
Taipei's Hottest Hotel: Gracery Taipei - Unmissable Views & Luxury!
Gracery Taipei: My Love-Hate Affair with Godzilla's Hotel (and Why You Might Love It Too)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from Gracery Taipei, and let me tell you, it's an experience. Forget sterile travel reviews, this is the messy, honest truth. We’re talking highs, lows, and a whole lotta in-between, starting with… THAT GODZILLA! Seriously, it’s plastered all over the marketing, and the reality? Freakin' awesome. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. This isn't just a hotel with a giant lizard on the roof. It's a whole complex, and like any complex, it's got its quirks.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (Like My Mood Swings)
Gracery attempts to be accessible, bless its heart. I say "attempts" because while they have elevator access (Services and conveniences) - thank goodness! and facilities for disabled guests (Services and conveniences), I didn’t personally check every single inch for wheelchair friendliness. From my observations, maneuvering around the lobby and accessing the restaurants seemed doable. But be sure to call ahead and confirm your needs. It's Taipei, and things are usually well-planned, but always double-check!
Rooms: Cozy, Quirky, and Maybe a Little…Claustrophobic? (Available in all rooms)
Alright, let's get real. My room, a non-smoking room (Available in all rooms), was… compact. Like, “cozy” level compact. This is a standard thing for Taipei hotels, but if you're used to sprawling suites, prepare yourself. The air conditioning (Available in all rooms) blasted gloriously cold air, which was a lifesaver after a day of exploring. The bed (Available in all rooms)? Comfortable. Not luxury-hotel-level comfortable, but perfectly acceptable.
Inside my room, I really dug the:
- Complimentary tea and coffee maker (Available in all rooms), essential for fueling those late-night explorations and early-morning recoveries.
- Free bottled water (Available in all rooms), which is a godsend in the humid Taipei climate.
- In-room safe box (Available in all rooms), always a plus for peace of mind.
But, and there’s always a but, the window that opens (Available in all rooms) was disappointingly small, the bathroom phone (Available in all rooms) was a bit archaic, and the mirror (Available in all rooms) kept showing me my tired travel face. Oh, and the carpet (Available in all rooms), though clean, did remind me of my grandma's house so… a bit of nostalgia.
Oh and yes, the additional toilet was a great thing, even though I didn't think I would have needed it!
Internet: Free Wi-Fi, but Beware the Digital Ghosts (Internet)
Free Wi-Fi (Available in all rooms) – yes! Thank goodness for that. The connection was generally reliable, but I had couple of moments where the "digital ghosts" seemed to get in the way. Sometimes, I'd be mid-Zoom call, and poof, connection gone. It made me wonder if the Godzilla (of the internet) was disrupting the signal from the top of the hotel. So, overall, decent, but not perfect. It had Internet access – wireless (Available in all rooms) plus Internet access – LAN (Available in all rooms).
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized Bliss? (Cleanliness and safety)
Alright, COVID times, yeah? Gracery took it seriously. I saw daily disinfection in common areas (Cleanliness and safety), staff trained in safety protocol (Cleanliness and safety), hand sanitizer (Cleanliness and safety) EVERYWHERE. The rooms were sanitized between stays (Cleanliness and safety), and they even had rooms sanitization opt-out available (Cleanliness and safety). The anti-viral cleaning products (Cleanliness and safety) were probably working overtime, as there were hygiene certification (Cleanliness and safety) and even sterilizing equipment (Cleanliness and safety). They even had individually-wrapped food options (Cleanliness and safety) which I didn't try but at least it gave me a feeling of comfort. I felt relatively safe and sound, which, in these times, is a huge win.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (Dining, drinking, and snacking)
Okay, the food situation was… varied. They have restaurants (Dining, drinking, and snacking), no duh. The Asian cuisine in restaurant (Dining, drinking, and snacking) was actually pretty solid. The breakfast [buffet] (Dining, drinking, and snacking) was… well, it was a buffet. I loved the Asian breakfast (Dining, drinking, and snacking), and they even had vegetarian restaurant (Dining, drinking, and snacking) choices. The coffee/tea in restaurant (Dining, drinking, and snacking) was always welcome, especially after a night out. They do have a poolside bar (Dining, drinking, and snacking), which I did not get to try because, well, I didn't visit the facilities. They served salad in restaurant (Dining, drinking, and snacking) and there's a snack bar (Dining, drinking, and snacking).
