Santa Monica Sunsets & Luxury: Courtyard Marriott Escape!

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Santa Monica Sunsets & Luxury: Courtyard Marriott Escape!

Santa Monica Sunset & Luxury: Courtyard Marriott Escape – Oh My Word! (A Very Honest Review)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the real deal on the Courtyard Marriott in Santa Monica. I’m not gonna lie, I went in expecting… well, a Courtyard Marriott. You know? Competent. Clean. Forgettable. But this… this was a rollercoaster of sunshine, salty air, and "Did I really just eat three slices of that key lime pie?" Let’s dive in, shall we?

SEO & Metadata Stuff (Gotta appease the bots, right?): Santa Monica Hotel Review, Courtyard Marriott Santa Monica, Luxury Hotel, Beachfront Hotel, Wheelchair Accessible Hotels, California Vacation, Hotel with Pool, Spa Santa Monica, Free Wi-Fi Hotel, Accessible Dining Santa Monica, Santa Monica Sunset Views, Pet-Friendly Hotel (kinda), Business Travel Santa Monica, Family Friendly Hotel

First Impressions & Accessibility – The Good, the Not-So-Good, and the "Wait, What?"

Pulling up to the Courtyard, you're greeted by that California sunshine and a pretty decent view already. Valet parking is available (praise the heavens – street parking in Santa Monica is a bloodsport, and I’m not built for it) but thankfully, there is also car park [on-site], car park [free of charge], so consider this! First point of consideration, even for something a little more accessible: Elevator: Check! Wheelchair accessible: Absolutely. The ramp access was actually good, not the token gesture you sometimes get. Facilities for disabled guests: They seemed genuinely considered. This scored major points with me. Check-in/out [express] & Contactless check-in/out: YES! Especially appreciated in this post-COVID world. Although… my digital key glitched, and I ended up standing awkwardly in the lobby for about ten minutes while a very patient staff member sorted it out. Stuff happens! I can laugh about it now.

Rooms: Comfort, Convenience, & the Search for the Perfect Pillow

Let's cut right to the chase, shall we? The non-smoking rooms are, thankfully, actually non-smoking. Important. My room had air conditioning, it was essential and working efficiently! The blackout curtains, however, were a lifesaver. Sleep is precious, especially after a flight. The bed was comfortable. Extra long bed. Thank God for that, because I'm 6'3" and those regular beds just don't cut it. They had complimentary tea and a coffee/tea maker, which is practically a necessity for me in the mornings. The mini bar was there, and I made good use of it. Free bottled water was a welcome touch, because, hydration is key! The bathroom was clean and had a separate shower/bathtub. It was a good setup. In-room safe box was convenient, because you never know. Wi-Fi [free]: Yeah, it worked. That’s all I ask really.

Now, the real test: the all-important pillows. I’m a pillow snob. Honestly, I’ve contemplated bringing my own on trips. These were… okay. I can't give them a rave review, but they weren't horrific. They were there. Also, I got a room on a high floor, and enjoyed the views!

Dining, Drinking, & Snacking – Oh, That Key Lime Pie…

This is where things get really interesting. The Courtyard offers a bar, restaurants, and a coffee shop. My first thought: "Convenient." My second thought: "Key Lime Pie." Let's start with breakfast. Breakfast [buffet]. Honestly, it was pretty standard. They had Asian breakfast options, Western breakfast. Enough to keep anyone happy/fed.

But the lunch. Oh, the lunch! I dove into the a la carte in restaurant menu. The salad in restaurant was fresh, and the soup in restaurant warmed me up from the ocean breeze. The desserts in restaurant, well, as I mentioned, I'm pretty sure I single-handedly wiped out the supply of key lime pie. It was, genuinely, the best key lime pie I've had in ages. So good, I'm starting to crave it again just writing this. Shamefully, I had it several times. Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver after a long day of sightseeing. Poolside bar: The drinks were strong, and the view was even better. Happy hour was a great way to end the day. Speaking of which I had to take a walk, because I was so full and I looked for snack bar and unfortunately, this was not available.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Spa Day Dreams & Fitness Fear

This place knows how to relax. Swimming pool [outdoor] was beautiful. Sun loungers are everywhere. Pool with view: Seriously, the view from the pool is incredible. Perfect location for proposal spot. Ah, I did not realize this place was so romantic. The Spa was calling my name. Yes, the Sauna was amazing. I almost died during the steamroom.

