
Milwaukee's Hottest Hotel? Kimpton Journeyman Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Kimpton Journeyman Hotel Review (Milwaukee: You Won't Believe This Rollercoaster!) 😈
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this review of the Kimpton Journeyman in Milwaukee is gonna be less "sterile travel blog" and more "drunken confession booth." I mean, hotels should be about more than perfectly folded towels, right? Let's get real, shall we? 😜
First Impressions & Accessibility (The "Ugh, Stairs!" Phase)
Right, so… first things first: accessibility. This is a biggie for me, and honestly, I didn't check every single box. The elevator? Check. Plenty of space in the lobby and public areas? Check. (Phew, because I hate squeezing, with a passion). But listen – and this is important – getting to the elevator from the street wasn't the smoothest. A few sneaky steps. I didn't have a wheelchair, but if I did, I’d be gritting my teeth before even getting inside. Minor gripe, HUGE opportunity, Kimpton! They do say the elevator is there, and there are elevators.
- Accessibility: Overall, mostly accessible, but with a few potential hurdles getting to the good stuff.
The Room: Sanctuary… Then a Few Bumps (The "Where's My Charger?" Phase)
Alright, let's talk rooms. I booked a standard… something. (Honestly, I’m the sort of person who books a room, then promptly forgets what they booked.) Anyway, the room was… chef's kiss… aesthetically pleasing. Modern chic, think exposed brick meets minimalist elegance, but… with heart. 💖
- Available in All Rooms: Air conditioning? Abso-freakin'-lutely. Alarm clock? Yup. Bathrobes? Oh, HELL YES. (Those are my jam.) Bathroom phone? Weirdly, yes, but hey, you know… what if you urgently need to call down about the lack of chargers?! 🫠
- Internet Access: Free Wi-Fi? Thank freaking goodness! (And it actually worked! Cue gasp of delight). Internet [LAN]? Yes! I didn’t use it but it was there.
- What I LOVED: I'm a total sucker for blackout curtains (sleeping in is a LIFE CHOICE, not a lifestyle). They delivered. And the bed? Glorious. I could build a fort on that bed!
- The Annoyances (Because Perfection is BORING): My phone charger situation was dire. Multiple outlets, but not near the bed. This lead to a LOT of late night fumbling. Also the remote for the TV? Gone with the wind. I ended up squinting at the TV like an old man (guilty).
Dining & Drinking: Where the Good Times Truly Begin (The "Did Someone Say Happy Hour?" Phase)
Okay, time to get to the good stuff: the food and drinks! (Priorities, people, priorities.) The Journeyman is seriously winning here. Food Coma, Here I Come.
- Restaurants: The restaurant, Tre Rivali, is gorgeous. Bright, airy, with a menu that makes your mouth water just reading it.
- The Bar: The bar? Oh, the bar. The Journeyman's bar is a scene! Happy hour is a MUST.
- My Experience: I spent far too much time (and money) at the bar (I got a little carried away with the margaritas one night and may have accidentally befriended the entire staff - who, by the way, were total gems). 🍹 Seriously, fantastic cocktails and a lively atmosphere. Highly recommend.
Wellness & Relaxation: Spa Day Dreams (The "I Need That Massage, Stat!" Phase)
- Things to Do/Ways to Relax: The Journeyman has a legit spa, and a fitness center.
- Spa: I didn't get a massage, but the spa looked divine. (Next time, I'm budgeting for a spa day, promise!).
- Gym/Fitness: Didn't hit the gym, but it was there, calling to the fitness freaks!
Cleanliness & Safety: The "Is this Pandemic Over?" Phase
Alright, let's address the elephant in the room: COVID. The Journeyman seemed to be taking things pretty seriously, which I really appreciated.
- Cleanliness and safety: They have all the standards: hand sanitizer everywhere, daily disinfection, staff trained in safety protocol, etc.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: That’s a nice touch, I guess, they’ve got that option for those not wanting chemicals in their room.
Services & Conveniences: From the Mundane to the Marvelous (The "Do They Know I Crave Convenience?" Phase)
- Services and conveniences: The front desk was always helpful. They have a concierge, luggage storage, and laundry service too.