Here’s the thing: the atmosphere in the restaurants felt a little… sterile, bordering on the clinical. Maybe it's the lingering effects of the pandemic protocols, or maybe it's just the design. But a little more warmth and less of a "strictly business" vibe would have been nice.
There was also a coffee shop (Dining, drinking, and snacking) in case you needed a quick pick me up.
Things to Do / Ways to Relax: Gym Rats and Spa Lovers, Rejoice (Things to do, ways to relax)
So, no, Gracery Taipei is not a resort. Don't expect sprawling grounds and endless amenities. But, they have a fitness center (Things to do, ways to relax) and they have a spa (Things to do, ways to relax). They also have a sauna (Things to do, ways to relax) and a steamroom (Things to do, ways to relax), but I never got around to using them. (Too much exploring, not enough relaxing, in my case!)
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things Matter (Services and conveniences)
Gracery does a good job with the basics. 24-hour front desk (Services and conveniences), daily housekeeping (Services and conveniences), and a concierge (Services and conveniences) who were generally helpful. They also have a convenience store (Services and conveniences), which is always a lifesaver for late-night cravings.
- Laundry service and dry cleaning (Services and conveniences) were clutch.
- They also had currency exchange (Services and conveniences) which came in handy.
- Luggage storage (Services and conveniences) was a great help.
However, like a lot of hotels in busy cities, things felt a little impersonal at times. A little more warmth from the staff wouldn't hurt. However the car park [free of charge] (Getting around) was a plus, and they also had car park [on-site] (Getting around). They also had taxi service (Getting around).
For the Kids: Family-Friendly-ish (For the kids)
I didn’t have any kids with me, so I can’t vouch firsthand. But Gracery appears to be family/child friendly (For the kids). They have babysitting service (For the kids) and kids meal (For the kids). I saw a few families around, and the general atmosphere seemed welcoming.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Getting around)
The hotel's location is superb. You're right in the heart of Ximending, a vibrant district with tons of shops, restaurants, and nightlife. Airport transfer (Getting around) is available. Bicycle parking (Getting around) is there if you want to be adventurous to find your way around. Taxi service (Getting around) is readily available. The car park [free of charge] (Getting around) and car park [on-site] (Getting around) were a bit confusing.
My Verdict: Godzilla's Got Staying Power… But It's Not All Sunshine and Giant Monsters.
Gracery Taipei is a solid choice. Is it perfect? Nope. Does the Godzilla on the roof make up for a few shortcomings? Absolutely, yes! It’s got a great location, clean rooms (mostly), decent amenities, and that quirky charm. It’s not a luxury experience, but it's a comfortable and convenient base for exploring Taipei. If you're looking for a memorable stay, especially if you want to get a picture with the Godzilla (because, seriously, you have to), then Gracery is worth considering.
Rating: 4 out of 5 (Would visit again, especially to take more photos of Godzilla.)
Key Takeaways:
- Pros: Incredible location, cleanliness, Godzilla, free Wi-Fi, generally reliable services.
- Cons: Compact rooms,

Okay, buckle up buttercup. This isn't your sanitized, perfectly-pacing itinerary. This is a dive into my potential adventure at Hotel Gracery Taipei. Expect a mess, expect honesty, and expect me to probably forget to brush my teeth at least once.
