Melbourne's BEST Kept Secret: Residence Inn Luxury Revealed!

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Melbourne's BEST Kept Secret: Residence Inn Luxury Revealed!

Melbourne's "Best Kept Secret"? Let's Spill the Tea on Residence Inn Luxury! (Or, My Staycation Saga)

Okay, so I'm supposed to be reviewing the Residence Inn in Melbourne. “Luxury revealed!” they say. Honestly, when I booked, I was expecting beige. You know? Beige. Like, generic hotel beige. Boy, was I wrong. This place is…well, let's just say it's given me enough material to fill a Tolstoy novel (a slightly more modern, air-conditioned Tolstoy novel, obviously).

(SEO Keywords: Melbourne Hotels, Luxury Hotels Melbourne, Wheelchair Accessible Melbourne, Residence Inn Review, Accessible Hotels Melbourne, Spa Melbourne, Swimming Pool Melbourne, Free Wi-Fi Melbourne, Family-Friendly Hotels Melbourne)

First Impressions (and a Dash of Panic)

My first thought? "Holy moly, this place is big." And my second? “Where's the damn entrance?” (Seriously, I circled the block like a lost drone. Note to self: Google Maps is your friend, even when you think you know the area.)

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Positive)

Right, so, accessibility. Super important, especially because…well, life happens, and sometimes you need a little extra assistance. The good news: the Residence Inn mostly nails it.

  • Wheelchair Accessible? YES! Ramps, elevators, the whole shebang. My friend Sarah, who uses a wheelchair, was stoked. No awkward, “is this a step-free entrance?” moments. Big win.
  • Hotel's got it, mostly, like, well, enough! Elevator access to all floors! (The only way to get into your room) And the front desk, accessible.
  • Now, where's the wheelchair-accessible restroom? Oh, I checked that.
  • Wheelchair accessible, and there is accessible car park, too!! YES!
  • Internet Access: Wi-Fi is everywhere (and free!). I mean, thank goodness, because I needed to Insta-brag about that pool. More on that later.
  • On-site Accessible Stuff: Restaurants and lounges? Yep. (Though, I'll admit, the layout wasn't perfect for maneuvering. Little tweaks could make it truly outstanding).

The Room: My Personal Oasis (Until the Mini-Bar Called)

The room…oh, the room. Let's just say I momentarily considered trading my actual apartment for it.

  • Available in every room: The essentials: Air conditioning (essential in Melbourne, let's be real), a frankly glorious bed (extra long! Thank you, sleep gods!), a desk (I actually did some work, briefly), and, blessedly, blackout curtains.
  • Internet Access – LAN: Yes! (I'm old school, sometimes I need a wired connection to keep my sanity).
  • Internet Access – Wireless: The hero of our age, Wi-Fi [free], of course.
  • Oh yeah, a mini-bar. I’m sure I can do some serious damage to these.
  • Complimentary tea/coffee maker? Check. Daily housekeeping service? Yes.
  • And, and, and… there is a safe box and extra pillows.
  • Other amenities: Refrigerator, bathtub and separate shower, toiletries, and a full mirror.

But, uh, the mini-bar… let's just say it whispered to me late at night. Okay, it shouted. I may have… indulged. Don't judge.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Foodie Heaven (and a Few Hiccups)

Okay, okay… the food. This is where things get really interesting.

  • Breakfast? Buffet, buffet, buffet! Pancakes, pastries, the works. A Western breakfast, not just Asian Breakfast. Asian cuisine restaurant.
  • Restaurants and Lounges? Multiple options! (But, I'm not sure if there is a Vegetarian restaurant)
  • Snack Bar? Oh yeah! The perfect place to fuel those pool-lounging activities.
  • Coffee/Tea? Everywhere! In the restaurant, in your room, I swear they pump it through the vents.
  • Bar? Yes. And a Poolside bar.
  • Room Service? 24-hour? Sold!
  • Now, how's the food quality? The buffet was, well, a buffet. Nothing to write home about, but perfectly acceptable. The a la carte restaurant was better, though. The international cuisine! The Asian cuisine was a standout (I went back for seconds).
  • I'm a foodie! The food was, well, average.
  • I’m not a foodie! Who cares about the food?