The Fitness center was there, and I made a valiant effort to use it. Let's just say my enthusiasm waned after the first five minutes. I did admire other people gym/fitness who were much more committed.

Cleanliness & Safety – Seriously Impressed

Okay, in this day and age, safety is paramount. The Courtyard nailed it. Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer stations everywhere. I felt genuinely safe. They had cashless payment service. Excellent! The Rooms sanitized between stays. Also, the Anti-viral cleaning products, and the fact that Rooms sanitized between stays, meant you could fully enjoy yourself and not worry about what you may be experiencing. Also, they had a Doctor/nurse on call, and First aid kit.

Services & Conveniences – Little Things That Make a Big Difference

Daily housekeeping: My room was always spotless. Laundry service: Very welcome after a couple of days. Front desk [24-hour]: Always helpful, even when I needed a map because, let's face it, I get lost. Luggage storage: Convenient. Concierge: They can help with any issues! Pet-Friendly: OK. This is where I need to be clear. They are Pets allowed unavailable - I was hoping but you will have to leave your pal at home. Bicycle parking: Nice touch! Car park [free of charge]: Again, huge. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Awesome!

For the Kids – Babysitting, Kids Meals, & Family Fun

They had Babysitting service. Family/child friendly, I certainly saw plenty of families looking like they were having a blast. They also had, Kids meal

Getting Around:

Airport transfer: Available. Car park [on-site]. Taxi service.

The Verdict – Would I Go Back?

Absolutely. Despite the small hiccups, the Courtyard Marriott Santa Monica was a fantastic experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, I found the room comfortable, and that key lime pie… It was a culinary experience of its own. If you're looking for a solid, accessible, comfortable, and conveniently located hotel in Santa Monica with a real emphasis on guest safety, then this is a great choice. It isn't perfect, no place is, but it’s a solid bet for a memorable California escape!

Escape to San Antonio: Luxury Suites Near Medical Center!

Book Now

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is a Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica (CA) - My Chaotic LA Adventure: A Slightly Unhinged Travelogue. Let's get messy. Let's get real. Let's see if I survive.

Day 1: Arrival and the Illusion of Chill

  • 1:00 PM: Land at LAX. Ugh, the airport. It's like a giant, overpriced mall… with more crying babies. Found my pre-booked (thank GOD) Uber. Driver, bless his heart, looked like a retired surfer. Offered to put on the "chillest vibes" playlist. I politely declined, my inner monologue screaming for a quiet zone.
  • 2:30 PM: Arrive at Courtyard Santa Monica. Check-in smoother than expected. The lobby's…fine. Corporate-y, but clean. Room itself? Okay. Slightly beige. I swear, they all look the same. My initial reaction? "Well, this doesn't exactly scream 'Hollywood Glamour.'" More like 'Corporate Efficiency.'"
  • 3:00 PM (approximately, time is a construct): Unpack. Survey the bathroom for potential disaster zones (mold, questionable stains, etc.). Thankfully, a clean slate. I'm easily pleased at this point, travel is exhausting already. Stuffed a suitcase of a week's worth of clothes, and another bag with electronics, snacks and beauty products.
  • 4:00 PM: First attempt at "relaxation." Thought I'd hit the pool. Nope. Packed. The kids were shrieking with joy, the adults looked stressed, and my personal space was rapidly shrinking. Made a hasty retreat back to the beige sanctuary of my room. Decided to chill with the air conditioning and the Netflix. Watched an episode of Schitt's Creek (bless you, David Rose, you are my spirit animal).
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. The Courtyard's bistro. Low expectations, lowered even further. The grilled chicken salad was… edible. The wine? I've had worse (and better, frankly). Observation: lots of families here. All trying to wrangle their offspring. A silent understanding passed between me and a frazzled-looking mom at the next table. We both knew.
  • 8:30 PM: Stroll along the Santa Monica Pier. Okay, THIS was better. The lights! The sounds! The smell of the ocean (mostly). A guy in a superhero costume asked me for money for a photo. Said no. I had my own superhero costume ready for the next morning's adventure (the all-black yoga pants). The ferris wheel…kinda magical. Overly romantic? Maybe. Shut up.