Hotel Gracery Taipei: Operation Godzilla… or Attempt Thereof (Taipei, Taiwan)
Day 1: Arrival and Initial Panic
- 7:00 AM (ish) - Wake Up & Pre-Trip Pre-Rant: Okay, so I set an alarm. Technically. Half-slept through it. My cat, Mittens, is giving me the stink eye. She knows. She always knows I'm about to abandon her for a week. Guilt gnaws. Pack. Pack. Pack. Did I remember my passport? (Spoiler: I hopefully did.) Did I remember enough underwear? More important question.
- 9:00 AM - The Airport Gauntlet: Travel day! Ugh airports. They're the purgatory of travel. Security is always a disaster. I always sweat in the metal detector. Always.
- 1:00 PM (ish) - Flight (Hopeful) Arrival in Taipei: Fingers crossed the flight isn't delayed. I'm always convinced the plane will crash. This time I'm listening to a guided meditation, which is helping a little.
- 3:00 PM - Taxi Tango + Hotel Gracery Taipei!: The taxi ride. Pray for a decent driver. Pray they understand my attempts at Mandarin (which are probably appalling). Arrival at Hotel Gracery Taipei: Okay, the photo on the website? Unreal. That Godzilla head? Freaking awesome. I'm suddenly overwhelmed.
- 3:30 PM - Check-in. Breathe. And… oh. The room! Check in, hopefully smooth, no drama. The room. I HAVE to see it. It's a Godzilla-themed hotel. Am I staying in a Godzilla room? I desperately hope so. Okay. Deep breath. I need caffeine.
- 4:00 PM - Godzilla Reconnaissance: Locate the Godzilla head. See it. Feel the awe. Take a million photos! This is the entire reason I'm here. I need to immediately feel the joy. Right now. No holding back.
- 5:00 PM - Unpacking and Regroup: Okay, so the first thing is, I'll probably unpack a mess. And I will need to find a decent place to regroup. Take a shower and a quick nap (jet lag is a thief of joy).
- 6:00 PM - Dinner. (And, potentially, the food coma of my life): I'm going to walk around and find some food. I want something authentic. I crave street food. I need the heat of the Taipei night to hit me. I am thinking beef noodle soup is calling my name. And then sleep. Lots of sleep.
Day 2: Lost in Translations and Noodles
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast (If I can manage to get out of bed): Okay, so breakfast is a requirement. I need to try the local breakfast food. Soy milk and stuff - I hope I like it!
- 9:00 AM-12:00 AM - Exploring Ximending: Explore Ximending! The youthful shopping district. I want to get lost in the maze of shops. (I will, inevitably, get lost. I have a terrible sense of direction.) Try some street food, buy something I don't need, and soak up the atmosphere.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch at a local restaurant (hopefully not too spicy). I'm going to look for a local restaurant, with minimal English menus.
- 1:30 PM - Taipei 101 (Trying not to faint from heights): I will go up the Taipei 101. This is non-negotiable. The views! I hope I don't get acrophobia. Try to take photos. Mostly to show off.
- 3:00 PM - Exploring the ground level of Taipei 101. (And the malls): I'm going to spend some time exploring the malls under Taipei 101. Maybe get a bubble tea.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner in the Shilin Night Market: I'm going to Shilin Night Market. It's the legendary night market. I'm prepared. I'll be brave. I will eat anything. Probably. Maybe.
- 8:00 PM - After-Dinner Stroll (and possibly regretting all the food I ate): Savor the delicious food coma. Stroll. Maybe find my way back to the hotel. (Again, a challenge.)
Day 3: Culture, Temples, and a Possible Mental Breakdown
- 9:00 AM - Longshan Temple: I'm going to visit Longshan Temple. I want to experience the serenity. Or, you know, try.
- 10:30 AM - Exploring the area around Longshan Temple: Wander around the area surrounding the temple, find some local shops, and maybe a tea house (needed).
- 12:00 PM - Lunch (more beef noodle soup?). Look for another great noodle joint.
