Escape to Miami Paradise: La Quinta Inn & Suites Awaits!

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

Escape to Miami Paradise: La Quinta Inn & Suites Awaits!

Escape to Miami Paradise: La Quinta Inn & Suites Awaits! - A Surprisingly Good Time (Mostly)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to lay down the truth about La Quinta Inn & Suites in Miami. Forget those perfectly curated travel blogs! This is the real deal: a messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious account of my recent stay. Think of it as my therapy session… with Wi-Fi.

SEO & Metadata Buzzwords (Just in Case My Therapist Needs Them - Or Google Does): La Quinta Inn Miami, Miami Hotels, Wheelchair Accessible Miami, Free Wi-Fi Miami, Pool Hotels Miami, Spa Miami, Accessible Restaurants Miami, Miami Family Hotels, Pet-Friendly Miami Hotels (unavailability, but gotta cover all bases!), Miami Airport Hotel, La Quinta Review, Miami Vacation, Hotels with Free Breakfast Miami.

Getting Started: The Arrival & the Accessibility Tango

First impressions? Let's just say the exterior isn't winning any architecture awards. But hey, we're in Miami, not Versailles, right? The important thing? Accessibility. This is where La Quinta actually does pretty darn well. I'm talking wide doorways, elevators, and everything that's supposed to be accessible is accessible. Bless their hearts! They clearly put some thought into this. Wheelchair access from the parking lot was decent, and maneuvering around the lobby was a breeze. Kudos, La Quinta!

Rambling About My Room & The Wi-Fi Revelation (And a Little Frustration)

Okay, the room. It was clean. Really clean. Like, "they must have used every anti-viral product known to humankind" clean. Which, you know, with the current… situation… is comforting. Wi-Fi? Free! In ALL rooms! Hallelujah chorus! The internet speed was… adequate. Let's just say streaming was manageable, but don't expect to download the entire Star Wars saga in a heartbeat. I mean, what do you expect for free Wi-Fi? It's not a tragedy; it's modern life.

Now, here’s a minor gripe: I booked a specific room type, and they almost got it right, but I ended up on the 3rd floor instead of the 5th as requested. Minor, I know - but those little details matter, especially when you're picturing the perfect Miami sunset from your window. Still, the elevator made things bearable.

Things to Do (Besides Exist): The Pool, the Gym, and My Attempt at a Spa Day

The outdoor swimming pool? Pretty standard. Clean, refreshing, and with an okay view (nothing breathtaking, mind you). Plenty of sun loungers, which is always a plus. The gym? Small, but functional. Enough to work off all those delicious calories I was planning on consuming. Then there's the Spa. Wait… wait… there ISN'T one. Okay, that's on me for not reading the fine print. There's a sauna, which I enjoyed, but I was dreaming of a full-on body scrub and wrap. My fault, my mistake. So, note to self, don’t assume the "Spa/Sauna" listing means the full experience.

Dining, Drinking, and the Surprisingly Good Free Breakfast

The "Asian Breakfast" listing got me excited. Sadly, no. Instead, it appears to be an American breakfast with some Asian-inspired things in restaurant. They offered an okay breakfast buffet, which was free and featured the usual cereals, pastries, and (thankfully) a decent coffee maker. The coffee was actually what got me. Because, you know, I'm a human being and can't start a day without it. There was also a poolside bar for those perfect Miami moments. I'm not saying the bartender was a magician, but he mixed a pretty impressive mojito. The snack bar was a lifesaver, especially for those midnight cravings.

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Secure (Mostly)

Okay, this is where La Quinta shines. The anti-viral cleaning products? They were clearly wielding them like a holy weapon. They even have a room sanitization opt-out available. The staff were masked and all of the safety protocols were on point. The Daily disinfection in common areas gave me peace of mind. The front desk has Hand sanitizer available. I saw the staff being trained in it, and that makes a difference for me. They also had a Doctor/nurse on call in case anything happened – another nice touch. The Safe dining setup was comforting as well. This level of commitment actually made me relax (relatively speaking).

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the Laundry

24 Hour Front Desk? Check. Concierge? Check. But let’s talk about laundry. Let’s just say I ended up rocking the "wrinkled island look" for a day due to a mishap with the ironing facilities. My fault, really. The iron was fine, I just apparently lack the skill necessary to use it. Still, a minor inconvenience. The convenience store on-site was a lifesaver for last-minute essentials.

For the Kids (And the Big Kids Too):

While there's no in-house water park, the family-friendly vibe is definitely there. While there's no official babysitting service, the staff seems genuinely helpful. So, if you're traveling with little ones, you’ll feel welcome.

