Inn & Suites Awaits!

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Escape to Fort St. John: Microtel Inn & Suites Awaits!

Escape to Fort St. John: Microtel Inn & Suites - My Unexpected Fortress of Comfort (and Coffee!)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just crawled out of the Microtel Inn & Suites in Fort St. John, and honestly? I'm a little… refreshed. This isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review, folks. This is me, spilling the beans on what it’s really like to hole up in this place, warts and all. And trust me, there are warts (more on that later).

SEO & Metadata (because the algorithms demand it):

  • Keywords: Microtel Inn & Suites, Fort St. John, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Free Wi-Fi, Pool, Fitness Center, Breakfast, Cleanliness, Safety, Northern British Columbia, Travel, Accommodation.
  • Meta Description: A brutally honest review of the Microtel Inn & Suites in Fort St. John, BC. From the surprisingly good coffee to the questionable lighting, find out if this is the perfect northern escape for you! Includes details on accessibility, amenities, cleanliness, and everything in between.

First Impressions – The Good (and the Slightly Confusing)

Let's be real, Fort St. John isn't exactly the Vegas strip. It's a working town, and you can tell. But the Microtel? Well, it's aiming for a touch of modern comfort in a very practical setting. The exterior is fairly standard, not particularly exciting, but not offensive either. Think "dependable beige with a hint of 'we're trying'".

  • Access: Okay, so the accessibility. Accessibility is pretty good! Saw ramps and elevators, and while I didn’t explore the entire hotel with a wheelchair, it seemed like a solid effort was made. Felt confident someone with mobility issues could navigate around. Good stuff, Microtel.
  • Check-in/out [express]: Contactless check-in/out: They had this! Always a win in this post-pandemic world and it really made me feel good about the safety of it all.
  • Exterior corridor: That's the thing, it has those, which on one hand is good for quick access from parking to room but on the other doesn't feel luxurious.

The Room – A Home Away From Home (Mostly!)

My room? Well, it was clean. And in these times? That's a solid foundation. Rooms sanitized between stays. Always good to know. The room sanitization opt-out available option is a nice touch too.

  • Air conditioning; Air conditioning in public area: Thank God, it got a little warm, so that was great.
  • Available in all rooms: Bathroom phone, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Internet access – wireless, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Soundproofing, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.: Okay, so those mentioned amenities are great, I mean, they really are what the experience is like if you are there for personal reasons. However, the Wi-Fi was slightly spotty at peak hours, but manageable. The free Wi-Fi is a huge bonus, and honestly, necessary these days. And here's a HUGE personal win: Complimentary tea and coffee in the room! I am addicted, so that was a godsend. They even had a tiny fridge!
  • Additional toilet, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Desk, Extra long bed, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Telephone, Umbrella, Wake-up service, and Window that opens.: That's a lot, but hey, it helps it feel even more like a home away from home, I guess.
  • Safety/security feature and Smoke alarms Also, the smoke alarms and safety features made me feel much safer.

A Real-Life Mishap!

Okay, here is my little imperfection: The placement of the plug sockets were not always, well, ideally placed. There was this one by the bed and I nearly had to move the bed to plug in my charger. Not a huge deal, but a minor annoyance.

  • Socket near the bed: Well, it was almost there, I will leave it at that!
  • Desk, Laptop workspace: Well, not exactly there, it was on the other side, still.

Food, Glorious Food (Or At Least, Breakfast!)

Now, this is where the Microtel shines! Surprisingly. I fully expected the usual hotel buffet blandness. But the breakfast was decent. Certainly enough to get me going.

  • Breakfast [buffet]: This was the core of it all.
  • Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Buffet in restaurant: They had items from both worlds. I did not have high expectations, but there was a nice selection of Continental and cooked options.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop This is where I got my fix! Coffee was robust and not that weak hotel water. And oh the tea!
  • Breakfast takeaway service: They offered this, which was such a relief during the stay.

The Rest – Amenities That Make You Go "Hmm…"

  • Fitness Center: Gym/fitness: I am sad to admit, I gave the fitness center a miss. Hey, I was on vacation! But it looked like it had the basics, and that's good enough for a quick sweat.
  • Sauna, Spa/sauna: No, I did not get to try the sauna, and there didn't look like a spa.
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: No, this time of year, there was nothing.

Cleanliness & Safety – A Must-Have Nowadays

  • Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Staff trained in safety protocol: They were really on the ball with cleanliness. You could feel the effort. This is important, and I appreciated the thoroughness.
  • Individually-wrapped food options, Safe dining setup: The food safety was great, I felt very safe.

The "Other" Stuff – Services and Quirks

  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: So much free parking, fantastic.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities: Did not use them, but they were there if you needed them.
  • Contactless check-in/out, Daily housekeeping: More wins! I enjoyed the daily housekeeping.
  • Doorman: Nope.
  • Air conditioning in public area, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: They have things for everyone.
  • Pets allowed unavailable: Unfortunately no pets allowed.

The Verdict – Would I Go Back?