Day 2: Beach, Bikes, and a Bout of Existential Dread

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. At the bistro yet again. The buffet situation… questionable. Sticking to the fruit. Feeling a vague sense of disappointment in myself for not having found a charming little cafĂ©. But I'm not a morning person.
  • 9:00 AM: Bike rental. Figured I'd be one with nature (kinda). Chose a clunky beach cruiser. Thought I would look effortlessly cool. Nope. Looked like I was actively battling the wind. I fell off the bike TWICE. Once, spectacularly, nearly taking out a small child. Felt bad afterward.
  • 10:00 AM: Beach time. Found a semi-secluded spot. The sun felt glorious. The sand… gritty. Started a book. Got distracted by the parade of tanned bodies and volleyball games. My attempts at cool were ruined when I nearly tripped over a dog burying a bone.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a dodgy-looking taco stand. Best decision ever. The fish tacos? AMAZING. Cheap and delicious tacos. Worth the questionable sanitation.
  • 1:00 PM: Stroll back toward the pier, trying to find a way to not look so sunburnt. Wandered into a cheesy souvenir shop, ended up buying a "Hollywood" t-shirt (sigh).
  • 2:00 PM: Back in the room. A wave of existential dread hit me. What am I doing with my life? Am I living up to my potential? Should I have become a competitive sandcastle builder? Answer: No. Probably not. Nap time.
  • 5:00 PM: Sunset walk. Went to the beach. Was in awe! The colors were beautiful. People were smiling. Felt a sense of almost spiritual… calmness. Then I got sand in my shoes. Ruined. It was a good moment, regardless.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Decided to be adventurous (or just, you know, hungry). Found a little Italian place off the main drag. The pasta was good, the wine was better. Spent an hour people watching.

Day 3: Venice, Vibes, and a Questionable Decision

  • 9:00 AM: Brunch. Found a cute little place with avocado toast. So, so LA.
  • 10:00 AM: Uber to Venice Beach. Oh. My. God. Venice. It's… a lot. Freak show, for real. The street performers! The shops! The smells! It's a sensory overload in the best way possible.
  • 11:00 AM: Muscle Beach. Watched the bodybuilders. Wow. Just… wow. Feeling highly inadequate. Decided my personal workout regimen will involve more ice cream.
  • 12:00 PM: Wandered along the canals. Ah. THIS is the Venice I was expecting. Beautiful houses. Tranquil waterways. Suddenly felt an urge to move here and become a bohemian artist. Then I remembered I can barely draw a stick figure.
  • 1:00 PM: Saw a palm reader. Did what I was told, against my better judgement. She told me… uh… stuff. Mostly vague stuff. Said I needed to embrace change. Pay attention to my creative side (see above). Biggest red flag: She asked me to pay in cash.
  • 2:00 PM: Coffee at a cafe. Journaled. Tried to make sense of my life. Failed.
  • 3:00 PM: Decided to get a temporary tattoo. Regret is setting in. It's a butterfly. I'm 40.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Shower. Soak in the tub. Contemplate life choices (again).
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Decided to order room service. Exhausted. The burger was surprisingly not bad. Watched some more Netflix (currently binge-watching The Good Place…yes, I need therapy).