- Cashless payment service: Yessss! (I don’t carry cash!)
- Doorman: A doorman! Talk about class!
- Minor Grumbles: My biggest issue: the lack of a coffee machine in the room. (This is a personal problem, I know, but I need my caffeine fix IMMEDIATELY upon waking).
For the Kids: Not My Wheelhouse (The "I Have No Idea" Phase)
- Family/child friendly: I didn’t see many children, but the hotel seems geared to adults.
Getting Around: Location, Location, Location (The "Airport Shuttle, Please?" Phase)
- Getting around: The location is clutch. You're right in the heart of the Third Ward (amazing shopping and art scene). Easy access to everything.
- Airport transfer: Airport transfer is available.
The Verdict: Would I Go Back? (The "Take My Money!" Phase)
Absolutely. Even with the few minor gripes, the Kimpton Journeyman is a fantastic hotel. The ambiance, the location, the food, the staff…it all comes together to create a truly memorable experience. It's a hotel that feels alive, not just a place to lay your head. It's a little bit luxurious, a little bit quirky, a whole lotta fun. Just pack your own charger and be prepared to make some memories.
SEO & Metadata (because Google needs to be happy, too!):
- Title: Kimpton Journeyman Hotel Review (Milwaukee: You Won't Believe This Rollercoaster!)
- Description: Honest, hilarious review of the Kimpton Journeyman Hotel in Milwaukee's Third Ward. Accessibility, cocktails, spa, and all the juicy details! Is it worth it? Find out!
- Keywords: Kimpton Journeyman, Milwaukee, hotel review, Third Ward, luxury hotel, spa, restaurant, bar, accessibility, travel, Wisconsin, best hotels, weekend getaway, Midwest, reviews, Kimpton, Journeyman, Travel Review, Milwaukee, Accessible, Hotel, Review, Kimpton
- Metadata: (Include keywords/description, add meta tags for image alt tags, etc.)
Final Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars (Minus half a star for the charger situation!) ✨
Unbelievable Fayetteville Getaway: The Craftsman Inn Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a weekend at the Kimpton Journeyman in Milwaukee. Let's just say this isn't one of those pristine, Instagram-perfect travel blogs. This is real life, people, and real life is often a glorious, messy, and occasionally hilarious train wreck.
Day 1: Arrival, Expectations vs. Reality (and a Near-Meltdown)
2:00 PM - Arrival and the "Wow" Factor (That Almost Backfired): Okay, so the Journeyman. Gorgeous. Truly, spectacularly gorgeous. The exposed brick, the plush furniture, the smell of something vaguely expensive and delicious in the lobby… I was ready to be sophisticated. I pictured myself elegantly sipping a pre-dinner cocktail, gazing out the window at the Milwaukee skyline, the picture of calm.
- Anecdote: The reality? I tripped over my own suitcase immediately upon entry. Nearly spilled my Starbucks (because, priorities) all over a very chic lobby lounge. And then, the elevator was packed with a bachelorette party, and the air was thick with glitter and nervous laughter. My "Zen weekend" was off to a stellar start.
3:00 PM - Room Reconnaissance & That Mini-Bar: My room! Okay, phew. Serene. Finally, a sanctuary. Except… the mini-bar. Oh, the mini-bar! It was like a tiny, expensive death trap. I'm talking $9 for a bottle of water? Seriously? My "treat yourself" budget had clearly not factored in the price of simply existing in this place. I may or may not have considered smuggling in my own Trader Joe's snacks.
4:00 PM - Get Out there!: I realized that I had to give up the mini bar fantasy, after a deep breath and self talk, I moved forward. I found one of the hotel's cute bikes and gave it a spin, it was a perfect summer day, sunny, breezy, and the city seemed so welcoming. I started heading in the direction of the iconic Milwaukee Art Museum
5:30 PM - The Art Museum Debacle: I was feeling it, I was enjoying my ride so much that I end up staying for a little bit, and as I'm leaving, I realize that my phone dropped and I lost my keys! I was freaking out, I felt like I was in some sitcom episode, I started walking back the road, and the time felt like an eternity!