In my Room: The Essentials & the Almost-Perfect Sleep

Okay, let's get granular. Air conditioning? Glorious. Blackout curtains? Yes! Coffee/tea maker? A lifesaver (again, that coffee!). The bed was comfortable, and I got some decent sleep. I swear, I'd almost have given this place a five-star review if it wasn't for the missing spa! The view from the window wasn't anything to write home about, but hey, it's not a deal-breaker.

Getting Around: Driving, Ubering, and the Mystery of the Shuttle

Free car park on-site? Yes! Thank goodness, because driving in Miami can be a nightmare. Taxi service & valet parking available. This made everything easier. They offered a Car power charging station too, so environmentally friendly people can rejoice. Airport transfer? I didn’t use it, but they did have it… or, at least, offered it.

Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions (Because That's What You're Really Here For!)

  • The elevator music was… generic. But hey, at least it was music.
  • I almost got locked out of the room after forgetting my key card… twice. (The "forgetful vacationer" trope, I guess).
  • The staff were genuinely friendly, even when dealing with my jet-lagged grumpiness.
  • I felt surprisingly… relaxed. Despite my initial skepticism, La Quinta Miami delivered.
  • I almost had too much fun, which is a win in my book.

Final Verdict:

La Quinta Inn & Suites in Miami is not perfect. There are no Michelin-starred restaurants or lavish spas. But, it's clean, accessible, and offers a comfortable base for exploring Miami. It's a solid choice, especially if you're looking for a budget-friendly option that doesn't skimp on the essentials. And, honestly? For the price, the free breakfast and the generally good service, I'd happily go back. Just, you know, next time, I AM bringing my own body scrub!

Escape to Ohio: Luxury & Comfort Await at Courtyard Columbus Dublin

Book Now

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because you're about to get the unvarnished truth about a potential trip, a hypothetical La Quinta Inn & Suites Wyndham Miami Lakes adventure! This ain't your meticulously crafted, Instagram-perfect itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL, folks, the stuff travel brochures HATE.

The Big, Messy, Probably-Will-Get-Side-tracked-But-Worth-It La Quinta Miami Lakes Shenanigans

Day 1: Arrival & Doubt (The "Am I Really Doing This?" Phase)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at Miami International Airport (MIA): Ugh. Airports. The ultimate test of human patience, and my bladder. Hopefully, the flight wasn't too bumpy. I'm convinced tiny, screaming children are a universal conspiracy to make everyone question their life choices.
  • 1:30 PM: Rental Car Chaos: Okay, so I promised myself I wouldn't spring for the "extra insurance" this time. (Lie!) Let's hope my inner cheapskate prevails. And that I don't accidentally take the wrong exit and end up in a swamp with a hungry alligator. (Highly unlikely, sure, but still a persistent fear.)
  • 2:30 PM: The Drive! (The Scenic Route, Probably with Wrong Turns): Google Maps is my only companion. Pray for me. I'm notoriously directionally challenged. "Make a slight right." "Slight" could be anywhere between 5 degrees and a U-turn, as far as my brain is concerned.
  • 3:30 PM: Check-in at La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes: Pray, I repeat, PRAY, there's no line. Always the most stressful part of checking in. "Do you have a room with a view?" (Even though it's probably of the parking lot.) "Is the AC functioning?" (This is Miami, people! AC is LIFE.) The actual room… well, let's hope it’s not like the one from my last trip to the Poconos. (Let’s just say the carpet was… "vintage.")
  • 4:00 PM: The Room Inspection (The Critical Eye): Okay. Bed: check. Surprisingly clean sheets? Check. AC blasting? YES! (Thank the gods!) Look at the tiny, almost sad-looking TV. Sigh. It's probably a Smart TV where I can access Netflix AND the hotel's terrible movies, but also a reminder of my lack of real-life social connection. Bathroom: hopefully no creepy-crawlies. I'm already starting to feel a surge of relief. This is the part where I plop down on the bed, contemplate the existential dread of unpacking, and probably order a pizza.
  • 5:00 PM: Pizza Time (The Comfort Food Ritual): Okay, I cave and order pizza. No shame. It's been a long travel day. Maybe a local place? Gotta support the small businesses! This is the part where I'm supposed to write down all the cool stuff that I did but I'll probably just end up doing the same old stuff. I'm hoping I find some good slice in Miami.