Day 4: Hollywood and the Pursuit of Fame (or at least, a Decent Latte)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Had a quick coffee and toast at the Courtyard.
  • 10:00 AM: Uber to Hollywood. The Walk of Fame. Okay, it's crowded. And kinda grimy. Found my favorite celebrities' stars (or at least, tried to).
  • 11:00 AM: TCL Chinese Theatre. Didn't get the celebrity handprints, but hey, saw the building.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Tried a cafe. The latte? Mediocre. But the people-watching was good. Saw a guy in a full Ewok costume. LA, man.
  • 1:00 PM: Hollywood sign. Took a picture.
  • 2:00 PM: The studios. Didn't do a tour. Too expensive. Plus, I imagine I'd be bored and start acting out by yelling at the talent scouts. (I am not the world's best behaved tourist).
  • 4:00 PM: Head back to the hotel. Take a break.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner again. Back to the bistro. Found a weirdly delicious burger. It's their only saving grace.

Day 5-7: Still California Dreamin' (and Mostly Exhausted)

  • (These days are a blur of similar activities, with slight variations. I had a lot of fun, but I'm tired. To keep a long story short…)
  • Beach. Shopping. Museums. More beach. Dinner (mostly edible). Lots of walking. Maybe a hike (that was the highlight).
  • Lost my sunglasses. Found my sunglasses.
  • Cried on a bus listening to sad music.
  • Overspent on souvenirs.
  • Finally found a cafĂ© with amazing coffee (thank you, Google Maps!).
  • Almost missed a flight to get back home.
  • Learned the traffic isn't a lie

Departure: See you in LA, Eventually

  • Morning of day 8: Packed. One last look at the beige room. Thought, "Well, I've seen worse. And I've seen better." Uber to LAX. The airport. Ugh. Flight. Home. Exhausted. But also, strangely, happy.

So, yeah. That was my trip to LA. Was it perfect? Absolutely not. Was it exactly what I needed? Maybe. Would I do

Belleville Getaway: Unbeatable Super 8 Deals Near St. Louis!

Book Now

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States```html

Santa Monica Sunset & Marriott Madness: Your Questions Answered (Maybe... Probably Not)

So, is that "Santa Monica Sunset & Luxury: Courtyard Marriott Escape!" thing REALLY worth it? Or just another Instagram scam?

Alright, let's be real. "Luxury" and "Courtyard Marriott" in the same sentence… raises eyebrows, doesn't it? Look, I'm a jaded traveler, okay? I've seen things. I've endured airport food, experienced the joy of a broken hotel room door at 3 AM, and faced the existential dread of a lukewarm continental breakfast. So, did it live up to its promise?

The sunset? Glorious. Absolutely glorious. Seriously, I teared up a little. Picture vibrant oranges, pinks, purples… it was actually breathtaking. I tried REAL hard to take a good photo, and failed miserably, naturally. My phone just doesn't understand beauty.

The "luxury" part? Let's just say the Courtyard is pushing it. Comfortable? Yes. Clean? Mostly. Luxuriously appointed? Nah. It's fine. It's a Courtyard. But hey, the location? Amazing! You're practically on the beach. And after that sunset, everything *felt* luxurious, you know? A little bit of magic rubbed off. I remember spilling coffee on my white shirt and just thinking, "meh, who cares?" That's as luxurious as it gets for me sometimes.

What's the *best* way to experience the Santa Monica sunset? Any secret spots?

Secret spots? Ha! Good luck with that. Everyone and their dog seems to know about the Santa Monica sunsets. But here's the deal: Forget fancy restaurants with ocean views. Been there, done that, they're always overcrowded (and expensive).

My advice? Grab a cheap bottle of wine (or soda, whatever floats your boat) and walk along the pier. Find a spot on the sand, away from the screaming kids and the roller coaster. Just… be. It's crowded, yeah, but there's a weird, communal energy. You're all there, collectively being awestruck by a giant ball of fire sinking into the ocean. It’s beautiful. And just don't get run over by a rogue skateboarder. (Seriously, watch out for those).

