Riverside's BEST Courtyard? UCR/Moreno Valley Oasis Awaits!

Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

Riverside's BEST Courtyard? UCR/Moreno Valley Oasis Awaits!

Riverside's "BEST" Courtyard? UCR/Moreno Valley Oasis Awaits! - A Deep Dive (and a Few Gripes!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just emerged from the depths of the Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley, and I'm here to lay down the truth. This isn't your sanitized, press-release review. This is raw, unfiltered, and maybe a little bit too honest. I'm talking about those awkward elevator rides, the questionable coffee, and the lingering scent of… well, you'll see.

First Impressions: The Good, the Bad, and the Smelly

Let’s be real, first impressions matter. And the exterior? Actually, not bad! Pretty standard Courtyard fare, but clean and… vaguely promising. Accessibility seemed decent—the signage was clear, and there were ramps. Kudos. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside the property definitely gave a sense of security. That's important, especially when you're tired and probably slightly disoriented from… life.

But getting inside? Oof. The air conditioning in the lobby… let me just say, it was aggressive. Like, arctic tundra aggressive. I'm talking layers, people! Layers! And then there’s… the smell. Maybe it was cleaning products. Maybe it was… something else. Whatever it was, it hit you like a brick. (I’m being dramatic, but you get the idea).

Rooms: Shelter from the Storm… or the Smell?

Once I got to my room… ah, the sweet, sweet embrace of air conditioning (much less violent than the lobby's). Look, the non-smoking rooms are a must. My room was clean, and – thank heavens – relatively smell-free. The bed was comfortable (definitely extra long, which is a win for us tall folks!). They had the standard complimentary tea and coffee/tea maker, which I shamelessly took advantage of. The bathroom was decent, equipped with hair dryers and slippers.

Availability in all rooms:

  • Additional toilet: Didn't see one, but I didn't really need to. More than one toilet is never a bad thing.
  • Alarm clock:
  • Bathrobes: ❌ (I miss bathrobes.)
  • Bathroom phone: ❌ (Who uses these anymore?)
  • Bathtub: ✅ (Very nice!)
  • Blackout curtains: ✅ (Essential for anyone who values sleep.)
  • Carpeting: ✅ (Standard, though I'm not a huge fan of carpets in general.)
  • Closet:
  • Complimentary tea:
  • Desk: ✅ (Good for the remote work, if you're into that.)
  • Extra long bed: ✅ (Bless.)
  • Free bottled water: ✅ (ALWAYS a plus!)
  • Hair dryer:
  • High floor: ❌ (I wasn't that high up. Perfectly acceptable.)
  • In-room safe box: ✅ (I used it. I'm paranoid.)
  • Interconnecting room(s) available: 🤷‍♀️ (Didn't check.)
  • Internet access – LAN: ✅ (Who uses LAN anymore?! Seriously though, it was an option.)
  • Internet access – wireless:Wi-Fi [free] - YES! (Free Wi-Fi is the lifeblood of modern existence, especially in a hotel.)
  • Ironing facilities: ✅ (Necessary, particularly after the car ride.)
  • Laptop workspace:
  • Linens:
  • Mini bar: ❌ (I prefer BYOB.)
  • Mirror:
  • Non-smoking: ✅ (Thank you, Marriott, for understanding my lungs' needs!)
  • On-demand movies: ✅ (But I mostly watched Netflix.)
  • Private bathroom:
  • Reading light:
  • Refrigerator: ✅ (Always a lifesaver!)
  • Safety/security feature:
  • Satellite/cable channels: ✅ (For when you're feeling truly lazy.)
  • Scale: ✅ (Oh dear…)
  • Seating area:
  • Separate shower/bathtub: ✅ (Luxury!)
  • Shower:
  • Slippers: ✅ (Yay, cleanliness!)
  • Smoke detector:
  • Socket near the bed: ✅ (Thank God, my phone is my life.)
  • Sofa:
  • Soundproofing: ✅ (Mostly. I still heard the occasional slammed door.)
  • Telephone:
  • Toiletries:
  • Towels:
  • Umbrella: ☔️ (Because Riverside!)
  • Visual alarm: 🤷‍♀️ (Thankfully, I didn't need it.)
  • Wake-up service: ✅ (Thank God for technology.)
  • Window that opens: ✅ (Fresh air! A real treat.)