Honestly? Yes. The Microtel Inn & Suites in Fort St. John isn't going to win any awards for luxury, but it delivers on the essentials. It's clean, it's safe, the coffee is good, and that's enough to get me through. It's a solid base camp for exploring the area or just hiding away from the world for a bit. If you are after some comfort, and you are in the area, this is a real option!

Final Score: 3.75 out of 5 Stars (Solidly Above Average)

Denver's BEST Courtyard Marriott? Central Park Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is…my Fort St. John itinerary. And trust me, it’s a wild ride. We're talking Microtel Inn & Suites, the heart of Fort St. John (or, you know, just a heart). Prepare yourselves for… the chaos.

Day 1: Arrival, Assessment, and the Absolute Mystery of the Water Pressure

  • 1:00 PM - Arrive at Microtel. Check-in. Pray to the Wifi Gods. Ok, first things first: did I remember my charger? Because if not, this whole trip is doomed. The front desk clerk, bless her heart, had the thousand-yard stare of someone who'd seen a lot of weary travelers. "Room 312," she sighed, handing over the keycard. "Enjoy." I swear, I heard a hint of dread in her voice.

  • 1:30 PM - Room Inspection (and a Deep Sigh of Relief). Alright, room's… fine. Cleanish. Bed looks relatively inviting. The view? Let's just say it's not exactly postcard material. But hey, it's a bed! Crucially, it has air conditioning, because I flew in from a place that's way hotter than this.

  • 2:00 PM - The Hotel Water Pressure Saga begins. Okay, the bathroom… Oh. My. God. The water pressure. It's like a sad, anemic trickle. Like the shower is whispering, "I'm trying, but I just can't." This is gonna be a long shower. And later, when I tried to wash my hands, it literally stopped flowing… I had to go to the front desk (with dripping wet hands), and complain. Did the front desk know how to fix it? Of course not. Now I have to leave it until tomorrow. Unbelievable.

  • 3:00 PM - Reconnaissance Mission: The Search for Coffee. Every good hotel needs a coffee machine, right? This one had, well, a machine. The coffee? Meh. Think weak, almost flavorless brown liquid. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I was forced to walk 5 minutes to the local cafe.

  • 4:00 PM - The Town's first impression. The town itself is… well, it's a town. The buildings have that vaguely utilitarian look that screams "oilfield town." Which is, of course, what this is.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner: The Quest for Edible Food. I am pretty sure the local restaurant had food poisoning, but I didn't experience any of the symptoms, so I had a good experience!

  • 8:00 PM - Evening relaxation. The hotel has a pool and a gym, but I am far too tired from the plane trip to go.

Day 2: Adventure! (Maybe, Actually, Probably Not)

  • 7:00 AM - Water pressure test #2. Still terrible. Did I mention the abysmal water pressure? Because it’s back. I tried again to complain, but the person at the front desk clearly thought I was insane. Oh well.

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast Buffering. Microtel's breakfast. Standard fare, eggs, toast, sad little sausages. But hey, it's free, and I am hungry.

  • 9:00 AM - Exploring - It's a "Maybe". The itinerary said "potentially explore the area." Does visiting the nearby gas station for a snack count? The next few hours are up for grabs. Depending on how much I can tolerate the water pressure.

  • 11:00 AM - Getting lost while finding the closest store. Yeah, that happened. Seriously, how hard is it to navigate a small town? Apparently, harder than I thought. I ended up circling the area, muttering to myself, and feeling like a complete idiot. This is where my trip is getting pretty messy…

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch and reflections. I ate the food I bought from the gas station while staring at the view of the parking lot.

  • 2:00 PM - The Water Pressure and the Final Straw. I went to the front desk, and again complained about the pathetic water pressure. "We'll look into it," the clerk said. I’m convinced they think I am crazy.

  • 4:00 PM - A Walk of Despair. A stroll around the (small) park. The trees were nice, but the whole experience was dampened by an overwhelming desire to escape the hotel and its watery woes.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner. I ate leftover gas station food in my room.

  • 8:00 PM - Bed. Hopefully, I can sleep through the sound of the dripping faucet.

Day 3: Departure and the Water Pressure Will Haunt Me Forever

  • 7:00 AM - The Final, Futile Shower Attempt. I have decided to give up entirely, and I will just have to smell, so I cannot use any of Microtel's facilities.

  • 8:00 AM - Leaving. I left a scathing review as I checked out.

  • 8:30 AM - Goodbye Microtel. Never Again. It was an experience. A weird, watery, slightly disappointing experience.

Pensacola Airport's BEST Kept Secret: Hyatt Place Uncovered!

Book Now

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) CanadaOkay, buckle up buttercup, because we're diving headfirst into the messy, wonderful, and probably slightly insane world of the Microtel Inn & Suites in Fort St. John. This isn't your grandma's sterile FAQ. This is the *real* deal. Consider yourself warned...

So, Microtel in Fort St. John... Worth it, or am I gonna regret this decision more than that questionable burrito I ate at 3 AM last Tuesday?