And for the love of all that is holy, *don't* try to take a perfect photo. It's impossible. Just enjoy the moment. Breathe. Let the sky do its thing. And maybe, just maybe, bring a friend/lover to share that moment, I did, and it felt wonderful.

How's the food situation around the Courtyard Marriott? Are there any decent restaurants?

Oh, the food. A crucial question. So, the Courtyard's restaurant? Meh. It's… fine. Breakfast does the job, but nothing to write home about. Think eggs, lukewarm pastries, and the vague feeling of disappointment you get after a long flight.

But! Santa Monica has some GREAT food options. You're spoiled for choice, really. There's everything from casual taco joints to fancy-pants Michelin-starred establishments. I wandered off the path looking for something to eat. I'm a bad planner, okay? I ended up at a little place tucked away on a side street. I think it was called "The Angry Lobster" (or something equally ridiculous). It was amazing. Like, seriously good seafood, fresh and juicy, and not obscenely expensive. I ate my weight in lobster rolls.

Pro Tip: Do NOT underestimate the power of Google Maps/Yelp reviews. They can be a lifesaver when you're hangry. And for crying out loud, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, eat at the tourist traps on the pier. You'll regret it. (My credit card still has nightmares).

Okay, let's talk hotel rooms. What are the rooms at the Courtyard Marriott really like?

Listen, I'm not gonna lie. It’s a Courtyard. *I've said this before*. It's a perfectly functional hotel room. Clean, comfortable bed, a decent-sized TV, and the all-important coffee maker (essential for my sanity). The bathrooms are… well, they're bathrooms. They work.

Mine was on a higher floor, and that gave me a decent view of the ocean. Which was nice, especially for watching the sunset. Actually, I think it was kinda the best part other than the sunset. I swear the the view was only like ten feet off the ground. I could here everything going on outside.

Now, the experience: Here's the REAL tea. I remember I had to call the front desk because my hairdryer wasn't working. This is usually when I start to get grumpy. But the guy on the phone was really nice, actually seemed to care, and sent someone right up. I had a new one in about five minutes. See? Perfection can exist! That little thing really made a difference.

Is it easy to get around Santa Monica without a car?

YES! Thank the travel gods. Seriously, ditch the car. Parking is a nightmare, and traffic is… well, it's LA traffic. It’s a character, not a place. Santa Monica is very walkable, especially from that Marriott. The beach, the pier, Third Street Promenade… all easily accessible on foot (or bike, if you're feeling energetic).

There's also the Expo Line (the train) that goes into downtown LA. I took it to see the Getty, which was an absolute MUST. (Pro Tip: Get there early to avoid the crowds). The bus system is okay, too, but I prefer the walk.

I remember one day: I actually *walked* all the way to Venice Beach. It was a long walk. By the time I arrived, my feet were killing me. But I was so glad to be there. I soaked in all the weirdness of Venice Beach. The street performers, the skate park, the people… it's a sensory overload, but in the best possible way. I got a terrible tattoo and ate some really questionable food. But I loved it. I'd do it all again, but with better shoes and a less impulsive spirit.

What's the weather like in Santa Monica generally? And when should you go to maximize the sunset experience?

Okay, weather. Santa Monica is pretty darn nice year-round, honestly. Sunshine, mild temperatures, the usual. But here's the thing: the marine layer (aka the fog) can roll in any time. It can be glorious, shrouding everything in a mystical haze, or it can just be a bummer, blocking your precious sunset view.

My trip? I lucked out. Clear skies almost every day. Perfect sunset conditions. But I've been before, and I've been completely fogged out. It's a gamble. 5 Star Stay Find

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Courtyard by Marriott Santa Monica Los Angeles (CA) United States

Post a Comment for "Santa Monica Sunsets & Luxury: Courtyard Marriott Escape!"