Rambling About the Things to Do (Or Don't Do)

Okay, here’s where things get… dicey. The fitness center? I peeked. Looked small, but functional. I didn't spend too much time there. The pool with a view? I didn’t see any impressive views. Mostly just the parking lot. Let me be honest: The things to do options are… limited within the hotel itself. They had a spa and a gym/fitness, but I didn't explore them. Maybe I am missing out!

  • Body scrub: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed out)
  • Body wrap: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed out)
  • Fitness center: ✅ (I'm guessing it has the standard equipment, but I didn't spend much time there.)
  • Foot bath: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed out)
  • Gym/fitness: ✅ (See above.)
  • Massage: 🤷‍♀️( Missed out)
  • Pool with view: ✅ (See above.)
  • Sauna: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed out)
  • Spa: ✅ (See above.)
  • Spa/sauna: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed out)
  • Steamroom: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed out)
  • Swimming pool: ✅ (Looked clean.)
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: ✅ (See above.)

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Culinary Gauntlet

The restaurants and snack bar options were… okay. There was a coffee shop (the coffee was… well, it got the job done), and a bar. I tried the breakfast [buffet]. The Asian breakfast option, that was… a bold move. I was curious about the Western breakfast options. I didn't try the a la carte in restaurant… or the buffet in restaurant, for that matter.

I had a salad in restaurant. They had a happy hour, but I was already exhausted and gave up. They offered room service [24-hour], which is always a lifesaver for late-night cravings.

  • A la carte in restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the opportunity)
  • Alternative meal arrangement: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chance)
  • Asian breakfast: ✅ (I was curious, but it wasn't my cup of tea)
  • Asian cuisine in restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chance)
  • Bar:
  • Bottle of water: ✅ (Hydration is key!)
  • Breakfast [buffet]: ✅ (Standard, but I survived.)
  • Breakfast service: ✅ (I ate it.)
  • Buffet in restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chances)
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: ✅ (A requirement.)
  • Coffee shop:
  • Desserts in restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chances)
  • Happy hour: ✅ (But I didn't participate.)
  • International cuisine in restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chances)
  • Poolside bar: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chance)
  • Restaurants:
  • Room service [24-hour]: ✅ (Bless.)
  • Salad in restaurant:
  • Snack bar:
  • Soup in restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chances)
  • Vegetarian restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chances)
  • Western breakfast: ✅ (See above.)
  • Western cuisine in restaurant: 🤷‍♀️ (Missed the chance)

Cleanliness and Safety: A (Mostly) Reassuring Experience

This is where the Courtyard did well. They were clearly going for the "safety first!" vibe: **Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hygiene certification

Escape to Luxury: Renaissance Charlotte SouthPark Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups! My Riverside (CA) adventure is about to unfold, and frankly, it’s already a bit of a train wreck. The kind I secretly love. Here’s the (loosely) planned chaos:

Day 1: Arrival & Instant Regret (Just Kidding…Mostly)

  • 1:00 PM: Touchdown! LAX. Ugh, the airport. It’s always a gamble whether I'll arrive unscathed or looking like I wrestled a badger. This time, I think I'm winning. The luggage carousel, bless its spinning heart, actually spat out my bag. Victory! Now, to navigate the rental car… which, fingers crossed, isn’t some ancient rust bucket. (Narrator voice: It was).

  • 2:30 PM: Car secured (after some existential car-rental-guy small talk that felt like a hostage negotiation). The little compact I got…well, it is a car. It does have wheels. Onto the 91 East! The drive to my hotel in Moreno Valley (Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area – fancy name, questionable promises).

  • 3:30 PM: Check-in. The lobby smells vaguely of chlorine and…promise? Okay, maybe the promise is just the free coffee. But hey, I’ll take it. Room is… functional. More importantly, it has a bed. And air conditioning. Crucial elements. Seriously though, the view from my window is epic.. the parkinglot.

  • 4:00 PM: Unpack. Or, let's be honest, I threw my suitcase on the bed, tripped over my own feet, and sighed dramatically. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single suitcase-dump, right?