Day 2: Culture Shock (or, Trying Not to Be a Tourist Idiot)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast (Free Hotel Buffet, The Eternal Struggle): The holy grail of hotel stays. The buffet. It sounds amazing. In reality, it's often a symphony of lukewarm eggs, sad-looking fruit, and questionable coffee. I shall soldier on!
  • 10:00 AM: Exploring Miami Lakes (The "Pretend I’m a Local" Challenge): Okay, time to venture forth. I'll try to be a "respectful" visitor. Maybe wander around the neighborhoods of Miami Lakes.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch (The "Where Do the Locals Actually Eat?" Quest): I'm craving something authentic, not a chain restaurant. Gotta find a hidden gem! A tiny, unassuming Cuban place, perhaps? Or a quirky little cafe with amazing coffee? This is where I'll spend waaaay too much time on Yelp, and probably get overwhelmed and end up at…McDonald's.
  • 1:30 PM: Attempt at Culture (The "Pretend I'm Cultured" Phase): Okay, let's try something a bit more "cultured." Maybe a museum? Art Deco district of South Beach? Or simply a walk along the water, feeling the Florida heat. Either way, this is probably the part where I'll realize my attempt at cultured sophistication is quickly fading.
  • 4:00 PM: Pool Time (The "Embrace the Tourist" Moment): Okay, fine. I'm a tourist. The pool. Maybe a quick dip? I’m not a particularly strong swimmer, but I can float. And people-watching is a sport.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner Mishap (The "Maybe I Should Have Planned This Better" Moment): I thought I'd make a reservation at that trendy restaurant. Nope, they're booked solid. Plan B: wander around aimlessly, get hangry, and settle for whatever's available. This is when the true adventure begins!
  • 7:30 PM: Sunset (The "Okay, This is Actually Nice" Moment): Ah, the Florida sunset. Maybe, just maybe, I'll actually stop and appreciate the view. Try not to trip over anything.
  • 9:00 PM: The "Bedtime Ritual" (The Reality Show): Back in the room, I might have to take a quick shower. Then order some junk food and watch a movie. And, by then, I will be ready to crash.

Day 3: The "Last Day" Frenzy & Departure (The bittersweet, messy, and perfect ending)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast (The "One Last Hurrah" Buffet): I will approach it with cautious optimism.
  • 10:00 AM: Last-Minute Shopping (The "Forgot Something" Scramble): Souvenirs! The obligatory “I-Love-Miami” t-shirt, some weird, colorful art…and probably, a keychain.
  • 11:00 AM: Packing & Check-out (The Pre-Departure Panic): Of course, I'll leave everything to the last minute. Packing always seems to take twice as long as it should. Double-check for forgotten chargers!
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch (The "Reflect on the Trip" Meal): Reflecting, probably over another slice of pizza. What did I even DO? Did I truly experience Miami? Probably not. But I saw some stuff, ate some stuff, and survived.
  • 1:00 PM: Head to MIA Airport (The Farewell to Paradise - or, at least, the La Quinta): Ugh. The airport again. The same sweaty palms and questionable coffee, except now I'm tired. I'm tempted to buy one of those airport neck pillows.
  • 2:00 PM: Airport Security (The "Is My Luggage Overweight?" Game): Please, let my bag be under the weight limit! I think I overpacked.
  • 3:00 PM: The Flight (The "Finally, Alone Time" Bliss - or, the Screaming Baby Nightmare): Will it be a peaceful flight? Or will there be a tiny human unleashing a sonic boom of cries? Fingers crossed!
  • 5:00 PM: Home Sweet Home (The "Post-Travel Crash" Phase): Unpack… someday. But first, sleep. Glorious, glorious sleep. And then, the slow, inevitable slide back into the routine of everyday life.

And that’s it! My (potential) La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes adventure. A whirlwind of minor mishaps, culinary victories, and moments of self-reflection (or at least, contemplating the meaning of life while staring at a hotel TV). It might not be perfect, but it will be mine. And honestly? That's all that matters.

Clayton's Hidden Gem: Super 8 Review & Booking!

Book Now

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States```html

Escape to Miami Paradise: La Quinta Inn & Suites Awaits! (Or, My Battle with the Flamingo-Shaped Pool Noodle) - FAQs (Because Let's Be Real, You Need Them)

Okay, so, "Paradise"… What's the *real* deal with this La Quinta?

Alright, alright, "Paradise" might be a *slight* exaggeration. Let's just say it's… *Miami-adjacent*. Look, I booked this place after staring at my bank account and realizing "luxury" was probably out of the question. But hey, it's got a pool! And in Miami, a pool is 80% of the battle. Honestly? It’s clean. My shower actually had hot water. That alone earns massive points. Just don't expect a butler. Unless you count the overly enthusiastic cleaning lady who kept trying to make my towels into swan shapes (bless her heart, she almost succeeded).