6:30 PM - A Brief Glimmer of Hope (and Dinner): Okay, deep breaths. I retraced my route, still no phone or keys, and almost gave up and run to the hotel to start sobbing and find my second pair of keys.
- Emotional Reaction: I started feeling a bit of self-pity. I was tired, starving, and the whole "sophisticated weekend" was turning into a comedy of errors.
- Quirky Observation: I did a quick assessment of my outfit. I was wearing my best jeans, a fresh white T-shirt, and, thanks to this whole mess, I looked like a sweaty, stressed version of myself.
7:30 PM - Delicious Salvation at Tre Rivali: I eventually find my lost phone and keys, my mood flipped, I decided to have something yummy, and I wanted to eat somewhere close to the hotel. I went to the hotel's restaurant Tre Rivali, and it was the best idea ever. The food was heavenly. The atmosphere, warm and inviting. I ordered the pasta, I didn't care what it costed, and it was pure, unadulterated joy. The waiter, bless his heart, clearly saw the battle I'd been through, he treated me like a queen, and offered me a special complimentary drink and dessert, it was the best I had this whole week.
Day 2: A Deep Dive into Milwaukee & A Whole Lot of (Hopefully) Good Decisions
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast & Regret: I swear, I'm going to learn to say "no" to those tempting, overpriced breakfast pastries. Okay, yes, they were delicious, but my wallet is now staging a revolt.
- 10:00 AM - Exploring the City: Today, I promised myself I wouldn't be a total klutz. I walked around the area, it was so beautiful! After a while, I went to the Third Ward and I did some shopping, and I had a blast.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch and a Local Brewery: I was starving again, and I decided to hit a local brewery for lunch, and had some tasty beers. I went a bit overboard. It seemed like the perfect time, the ambiance, the company, everything was perfect.
- 3:00 PM - Naptime: I went back to my room for a little nap, but the effects of that lunchtime beer were still lingering, but I couldn't sleep.
- 5:00 PM - Rooftop Drinks & Reckless Abandon: Time for the hotly anticipated (and slightly intimidating) Journeyman rooftop bar. The views were amazing, the cocktails were strong, and I may have made a few questionable decisions.
- Emotional Reaction: I started to second-guess my life choices. Was that cocktail really worth it? Was I actually enjoying this? The answer, at that moment, was a resounding "yes."
- 7:00 PM - Dinner Again, And More Self Talk! I ended up ordering some delicious food, and I had the urge to check-in on my social media, and I realized that I was actually having a great time, and was enjoying my weekend!
- 9:00 PM - Bedtime: After a long and adventurous day, I decided to stay in my room, relax and enjoy my last night.
Day 3: Departure & The (Mostly) Glorious Aftermath
- 9:00 AM - Farewell Breakfast (And a Deep Breath): Okay, this time, I actually skipped the pastries. Mostly out of fear of a repeat of the mini-bar situation. Instead, I had a simple yogurt and fruit.
- 10:00 AM - Final Walk & Reflection: I took one last stroll around the neighborhood. I really appreciated my time.
- 12:00 PM - Check Out & Goodbyes: Check-out was uneventful, thankfully. I left the Journeyman, feeling a weird combination of sadness, exhilaration, and the faint promise of a hangover.
- Overall Impression: Would I go back? Absolutely. The Journeyman is stunning, the staff is lovely, and Milwaukee has a certain charm that sneaks up on you.
- Emotional Take Away: Even with all the stumbles, the mini-bar trauma, and the questionable life choices, this weekend was worth it. It was real, it was imperfect, and it was mine. And honestly, isn't that what travel is all about?

Is the Journeyman *actually* Milwaukee's "hottest" hotel? Like, do I need a fire extinguisher?
Okay, "hottest" is *subjective*. But… yeah, it's got a certain… sizzle. Think less fire, more carefully-curated-hipster-vibe. The rooftop bar, The Outsider, is where the beautiful people congregate. I spent an hour just trying to look like I belonged (spoiler alert: I failed miserably). It's got energy, it's got style. "Hottest?" Maybe. "Overhyped… in the best way possible?" Definitely.
Let's talk rooms. Are they as Instagram-worthy as they look?
