
Escape to Paradise: Fullon Hotel Hualien Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Fullon Hotel Hualien - My Rollercoaster Ride of Relaxation (and Mild Panic!)
Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I just got back from the Fullon Hotel Hualien, and let me tell you, it was a journey. Forget a simple vacation review; this is more like a therapy session fueled by amazing breakfasts and a slightly obsessive need for hand sanitizer.
First off, let's just admit it: the name, "Escape to Paradise," is ambitious. But I’m happy to say, the hotel makes a damn good run at it.
Accessibility: Making it Work (Mostly)
Right off the bat, they've got some serious accessibility cred. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, and that's great to hear, though I wasn’t directly testing it. The elevator, for instance, was my best friend for navigating all floors, and I’m glad it was always running smoothly. Now, I saw ramps and such as it, and I'm sure they've put a lot of thought into it.
The Internet: Praying to the Wi-Fi Gods
Internet. This is a biggie for me because, well, I work. And I like to stream cat videos. Fullon says "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!", which, praise the internet gods! They also offer LAN connections (remember those?), so if you're old school, you're golden. The Wi-Fi in the public areas? Pretty solid. The Wi-Fi in my room? Let's just say it had moments of glorious speed and times where I was staring blankly at the loading icon, muttering, "Come on, cat videos, COME ON!"
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams and… Is that a Steam Room?
Okay, this is where Fullon really shines. They've got a pool with a view. And trust me, the view is worth the price of admission. Seriously. I could have spent all day just floating there, contemplating the meaning of life (or at least what I was going to have for dinner).
And the spa? Oh, the spa. I'm not usually a spa person. I’m more of a "sit at the bar and eat fried things" kind of guy. However, I gave in and booked a massage, and, let me tell you, it was pure bliss. I felt so relaxed, like I could sleep for a week. The sauna, the steamroom, the foot bath… all of it was amazing. The body wrap and body scrub also made me feel very smooth! The fitness center… I walked past it. Multiple times. Let’s just say the massage was very effective.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitizing Olympics
This is the part that really impressed me. Post-pandemic, you're always a little wary, right? Forget about it. There was SO MUCH hand sanitizer around – I swear I saw bottles in the elevator, in the lobby, and by the pool. They really went all-in on the cleanliness. They used anti-viral cleaning products, and staff were trained in safety protocols. The room sanitization opt-out? A nice touch, but I figured, why tempt fate? Between stays, your room gets totally cleared out and properly cleaned. Hand sanitizer? Everywhere. Individually wrapped food options? Check! Safe dining setup? Absolutely. They really took this seriously, and it showed. I felt secure and safe, which, honestly, is half the battle of a good vacation.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Belly's Best Friend
Okay, the food. This is where I got seriously excited. Asian and Western cuisine, both. They have a full-on buffet, and yes, I went back for seconds (and thirds). I’m a sucker for breakfast, so you know I went hard on the buffet, going crazy on the Asian breakfast options. The coffee shop was a lifesaver. I can say with certainty that the coffee was delicious. There were restaurants a la carte and even a poolside bar! I highly recommend it. They also offer drinks during Happy Hour.
The Room: My Cozy Little Fortress
My room? Pretty darn good. It had everything you'd expect: air conditioning (bless!), a comfy bed (hello, extra-long!), a mini-bar (temptation!), a coffee/tea maker (morning savior), and a private bathroom. The view was great and I spent a lot of time just looking out the window, thinking and reflecting. I also liked the closet, the desk was well laid out. The bathrobes and slippers are appreciated. Soundproof rooms were a blessing. And the free Wi-Fi, of course, was a necessity!
Services and Conveniences: Never a Dull Moment
The hotel offered a ton of services. Seriously, the concierge was top-notch. Luggage storage, laundry service, daily housekeeping - all amazing. Facilities for disabled guests? They have them. They even had a convenience store, a gift/souvenir shop, and a business center. Everything you could need was easily at hand. For the Kids: Family Fun (I Swear I Saw a Babysitter)
They are family-friendly for sure. I saw kids running around having the time of their lives, proof of it.
Getting Around: Taxi!
Airport transfer? Check. Car park (free of charge)? Check! Car park (on-site)? Check! Taxi service? Absolutely. They've got you covered, no matter how you want to get around.
My Verdict: A Few Quibbles, But Definitely Worth It
The Fullon Hotel Hualien is a fantastic option. It's not perfect, sure. The occasional Wi-Fi hiccup. Possibly over-sanitized public areas. But seriously, it was wonderful. I felt pampered, safe, and well-fed. I would definitely go back. It was a genuine escape, and I truly needed it. The only thing missing? Maybe a psychic to tell me the winning lottery numbers so I can make this my permanent residence!
Unbelievable Pittsburgh Luxury: Wyndham Grand Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, messy, and utterly unpredictable chaos that is my trip to Fullon Hotel Hualien. This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram feed. This is real life, people. And it's gonna be… well, let’s see.