  • 5:00 PM: Okay, Food is an important thing, time to find something to eat. I am ravenous! The hotel has a bistro, sure, but I'm craving something REAL. Time to venture into the Moreno Valley wilds. The idea? Local Mexican food. Fingers crossed it doesn't involve a drive-thru.

  • 6:00 PM: Found! A tiny, brightly colored, no-frills taco joint called "El Sombrero Grande." YES! This is what I'm talking about. Ordered the carnitas tacos (because, duh) I took three bites, then looked at the taco, looked back at the restaurant and just smiled. This is how you experience life.

  • 7:00 PM: Nap. Because travel is exhausting, and tacos are delicious.

  • 8:00 PM: Back to the Mexican restaurant. I need more carnitas! I feel so great! Time to find the most interesting thing in the restaurant.

  • 9:00 PM: Back to the room, I go on the internet and research.

Day 2: Mission Inn & The Rollercoaster of Human Emotion

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast! (free coffee saves the day again). Time to get my tourist on.

  • 9:00 AM: The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa. Heard it's legendary. A sprawling architectural fantasy. I can already feel the Instagram potential, but also, the potential for feeling utterly overwhelmed. But I will go! This place is beautiful! From the moment I walk in, I am just in love!

  • 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM: Tour of the Mission Inn. This place is pure… well, pure. I mean, the stained glass, the art, the history… it's all just a bit much, in the best possible way. The tour guide was a sweet old woman who called me "dear." Sold. Listned to anecdotes, and felt the experience. I made a friend!

  • 11:30 AM: Lunch at in the cafe. That’s because, naturally, I was starving after all that walking and historical reverence. the food was fine… the experience was everything.

  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I have the best idea ever! Take a nap.

  • 3:00 PM: I went online. I got to my favorite place: Youtube. I start watch videos.

  • 5:00 PM: It's dinner time again. I found a Chinese place earlier. I'm going there now.

  • 6:00 PM: I get to the Chinese restaurant. I order a lot of food. I eat it all.

  • 8:00 PM: I watched television.

Day 3: Farewell (but Really, See You Later, Riverside)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. One last cup of that free coffee. I'm starting to feel fond of this place.

  • 9:00 AM: Packing. I'm surprisingly good at this now.

  • 10:00 AM: Check-out. One last look at Riverside. I will miss this place.

  • 11:00 AM: Drive back to airport. I feel sad but it is time.

  • 1:00 PM: Ugh, the airport is a madhouse!

  • 3:00 PM: Finally on a plane! Good to go.

Kremmling Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8!

Book Now

Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States```html

Riverside's BEST Courtyard? UCR/Moreno Valley Oasis Awaits! ... Or Does It? (Let's Be Honest)

Okay, Okay, So What *Exactly* Makes This Place "BEST"? The Hype Machine is Strong, Is It Deserved?

Ugh, the "BEST" thing... it’s loaded, right? Honestly? The *idea* of it is great. Picture it: a peaceful, green space... escaping the madness of Riverside. You know, the concrete jungle where finding a parking spot is a contact sport. This place? Supposedly, it's a haven. They call it an "oasis." And look, the courtyard *does* have its moments. When the sun hits just right, and the trees are all lush and green... yeah, it's pretty. But... (cue dramatic pause) ...reality bites, people. It's not *always* perfect. Sometimes, the Wi-Fi dies. Sometimes, a rogue sprinkler decides to soak your laptop. And let's not even *start* on the squirrels. They're little furry ninjas of crumb-thievery. My lunch, my poor, defenseless sandwich... gone in seconds. I swear, I saw one planning the heist. He had that glint in his eye.

Is it Actually *Good* for Studying? My GPA is Already Begging for Mercy.

Studying? Hmm. That's a tricky one. Theoretically, yes. Tables, chairs, the whole shebang. Peaceful ambience, usually. BUT (and it's a big, honking, flashing-lights 'but') ... distractions abound. First of all: other students. Nice people, mostly. But also... talkers. Loud talkers. The kind who *have* to recap the entire plot of every single assignment they've done. And the dogs! Oh, the dogs. (Yes, this place is dog-friendly, which is a BIG plus, unless you, like me, get easily distracted by cute pups). I spent a whole hour petting a golden retriever named... Winston? Winston, I swear, knew more about quantum physics than I did at that point. My notes? A scribble of "floofy", "good boy", "needs a belly rub." My GPA? Suffered, probably. But zero regrets. Winston was worth it.