The Website Shows a "Pool." Is it, like, *usable*? And are there flamingos? (I’m really hoping for flamingos).

Yes! The pool is *mostly* usable. By mostly, I mean it survived the hurricane season without completely imploding. It’s probably seen things... the pool filter looks a little shell-shocked, you know? And yes, there *were* flamingos. Kind of. The guy at the front desk offered me a flamingo-shaped pool noodle. Which, let me tell you, became a personal odyssey. I spent a solid hour battling that inflatable beast. It kept trying to escape, the wind kept snatching it, I nearly drowned trying to corral the darn thing. Eventually, I conceded defeat. Flamingo: 1. Me: Very, very salty. The fact that I *still* have a picture of that noodle is testament to my commitment of the whole trip.

Breakfast? Free? Good? Dishwasher?

Okay, this is where things get a little… *questionable*. Free breakfast? Technically, yes. Good? Define "good." Let's go with "edible." Think a dizzying array of options: the usual continental suspects (cereal, toast, some suspicious-looking pastries), and the obligatory lukewarm eggs which I'm pretty sure hadn't been laid in about a week. (Okay, maybe not, but they *looked* that way). I'd recommend loading up on the fruit and leaving the rest to the brave souls. And the dishwasher? Yeah, you’ll be washing dishes yourself. Welcome to the real world!

How's the location? I want to be close to, like, everything, but also not actually *in* the chaos.

The location is… *strategic*. You're not *in* South Beach, which is a definite win for your sanity (and your wallet). You're a reasonable Uber ride away from most things. Close enough to the action, far enough to escape the perpetual blare of music and the general sensory overload that is Miami. If you have a car, all the better, because parking can be a nightmare, even outside the La Quinta. Though, I have to say, spending an hour searching for a parking spot in a city that *guarantees* traffic is character-building. Almost.

Are the rooms clean? And do they have, y'know, *bed bugs*? (Shivers).

Okay, deep breaths. The rooms *appeared* clean. I didn't find any unwelcome critters, which is a HUGE relief. The sheets *looked* clean. I gave them a questionable sniff test (don't judge me, you'd do it too). My room was relatively spacious and it had a television. The AC worked. These are all wins in the budget travel game. I can't *guarantee* a bed bug-free experience, obviously, but I didn't personally encounter any. And I'm alive to tell the tale.

What's the Wi-Fi situation? Because, you know, I'm addicted to Instagram.

The Wi-Fi… hmmm. Let's just say it's *present*. It exists. It sometimes works. I found myself wandering the hallways in search of a stronger signal on more than one occasion. If you’re planning on streaming HD videos or doing a *serious* amount of work, bring a backup hotspot, okay? I blame the pool noodles. The universe was clearly distracted.

Overall, would you *recommend* this place? Be honest!

Look, if you’re on a tight budget and you're not expecting the Ritz, then yeah. I *would* recommend it. It served its purpose. It's a clean place to sleep, a decent base for exploring Miami, and hey, the Flamingo Noodle incident was worth the price of admission alone. Just adjust your expectations accordingly. Embrace the occasional quirks. Maybe pack your own flamingo-shaped inflatable. And for the love of all that is holy, tip the cleaning lady! She deserves it. Seriously, I'm still thinking about those swans...

Anything else I should know? Any secret tips? Like, how to defeat the Flamingo Noodle?

Secret tips? Okay, here's the intel. First, bring snacks. Always. Second, embrace the chaos. Miami is a glorious, beautiful, slightly unhinged place, and this La Quinta is a mini-reflection of that. Third, for the Flamingo Noodle… I'm still working on that one. I think the key is a strong will, a sturdy pair of lungs, and maybe a grappling hook. Or just… don't try it. Just…don't. You have been warned. Instead, buy a bottle of water and a bag of chips. You'll feel a lot better.

Could you recommend some good places to eat nearby?

I'm not the best foodie, I confess. But I found a really good Cuban place a few blocks away. I can't remember the name though, I think it was called "Something Cuban" or "The Other Cuban" or maybe "Just Cuban Food, Okay?". Anyway, the sandwiches were amazing... like, truly amazing. And if you're in the mood for something sweet, there's a bakery that serves fresh empanadas. I spent the majority of my time there waiting, but it was worth it. Plus, there's always McDonald's. You can't really go wrong, can you? (Don't answer that).
``` Hotelicity

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Miami Lakes Miami (FL) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Miami Paradise: La Quinta Inn & Suites Awaits!"