Unbelievable Armstrong Hotel Deals in Fort Collins, CO!

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

Unbelievable Armstrong Hotel Deals in Fort Collins, CO!

Unbelievable? Armstrong Hotel Deals: Fort Collins, CO - My Messy Truth Bomb!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill some serious tea on The Armstrong Hotel in Fort Collins. Forget those perfectly polished TripAdvisor reviews – I'm giving you the real deal, warts and all. And trust me, there are some warts. But also, some seriously glorious moments. Let's dive in, shall we?

SEO & Metadata (because, you know, algorithms):

  • Title: Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins Review: Deals, Accessibility, Spa Woes & Unexpected Joy (and Wifi!)
  • Keywords: Armstrong Hotel, Fort Collins, Colorado, Hotel Review, Deals, Accessibility, Spa, Sauna, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Bar, WiFi, Pet-Friendly (apparently NOT!), Parking, Cleanliness, Safety, History, Downtown Fort Collins, Colorado Stay, Luxury Hotel (maybe?)
  • Meta Description: A brutally honest and humorous review of The Armstrong Hotel in Fort Collins. From accessibility to spa disappointments and unexpected delights, I'm sharing my unfiltered experience. Deals, WiFi, parking, and more!

First Impressions (and a Small Rant About the Entrance)

Okay, so the first thing you notice is… well, it's a pretty building. Classic, historic, all that jazz. The exterior is a serious win. But that entrance? A bit cramped, a bit… "meh." Could they maybe jazz it up with some flowers? Just a thought! Anyway, once inside, it does feel like you've stepped back in time. A nice, old-school vibe.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag & My Buddy's Dilemma

Now, this is where things get tricky. Accessibility is listed as a feature, and that's good! Wheelchair accessible is a plus, and the elevator is a lifesaver. They've made an effort, and it's appreciated. But… and it's a BIG but… my buddy, Mark, rolls around in a power chair, and he found some areas a bit tight. The facilities for disabled guests are listed, and that’s great, but I'd recommend calling ahead to clarify exactly what's available in a specific room and checking the door sizes. We did find the CCTV in common areas, which made us feel safe. So that's good.

And the car park [free of charge] is FANTASTIC for us.

Internet & Techy Stuff: Wi-Fi Woes and Wi-Fi Wins

Alright, let's talk Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Finally, a hotel that gets it! I need to work, and the free Wi-Fi is just about the ONLY thing I really care about. And it mostly worked. There were some minor hiccups (typical hotel Wi-Fi, right?!), but overall, a thumbs up. I'd like to thank the Internet, the Internet [LAN], and the Internet services for not letting me down more than they did. And the Wi-Fi in public areas was also pretty good.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Protected (Mostly)

This is important. Cleanliness and safety are key, especially these days. They definitely take this seriously. The Anti-viral cleaning products are a good sign. The Daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays, are reassuring during the pandemic. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, which is always a plus, and all staff were wearing masks. They also had Staff trained in safety protocol. I felt pretty safe. The fire extinguisher, smoke detector and smoke alarms made me feel safe as well.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Restaurant of Dreams (And The Reality)

Okay, the food! This is where things get… interesting. The Restaurants are listed as a perk, which is true, but let's dissect. They have a few options, including the Coffee shop, which is super handy for a quick caffeine fix. Breakfast [buffet] is also there, an Asian restaurant is also listed, also a Vegetarian restaurant, and they even have a Poolside bar. But I've had mixed experiences here. I had a Breakfast [buffet]. It was okay, nothing to write home about, yet at the same time, nothing to actively complain about. The A la carte in restaurant is an option too. I'd recommend taking a look at the menu and choosing wisely.

The Happy hour is decent, the Poolside bar is a vibe.

Things to Do/Ways to Relax: Spa Disappointment & A Gym Surprise!

Now, the part that really gets me… the spa. I was so excited for a Body wrap, Body scrub, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. You know, the whole shebang! And the Pool with view! I was dreaming of being pampered. Ugh. It wasn't quite the luxurious, zen experience I was craving. It felt… a bit dated, a bit cramped. The Fitness center on the other hand, was better than expected! You see, I was expecting a tiny closet with a treadmill, but it was actually pretty well-equipped. Score!