Yes. Oh sweet, sweet yes. The room was… gorgeous. Like, "I-could-live-in-this-hotel-room" gorgeous. The exposed brick, the enormous windows, the quirky artwork… *swoon*. I felt this overwhelming urge to immediately take a selfie. Which, of course, I did. Then, true story, when I tried to use the hairdryer (fancy, I know), it *smoked*. Like properly, "oh-god-I'm-going-to-burn-the-place-down," smoked. Called maintenance, got another one. Minor hiccup, but hey, even the most glamorous places have their flaws, yes?
The Outsider Rooftop Bar. Is it worth the hype (and the undoubtedly inflated cocktail prices)?
Look, it’s expensive. No way around it. My first cocktail was, like, my entire grocery budget for the week. But… the views are phenomenal. You're basically perched overlooking the city. And the atmosphere? Electric. I saw a couple *actually* getting engaged. On a Tuesday. I was slightly jealous. (My fiancé was back at our Airbnb, watching cat videos. Priorities, people!) My second cocktail went down much smoother, and I might have even *almost* enjoyed the whole 'see and be seen' thing. Almost.
What about the service? Are the staff as polished as the décor?
Mostly. Mostly, the staff are fantastic. Super friendly, genuinely helpful. I had a minor issue with a forgotten item after check-out (a very important… *cough*… travel journal – don't judge!), and they went above and beyond to sort it out. *BUT*… (and there's always a but, isn't there?)… there were some moments. Like when I asked about the hotel's gym. I was pointed toward a *tiny* room, which I swear, felt more like a glorified closet. It was overflowing with treadmills and the air was *thick*. I'm not a fitness fanatic (more of an "eat-ice-cream-in-bed" kind of person), but even *I* felt claustrophobic. That felt… under-prepared.
Let's talk food! Three times! Is the restaurant, Tre Rivali, as good as the internet says?
Okay, this is where things get... *intense*. Tre Rivali is the hotel’s restaurant. It... well, it's complicated. First, the ambiance is lovely. Dim lighting, exposed brick (again!), smells of deliciousness wafting from the kitchen. I arrived hungry, which, as any experienced traveler knows, is a critical first step. I ordered the pasta. It was… good. Really good. But the service… oh, the service. I felt like my waiter was constantly "checking in" (after every single bite!) and asking if everything was perfect. I felt like I was being *monitored*. It was a bit…much.
Then I went back. I'm nothing if not stubborn. This time, I ordered the pizza. It was…okay. Crust was a little too burnt, the toppings were a bit…sparse. But the atmosphere...it was *loud*. I hate loud restaurants! I couldn't even hear the person I was with. And by that point, my waiter had clearly clocked me as a difficult customer. The service felt rushed, a little terse. It was a weird experience.
And then, the next morning, I ordered room service. The breakfast tacos were… *divine*. Honestly, they were the best part of my entire stay. Fluffy eggs, perfectly spiced chorizo, the works. Delivered promptly, with a smile. Okay, so maybe I'm being unfair. The restaurant dining room felt a little inconsistent, but that breakfast? Absolute perfection. I think I need to go back specifically to eat those tacos. Just the tacos.
Is there anything I *didn't* love?
Aside from the minor hairdryer incident and the slightly chaotic restaurant experience? Hmmm... Okay, the gym. Definitely the gym. Also, parking is a nightmare. Be prepared to spend a small fortune on valet or wander aimlessly looking for a spot. Oh, and the elevator situation. It's slow. S. L. O. W. And sometimes it feels like…well, I'm not sure. Just give yourself extra time. And maybe pack a snack. You’ll be needing it.
Overall, would you recommend the Kimpton Journeyman?
Yes. Absolutely. Despite the minor hiccups, the Journeyman is a fantastic hotel. It's stylish, fun, and in a great location. It's the kind of place where you feel like you're *experiencing* Milwaukee, not just visiting it. Just… temper your expectations for the restaurant, and maybe pack your own hairdryer. And be prepared to spend a lot of time on that elevator and to pay for it. Overall? Go. Stay. And tell me what you think! I may just need to go back for those breakfast tacos.


Post a Comment for "Milwaukee's Hottest Hotel? Kimpton Journeyman Hotel Review (You Won't Believe This!)"