- 1:30 PM-3:30 PM - Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall: History! Culture! I will take in the grandeur. I will try to understand the history. Maybe I'll cry.
- 4:00 PM - Eslite Bookstore or a Tea House (depending on my mood): This is my "recharge" period. I'm going to choose. Either a bookstore to hide in, or a tea house to sip and stare into the distance.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner and a possible (read: probable) shopping spree. Dinner. Then a shopping spree at a market or a local shop (for gifts, mostly for myself).
Day 4: Hot Springs, Relaxation, and Maybe A Mountain…
- 9:00 AM - Beheading. Wait. No… Check out? Last breakfast at the hotel. Then, for the love of all things, I might take transportation outside of Taipei and go to Beitou (a region known for its hot springs).
- 10:00 AM - Hot spring spa time: Find a public hot spring and RELAX. Sweat it out. Let the heat melt away the stress. I deserve this.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch in Beitou: Find somewhere for lunch.
- 2:00 PM - Yangmingshan National Park (maybe): I might go to Yangmingshan National Park. This depends on how tired I am.
- 6:00 PM - Farewell Dinner: Find a great restaurant to celebrate all the good times.
Day 5: Departure (and inevitable post-trip blues)
- Morning: Final breakfast, last-minute souvenir shopping. Maybe revisit somewhere I loved.
- Afternoon: Head to the airport, process the trip, and cry inside a little.
- Evening: Fly Home.
- The Next Six Months: Yearn. Long for Taipei constantly. Start planning the next trip.
Important Notes (and My Flailing):
- Food: I am the kind of person who will find any excuse to eat. I'll try anything once. (Okay, maybe not anything.) I'm mostly hoping for delicious.
- Language: My Mandarin is embarrassing. I will rely heavily on Google Translate and friendly locals. I'm prepared to look like an idiot.
- Transportation: I am not the best navigator. I will likely get lost. Embrace the chaos.
- Expect the unexpected: This is a rough draft. It'll probably change completely. I'm hoping for adventure, and I'm prepared for the occasional disaster.
- Godzilla: This is the most important part. I'm literally here for the Godzilla head. I will spend an ungodly amount of time staring at it. I will report back with all the glorious details. And, in the end, it will probably be the best part of the whole trip.
Wish me luck. Seriously. I'll need it. And maybe a good supply of antacids.
Anaheim Hotel Near Disneyland: CA's BEST Family Getaway!
Gracery Taipei: FAQ - Because You NEED to Know (and I'm still recovering...)
Okay, Seriously, What's the Deal with the Godzilla? I need the truth!
Alright, so you've heard the whispers, seen the Insta-pics. The Godzilla? That's the main event, folks. And IT'S AWESOME. Let me tell you, the first time I saw that glowing green beast peeking over the roof? I actually yelped. Grown man, yelped! It’s just...a total trip. It's this massive, meticulously detailed Godzilla statue that looms over the hotel. You can't really miss it, and if you *do* miss it, you've got serious eye problems.
Here’s the thing: you *can* get a room with a Godzilla view. DO IT. Just...book *way* in advance. Or, you know, resort to bribery. (Just kidding...kinda.) The balcony experience during the Godzilla's show, especially during the evening's light show... chef's kiss. Seriously. Chef's freakin' kiss.
Okay, the *truth* truth? The show schedule can be a little cryptic. I missed it the first night because I was too busy staring at my reflection in the perfectly clean window and unpacking. Sigh. Learn from my mistakes. Check the times *immediately* after check-in. You don’t want to miss the big guy's roar and light show! They give you a heads-up, but I mean, jet lag *is* a thing, people... and sometimes, you just need a nap!
The Rooms: Are They Actually Luxurious, or Just Instagram-Pretty? Spill!
Luxury, my friends, is a subjective beast. But Gracery Taipei? Yeah, it's got the goods. They don’t skimp on the details. The beds are *heaven*. Seriously, I sunk in like I was being embraced by a cloud made of marshmallows and pure, unadulterated sleep. The linen felt like a caress from a silk-robed angel (that, or it’s really nice fabric).