Services and Conveniences: Missing Pet-Friendly Feature

Okay, let's run through the practical stuff: Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Window that opens. all of that is great.

BUT! Pets allowed is listed, but pets allowed unavailable. What? What?! This is important, people! If you're traveling with a fur baby, double-check before you book!

Rooms: The Cozy Sanctuary (Mostly)

The rooms themselves are pretty nice. The Non-smoking rooms are a must. The soundproofing works well. The bed was comfy. The bathtub and separate shower were welcome. I liked the seating area. And the Wi-Fi [free] in the room was a lifesaver.

For the Kids: Babysitting Service

They listed that there may be a Babysitting service. I didn't use it, but good to know!

Getting Around: Airport Transfer and More

They offer Airport transfer and Car park [free of charge]. Car power charging station is also a feature, as is Car park [on-site]. Taxi service is listed, too. Helpful!

My Verdict: Worth It? (With Reservations)

So, would I recommend The Armstrong Hotel? Hmm… it's complicated. For the price, the location (right in the heart of downtown!), and the potential for a great time (especially if you get a good deal), yes, probably. But go in with open eyes. Manage your expectations about the spa, double-check the accessibility if you need it, and definitely confirm the pet policy. It's a hotel with character, history, and a bit of charm, that's for sure.

Would I stay again? Possibly. It really depends on the deal. And if I'm feeling brave enough to try out that spa again!

Frankenmuth Getaway: SpringHill Suites' Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dissect The Armstrong Hotel in Fort Collins, Colorado. And let me tell you, this ain't your average hotel review. This is… well, this is me, unfiltered, wandering the historic halls, probably fueled by too much caffeine and a healthy dose of existential dread (kidding… mostly).

The Armstrong Hotel: My Fort Collins Fling (A Messy Itinerary)

Day 1: Arrival! (And Immediately Questioning All Life Choices)

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival & Initial Panic (the Good Kind): Okay, I booked this months ago, and for a split second, I thought, "What if I've made a terrible mistake?" (Classic travel anxiety, right?). But then I saw the building. The Armstrong Hotel. Holy moly. It's not just a hotel; it feels like a portal to the Roaring Twenties. The Art Deco facade – swoon! The lobby… well, the lobby is a masterclass in "trying-to-be-sophisticated-but-secretly-loving-cats." (There's a cat on the sign, I swear!). Immediately, I’m overwhelmed. I love it! I think.

  • 1:30 PM - Room Revelation & Furniture Obsession: My room! Ooof, a suite, apparently, though the website might've exaggerated the "spacious" bit. Still, it’s cute. The vintage furniture! I'm pretty sure the armchair has seen more history than I have. I briefly consider spending the entire afternoon just… petting the armchair. But then, let's be real, my luggage is a disaster. I begin a very, very slow process of unpacking. You know, the kind where you stop every two minutes to stare out the window and judge passersby.

  • 2:30 PM - Mandatory Cocktail at Ace Gillett's Lounge: Okay, after the unpacking that, I feel myself to be needing a drink. So, Ace Gillett's, the basement bar here. It’s… dark. Seriously dark. I squint, trying to decipher the cocktail menu, which is a work of art in itself. (My brain decides to take a break and not even try to understand). I order a… well, a strong one. Maybe two. The bartender, a grizzled veteran straight from a movie, gives me the look. "You alright, kid?" "Probably not," I mumble, before downing half my drink.

  • Feels : Wow, the mixology is amazing.

  • 3:30 PM - Walkabout: Walk around the city. I don't know where I'm headed so I am just walking. I take a few random streets. It's nice and I quickly see that I'm liking this place way more than I thought.

  • 6:30 PM - Dinner at the Emporium Kitchen and Wine A really good restaurant. The vibe is perfect to start my trip. And I have the best steak ever.

  • 8:30 PM - Back to Ace Gillett's Lounge: I like this place and the people here. I'm going to have another drink.

Day 2: Culture, Coffee, and Existential Dread (Returns!)