Fullon Hotel Hualien: My Brain Dump of a Trip (Because Let's Be Real, I'm Not Exactly a Tour Guide)
Day 1: Arrival – Or, the Day I Almost Became One with the Taxi
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up. Groan. Realize I haven't packed. Panic ensues. This is the usual start to any trip, honestly. Why do I always leave packing until the last minute? It's like I thrive on the adrenaline of near-disaster.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Dash around my apartment like a caffeinated squirrel, throwing clothes into a bag. Forget the charger. Forget my toothbrush. Perfect.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Taxi to the airport. The driver, bless his heart, smelled strongly of… something. Incense? Aftershave? Mystery scent… I’m fighting the urge to open the window, but I'm also trying to be polite. This taxi ride is already an adventure.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Arrive at Hualien Airport (after a slightly terrifying flight. I HATE turbulence!). Taxi to the hotel. Finally, sweet, sweet air-conditioned relief.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Check into Fullon Hotel. The lobby is… well, it's a lobby. Clean, functional. The woman at the desk, however, is SO unbelievably friendly, my cynical brain is immediately suspicious. Is this a trick? Is she going to sell me timeshares or something? Decide to enjoy the kindness.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): The room! Okay, this is where things get interesting. Decent view of the… oh, wait, is that the ocean? YES! I'm by the ocean! My inner child does a small, gleeful jig. The bed is… a bed. Comfy enough for a collapsing traveler.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM): Explore. Start with the pool. Decide I look like a beached whale in my swimsuit. Reconsider bathing. Decide the ocean is more my style, later.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Try to decipher the menu (my Mandarin is, shall we say, rustic). Point at random pictures, beg the waiter for recommendations. End up with a plate of something that turns out to be surprisingly delicious. (I think it was pork, but who knows?)
- Evening (8:00 PM): Jet lag hits. Consider naps. Resist. The city is calling!
- Evening (9:00 PM): Walk along the coastline. The salty air! The crashing waves! The sheer beauty of it all! My cynical side melts away a little. Wow, Taiwan, you're alright.
Day 2: Taroko Gorge – Or, the Day I Became a Hiking Hero (Maybe)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up. Actually, wake up earlier than planned, thanks to the persistent chirping of birds outside my window. Birdsong is either charming or infuriating, depending on your mood. Today, I'm going with 'charming'.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast at the hotel. The buffet! Oh dear God, the buffet. So many options! I feel like I have to try everything. Regret this swiftly.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Tour to Taroko Gorge! And here's where things go a little… off-script. The bus to the gorge winds through the mountains. OMG the hairpin turns, the drop-offs!! I cling to my seat, my knuckles turning white. This is not for the faint of heart, or anyone with a fear of heights and terrible driving.
- Morning/Afternoon (10:00 AM): Hiking in Taroko Gorge. This is gorgeous. Absolutely breathtaking. The scale of this gorge is just… unreal. And the air! So fresh! The photos don't do it justice. We have to hike! So, we start. And the trail goes up, and up, and up. I am huffing and puffing and beginning to despise the seemingly endless steps. But then, views, and the sheer audacity of the place, makes you want to keep going, even though you're sweaty and the back of your legs are screaming.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Back to the hotel. Shower of intense relief.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Lunch at the hotel. The hotel food is really growing on me.
- Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM): Relax. Do some work… mostly. Start to dream about what tomorrow will bring.
Day 3: The Ocean, and Regrets (Kind Of)
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up, decide the bird song is too loud today, pull the curtains closed.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM): Oh lord. Slept in till noon. This is vacation in full swing!
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Lunch at the hotel, and then a long walk along the coast. The ocean is the best!
- Evening (7:00 PM): Head to the local fish market. Eat the most amazing fish ever!
- Evening (9:00 PM): Back to the hotel, and feeling pretty okay about the day. Considering ordering room service, but going to bed instead. This pace is all I need.
Day 4: Departure - Or, the Day The Real World Resumes
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up. Actually… I can skip packing today! Win!
- Morning (8:00 AM): Final breakfast. Try to savor it, knowing it'll be a long time until I have this much food on my plate again.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Check out. Goodbye, Fullon! Thank you for the ocean views and the (mostly) delicious food and the friendly people. You were good to me.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Taxi ride to the airport. Hope the driver smells of something pleasant this time…
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Flight home. Back to reality. Back to work. Back to the grind. But… remembering the ocean, and Taroko Gorge. They felt good.
In conclusion:
This trip? It was… messy. It was exhausting. It was imperfect. But it was real. And you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything. Hualien, you sneaky little place, you managed to worm your way into my heart. I'll be back. Probably. Eventually. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go unpack and contemplate my next adventure. Maybe with better packing skills. Maybe…
Lake Charles Getaway: SpringHill Suites Luxury Awaits!


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Fullon Hotel Hualien Awaits!"