What About Food and Drinks? Can This Place Keep Me Fed (and Caffeinated)?

Alright, the sustenance situation... This is where it gets a *little* dependent. They usually have some sort of cafe or coffee shop near by (or *in*... depending which "courtyard" they're hyping). The coffee? Okay, sometimes great, sometimes... well, let's just say it needs a *serious* caffeine intervention. The snacks? Usually pastries. Which is dangerous. So, so dangerous. I once ate three croissants and a muffin in, like, an hour. I then had a massive sugar crash and couldn't function for the rest of the day. Worth it? Maybe. Probably not. My advice? Pack *your own* snacks. And bring a water bottle. Hydration is important, friends. Especially when you're staring at a textbook and questioning all your life choices.

Parking. The Eternal Struggle. Is This Place Actually Accessible, Or Should I Just Give Up Before I Even Start?

Parking... oh, the parking. The ultimate test of patience in Riverside. Look, I'm not going to lie. It can be a nightmare. *Especially* during the week, during peak hours. Be prepared to drive around in circles. Multiple circles. Wishing you’d packed a picnic. The closer you get to the actual courtyard, well, the harder it is. My suggestion? Plan ahead. Go early. Seriously. Like, ridiculously early. Or, if you're feeling adventurous (and if you *actually* care about your GPA), try public transport or biking (if it’s not *scorching* hot outside). Or maybe just accept you'll be late. It's a life lesson, really.

What's the Weather Like? Will I Be Sweating My Butt Off, Or Freezing My Toes Off?

California weather, right? It's a gamble. Mostly, it's sunshine. Which is lovely. But sometimes... it's *scorching*. Or, the temperature is perfect, until a wind comes and tries to blow you and your papers away. And then there's the shade. The shade is your friend. Find the shade. The shade is usually where the good tables are. Layer up. Be prepared for anything. And pack sunscreen. Trust me. I've seen some serious sunburns. And seriously, the wind can PICK UP! I once saw a whole thesis get blown away. A whole *thesis*! All because of a sudden breeze. It was tragic, and hilarious, all at once.

Okay, Fine, But Is It *Actually* a Good Place to, You Know, Relax? Or Is It Just Another Stressful Place to Be Stressed?

Relax? Hmm. That's the million-dollar question, isn't it? It *can* be. Sometimes. I've had moments there where I've actually felt a sense of calm. The sun, a gentle breeze... a good book... it’s possible. But you gotta be prepared for the interruptions. The screaming children (sometimes), the college kids talking about things you don’t understand (often), the construction noise (inevitably). It's not a spa, people. It's a courtyard. But, even with the imperfections, there’s something about being outdoors, being able to breathe fresh air, even if that fresh air has a hint of exhaust, that’s… something. Sometimes, it's exactly what you need. Even if it's just for five minutes before the squirrels attack.

Any "Secret" Tips, Hidden Gems, or Pro-Tips to Actually *Enjoy* the Experience? Spill the Tea!

Alright, alright, you twisted my arm. Here's the real deal:

  1. **Embrace the Imperfection:** Seriously. Don't expect perfection. Go with the flow. Laugh when the Wi-Fi craps out. Make friends with the squirrels (from a safe distance).
  2. **Earplugs & Headphones:** Essential. Noise-canceling ones if you're serious about studying. And maybe some white-noise playlists. (Or, you know, drown out the noise with classic rock. Just saying.)
  3. **The Early Bird Catches... a Parking Spot (and a Good Table):** Seriously. Go early. Like, before the sun fully rises.
  4. **Find *Your* Spot:** Scout out the courtyard. Find a tree, a bench, a corner... whatever your happy place is. Claim it. (But be nice about it. Don't be *that* personHotel Hop Now

    Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

    Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

    Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

    Courtyard Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area Riverside (CA) United States

Post a Comment for "Riverside's BEST Courtyard? UCR/Moreno Valley Oasis Awaits!"