  • 9:00 AM - The Coffee Debacle: Okay, so the hotel boasts a "gourmet" coffee bar. Sounds promising, right? WRONG. They run out of my favorite milk! And honestly, the barista looks like he still blames me for the milk mishap. I settle for black. I take my "coffee" to the room and I look at the window. Still judging passersby.

  • 10:00 AM - A Stroll Through Old Town Square: A must-do. The architecture is gorgeous, all brick and charm. It feels… staged, in a good way. There's a guy playing a banjo. I get a photo. I feel suddenly and intensely grateful for… everything? The banjo player, the sunshine, the fact that I remembered to pack socks. I quickly spiral back to my usual level of self-awareness, but not before I feel the warmth.

  • 12:00 PM - The History of Beer and a Brewery Experience: Okay, so Fort Collins is a beer town. I’d heard whispers, rumors. We go to the New Belgium Brewing. Is a lot of people in there. The building is impressive. The staff is cool. We are in the middle of a lot of people. We can't see everything here. We drink beer. I drink a lot. I don't realize that they have to make their product. It’s an easy beer. Easy for me to drink and to enjoy.

  • 13:00 PM - Another Visit at Ace Gillett's Lounge: I like this place and the people here. I'm going to have another drink.

  • 16:00 PM - Art Museum: I visit the museum with a friend from the hotel. It's pretty good.

  • 17:00 PM - Another Walkabout: Walk around the city. I don't know where I'm headed so I am just walking. I take a few random streets. It's nice and I quickly see that I'm liking this place way more than I thought.

  • 19:00 PM - Fine Dining: Dinner at a good restaurant and the food is amazing.

  • 21:30 PM - Back to the hotel.

Day 3: Departure & The Afterglow of Charm

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast Disaster: Back at the "gourmet" coffee bar. This morning, I meet the person who is in charge of the coffee bar. I explain to him the "milk disaster". He doesn't seem to care and I feel he is judging me.
  • 9:00 AM - Goodbye Hugs and the Dread of Leaving: I decide to walk one last time around the city. I bought a lot of souvenirs. I hug myself to say goodbye.
  • 10:00 AM - Departure: I leave. The Armstrong Hotel. It’s weird. I feel nostalgic about a place I've only been for a few days.
  • 11:00 AM - At the airport. I'm very tired. I'm thinking of coming back to the hotel. Is the place nice.

Overall Impression:

The Armstrong: A solid yes. It’s got character, it’s got history, and it’s got Ace Gillett’s. It's probably not perfect. The coffee situation is a bit suspect. But it is charming. I’d stay again. I probably will stay again. After, of course, I've recovered from the emotional rollercoaster that is… me. And the milk-less coffee. I am ready to come back!

Denver Aurora Hotel Near Medical Center: Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States```html

Unbelievable Armstrong Hotel Deals: Your Fort Collins Adventure Awaits... Maybe!

Alright, alright, alright… Let's talk Armstrong Hotel. Fort Collins. Deals. Sounds good, right? Hopefully, because I'm about to spill the tea, the coffee, and probably a bit of wine about trying to snag a sweet discount at that gorgeous old dame of a hotel. Expect some rambles. Expect some opinions. And expect… well, expect me, because I am a MESS.

1. Are these "Unbelievable Deals" ACTUALLY unbelievable? Or just… believable-ish?

Okay, so the marketing might be a *tiny* bit hyperbolic. "Unbelievable"? I’d say "Pretty Darn Good, Considering" is more accurate. Look, the Armstrong is pricey. It’s a beautiful, historic hotel smack-dab in the middle of everything, so you gotta pay the piper. BUT, I've seen some deals. Like, actually decent ones. I'm talking maybe 20% off for booking in advance? Or a package deal that includes breakfast at Ace Gillett's (which is FABULOUS, btw – get the pancakes!). Don't go expecting a free room, folks. That's just… delusional. I once tried to *negotiate* a free room. Yeah… didn't go so well. I think the receptionist actually pitied me, which is… not the look I was going for.

2. What's the BEST way to FIND these elusive Armstrong Hotel deals? I'm willing to scour the internet like a starving digital scavenger!