The bathroom? Clean, spacious, and with a rain shower that *actually* felt like a rain shower. You know how some "rain showers" are just sad little dribbles? Not here. This thing absolutely *drowned* me in gloriously hot water. I may have stayed in there for an embarrassing amount of time, but hey, after a 14-hour flight, a good shower is practically therapy!
Here is a bit of a confession. The rooms are not *massive*. Think more "efficiently designed" and less "palatial estate." But they're perfectly functional, and really, who spends their whole trip stuck in the room? That's just...not a good use of Taiwan! I'm fine with the reasonable room size (especially given the location and other perks). Just set expectations. Don't bring the whole family of course, just the immediate family members and the dog.
What's the Location *Really* Like? Is it Convenient or a Tourist Trap?
Location, location, location! Gracery Taipei nails it. It's in the heart of Ximending, which is *buzzing*. Think Times Square, but with better food and way more fun. Street food galore! Endless shopping! Crazy, colorful lights! You can walk pretty much everywhere, or the MRT (subway) is right there, so you’re connected to the whole city.
Here's a moment of truth: *it's busy*. Like, really busy. If you're looking for serene isolation, this ain't it. But if you thrive on energy and want to be in the middle of it all, you'll love it.
My advice? Embrace the chaos! Grab some stinky tofu (don't knock it 'til you try it, trust me!), wander through the shops, and just soak it all in. It's an experience!
Is Breakfast Worth It? Should I Ditch the Hotel Buffet and Eat Street Food?
Okay, this is a tough one. The breakfast buffet at Gracery Taipei? It's...fine. Good, even. They have a decent selection of Western and Asian options. Eggs, bacon, pastries, congee, noodles... the usual suspects. Everything's fresh, and the coffee is actually drinkable (not always a given with hotel buffets).
BUT…and this is a big but… Ximending is a *foodie paradise*. The street food is legendary. You could easily skip the buffet and eat your way through the neighborhood. Honestly? I'd probably do a mix. Grab a quick bite at the buffet for convenience, and then hit the streets for the *real* breakfast adventure.
Maybe grab a little bit of the buffet. Then go and wander down to the shops and eat some incredible egg rolls and maybe some hot tea. You have to explore! Trust me, that's what I did on my second day, and I can feel a new found freedom and taste buds working in harmony!
The Staff: Are They Actually Helpful, or Just Smile and Nod?
The staff? They're genuinely fantastic. Super friendly, helpful, and they speak English really well. (Thank goodness, because my Mandarin is…well, let's just say I could order a beer and that's about it.)
I lost my passport (don't ask!) and the front desk staff were absolute lifesavers. They helped me contact the embassy, translate documents, and generally kept me from having a complete meltdown. Seriously, I owe them a debt of gratitude. They went above and beyond – and I was a total mess!
They’re also super knowledgeable about tours, restaurants, and things to do. Ask them for recommendations - they're full of amazing advice. They’re more than just “smile and nod.” They actually care. I felt like they genuinely wanted me to have a good time. That kind of service is rare and makes a big difference.
Any Hidden Gems or Quirks I Should Know About?
Okay, so the hidden gems... let me tell you! First off, the elevators! You'd think it's a simple thing, but they’re fast and efficient, which is a huge plus after a long day of walking around. But also, there are a ton of great restaurants and shops *in the building itself*! I didn’t realize at first! It's like a mini-city. There’s a ramen place down the street that is heavenly, and a cute little cafe in the lobby with incredible coffee. Check everything out!
And here’s a real insider tip. Right outside of the hotel, there is a crazy good board game cafe. I am an avid board game-er, and this was incredible! I met so many people and played new games! Don'Hotel Bliss Search


Post a Comment for "Taipei's Hottest Hotel: Gracery Taipei - Unmissable Views & Luxury!"