Okay, look, let's be real. Fort St. John ain't exactly the Riviera. It's a working town, and the Microtel is… well, it's *in* Fort St. John. Think of it like this: it's the reliable friend who always shows up, even if they're wearing mismatched socks. It's *pretty* worth it. I mean, you're not expecting the Ritz, are you? You just want a clean bed, a hot shower, and hopefully, a decent breakfast to fuel your adventures. Microtel USUALLY delivers on those fronts. Keyword: usually.

I remember one time, I swear, the elevator was possessed. Kept stopping at every freakin' floor, even the ones where no one was waiting. Made me late for a VERY important meeting. (Okay, it was a meeting about getting a better job at a burger joint, but still! Important!) But hey, character building, right? And the staff? Bless their hearts, they're friendly folks. You can tell they work hard. That counts for a LOT in my book.

What's the deal with the breakfast? Is it… edible? Please tell me there's more than just sad, dried-out muffins.

Okay, the breakfast situation... It's a gamble, folks. A glorious, unpredictable gamble! Some days, you hit the jackpot. Fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, maybe even *real* fruit! Other days... well, let's just say I’ve seen better looking food on a highway. They sometimes have those pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches, which are usually okay if you're desperate. The coffee? It's coffee. Not gourmet, not particularly mind-blowing, but it *exists*. I'm a caffeine addict, so I appreciate its presence, even when it's weak enough to power a tiny hamster wheel.

Honestly, I'd recommend popping over to the Tim Horton's down the street. But if you're feeling adventurous, and you like living on the edge… try the yogurt. Just... maybe check the expiry date first. Just sayin'.

The rooms – are they clean? Because I have a phobia of questionable things living in hotel rooms, and I don't want to be haunted by bed bugs...

Alright, deep breaths. Room cleanliness… *it's usually good.* Look, no place is perfect. I've stayed in enough hotels to know that. I once found a rogue sock in a drawer. (No idea how it got there. Maybe it was a ghost sock?) Generally speaking, the Microtel rooms in Fort St. John are clean and well-kept. They have this thing where they clean them, you know? It's a crazy idea. The beds are comfy enough, the bathrooms are functional, and I've never seen any evidence of… the creepy crawlies. At least, not that I've noticed. (Knock on wood!) If you are super paranoid, bring some of those sanitizing wipes. I always do.

And the cleaning staff? They're always friendly. Leave them a decent tip, okay? They deserve it. Dealing with messy guests is a hard job!

WiFi. Is it reliable? Because I'm practically addicted to the internet (don't judge), and being cut off would be tragic.

WiFi... Ah, the great internet divide. It's… okay. Sometimes. It's not always lightning fast, and it might, occasionally, decide to take a little nap when you really, really need it. Picture this: I was trying to download a super important file (okay, a cat video compilation, but still!). The WiFi decided to take a vacation. Cue me, pacing the room, muttering under my breath, and considering throwing the laptop out the window. Don't do that. It's not worth it. Just… be patient. Or, you know, tether your phone. Problem solved.

One time, though? The WiFi was *amazing*. I mean, blazing fast. I’m pretty sure I could’ve downloaded the entire internet in about five minutes. I have no idea what happened, but I'm not complaining! It was the best WiFi experience I've had at a hotel! I hope it's just as good next time. Maybe I'll get REALLY lucky.

Is there parking? Because I am terrible at parallel parking, and I don't want to cause a scene.

Yes, there's parking! And it's usually plentiful. You shouldn't have to worry about parallel parking nightmares. Whew! Blessedly, you don't have to worry about that here. It's pretty standard parking stuff, so... you should be alright. Unless, of course, you're me, and I somehow managed to wedge my car into a spot that defied all laws of physics. (Seriously, how did I even manage that?! I still don't know.)

But seriously, good parking. You're good. Unless you try to park like *I* do. Then, well, you're on your own.

What about the location? Is it convenient to… stuff?

The location... It's… *fine*. It's not downtown bustling. It’s near stuff. Restaurants, some shops, that sort of thing. Everything in Fort St. John does tend to be spread out a bit, so you'll probably need a car. You know. The usual. It's not like you're going to be strolling to the Eiffel Tower or anything, but everything is manageable and you can get to what you need fairly easily. I really liked the nearby bakery and the pizza place. Delicious!

My biggest issue? It’s a tiny bit out of the way, but the scenery is nice. So, it's a trade-off! And sometimes, it’s nice to be away from the hustle and bustle, you know?

Are there any hidden gems or tips I should know?

Okay, top secret tip: ask for a room away from the elevator if you're a light sleeper. The elevator, like the WiFi, can be a bit… erratic. Also, pack earplugs. You never know. Sometimes you get loud neighbors. Don't be afraid to ask the front desk for anything you need! They’re usually helpful (and if they're not… well, you're in Fort St. John. You got nothing but time!).

And most importantly? Have fun! Embrace the weirdness. Fort St. John has its own unique charm. Just… don't expect too much. Manage your expectations, and you might actually enjoy yourself! I did. Most of the time.

Okay, last question. Would you stay there again? BeUptown Lodging

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fort St John Fort Saint John (BC) Canada

Post a Comment for "Escape to Fort St. John: Microtel Inn & Suites Awaits!"