Oh honey, I FEEL YOU. The internet is a battlefield, and finding a good hotel deal is like finding a decent parking spot downtown on a Saturday night… RARE. Here’s the drill:

  • The Hotel’s Website: Obvious, I know. But seriously, check! Sometimes they have secret deals hiding in plain sight. I've signed up for their email list and received special offers… and also a lot of emails. Worth it, though.
  • Third-Party Booking Sites: You know the usual suspects – Expedia, Booking.com, etc. Compare, compare, compare! But also, be cautious! Sometimes the "deals" are just thinly veiled attempts to get you to spend more money. My brain gets fried from too much scrolling. Ugh.
  • Travel Agents (GASP!): I know, I know, feels old-school. But a good travel agent can sometimes work magic, especially if they have relationships with the hotel. Worth a shot, if you can stand talking to a human. (I'm more of a 'Google everything' kind of gal, tbh).
  • Off-Season is Your Friend: Listen, you're not going to get a screaming deal during CSU graduation weekend. Book in the off-season (like, say, a Tuesday in January) and you’ll likely find better rates. But… January in Fort Collins? Brrr! Maybe bring a sweater… and a flask of something warm. Just saying…

Pro-Tip: Check the hotel's social media! They sometimes post flash sales or last-minute deals. I once saw a deal on Insta for a discounted suite. It was GORGEOUS. Of course, by the time I saw it, it was gone. Thanks, algorithms! Thanks, bots!

3. Are there any *specific* times of year I should AVOID booking? (Aside from the obvious: CSU games!)

Oh, yes, my friend. Besides graduation and football games (obvious, I know, but *so important*), here are a few times to RUN from the Armstrong if you're looking for a deal:

  • Any major festivals: Colorado Brewers' Festival, anyone? That whole weekend (and the surrounding week) gets crazy expensive.
  • During Holidays: Christmas, New Years – the usual suspects. Everyone wants a luxurious stay, so prices skyrocket.
  • Spring Break (for any universities in the vicinity): Basically, the entire town will be flooded with people.

Look, if you *must* go during these times, accept that you'll be paying a premium. Or, you know, consider camping. (I say this, but I would never actually camp. I require a heated pool, at minimum).

4. What about packages? Are they actually a good deal, or just… fancy fluff?

Packs…oh, the packages! It depends. Seriously. Some packages are amazing. Others… not so much. A package that includes breakfast at Ace Gillett's? YES, PLEASE! That place is divine. A package with a "romantic" dinner at the hotel restaurant (which is… okay, but not life-altering)? Hmm, maybe not. Do the MATH! Price out each component of the package separately (room, breakfast, whatever activities are included). Is the package significantly cheaper than buying everything a la carte? If so, it might be a good deal. If not… well, you're just paying for extra stuff you may not even want. I once bought a package that included a couples massage. I'm single. I got a massage. It was awkward.

5. Should I REALLY book directly through the hotel, or is there a better trick?

I'm a bit of a hotel booking rebel, so here's my take: Booking directly can have its perks, like direct communication and sometimes better offers. But I ALWAYS check other sites, because it never hurts. You might get some flexibility with cancellations, or you might not. Read *all* the fine print. Also, I've found that sometimes, if the hotel's website is offering a standard rate, you can CALL them directly and say, "Hey, I saw X price on Y website, can you match it?" Works sometimes! But don't be a jerk about it. (I might have accidentally become a jerk once, after a very long day of price-checking… whoops).

6. Okay, so let's get real: What's the *worst* hotel deal experience you've ever had trying to score a deal at the Armstrong? Spill the beans!

Ugh, okay, fine. Let's talk about the "Great Armstrong Hotel Deal Debacle of 2022," which still haunts my very dreams. I found a "fantastic" deal on a discount travel website, promising a suite with a balcony for, like, a song! I thought, "Score! I'll sip wine on that balcony while overlooking downtown and pretend I'm Audrey Hepburn!" (I'm not, obviously.)

So I booked it. Paid in advance. Everything was great… until I arrived. Turns out, the "suite" was… well, it *technically* had a balcony. It was about the size ofHotel Near Me Search

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

The Armstrong Hotel Fort Collins (CO) United States

Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Armstrong Hotel Deals in Fort Collins, CO!"