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): My Personal Paradise Found

This is where the Residence Inn really shines. It's not just a hotel; it's a mini-resort.

  • The Pool: Oh. My. God. The pool. It's an outdoor pool, and…the view. I won't spoil it, but let's just say I spent a significant portion of my stay poolside, sipping cocktails (from the poolside bar, naturally) and pretending to be a glamorous celebrity. They even have a pool with the view, it's just stunning!
  • Gym/Fitness Center: Yep! Treadmills, weights, the whole deal. Didn't go (too busy with the pool), but it looked intimidatingly well-equipped.
  • Spa? Yes!
  • Sauna, Steamroom? Included!

More Details and Observations:

  • Cleanliness and Safety: Felt very safe. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff was super diligent about hygiene protocols (I saw them cleaning constantly).
  • Staff? Really friendly, and helpful, and it's not always the case. Nothing was too much trouble.
  • Services/Conveniences: There are facilities for disabled guests!
  • For the kids: They are family/child friendly!

The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect, Right?)

Okay, let's get real for a sec. No place is flawless.

  • The Elevator: Not the fastest, but it got the job done.
  • The Mini-Bar: My wallet is still recovering.
  • The Occasional Noise: Some hallways echo. Light sleepers, bring earplugs.

The Verdict: Worth the Hype?

Honestly? Yeah. Absolutely. The Residence Inn in Melbourne is a winner. It's not just a place to sleep; it's an experience. Yes, there were minor quirks, but the overall experience – the accessibility, the incredible amenities, the genuinely friendly staff – blew me away. I'm already planning my return. Just need to empty my bank account first…and maybe resist the allure of the mini-bar this time. (Maybe.)

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. (Minus half a star for the mini-bar's seductive powers.)

Langley's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn & Suites Review (BC, Canada)

Book Now

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sterile, pre-packaged vacation itinerary. This is a living document, a messy, glorious, and probably slightly-too-caffeinated log of my (potentially disastrous) adventure at the Residence Inn Melbourne in… well, Melbourne, Florida, USA. Let's DO this. (And God help us all.)

Day 1: Arrival, Panic, and the Pursuit of Free Breakfast

  • 1:00 PM: Land at Orlando Melbourne Airport (MLB). Okay, the airport is… small. Like, REALLY small. This is either charming or a sign that I've made a catastrophic logistical error. Praying for charm. Airport pickup… eh, it's there, and I'm grateful.
  • 1:30 PM: Check-in at the Residence Inn. The front desk person seems nice, but I'm immediately judging the lobby decor. It's… "hotel beige" with some suspiciously cheerful abstract art. Okay, deep breaths. Room smells clean. That's a win. I've got a king suite. Score! (Or so I think now)
  • 2:00 PM: My suitcase is a mess! Everything unfolded from the last flight, I should learn to pack it neatly! I'm immediately overwhelmed. I'm not the "organized traveler," and it shows. I need a vacation from this vacation already.
  • 2:30 PM: Reconnaissance mission: Locate the free breakfast. This is a critical component of my survival strategy. A quick scout reveals… a sad, sad continental setup. Instant coffee, lukewarm waffles, and some kind of pre-packaged breakfast "sandwich" that looks like it might have survived a nuclear holocaust. My heart… it sinks. Okay, adjust expectations. This is a Residence Inn, not a Michelin-starred brunch spot.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Nap. Jet lag is a beast. I crashed like a ton of bricks. Woke up with drool on my cheek. Glamorous.
  • 5:00 PM: Attempt to hit the gym. Found the gym, but I looked like a deer in the headlights. This is not going to be a "fitness retreat," is it? Gave up after 20 minutes. Decided a walk in the sunshine would do.
  • 6:00 PM: Grocery run at Walmart. I need snacks. All the snacks. Immediately got lost (Walmart is a labyrinth!), but emerged victorious with a bag of chips, some questionable fruit, and a desperate hope for the evening.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner: Pizza from a local joint. The pizza was good. Comfort food is key. Eaten in my room, watching terrible reality TV. Perfection.
  • 8:00 PM - Bedtime: Netflix, scrolling social media, and trying not to think about the fact that I'm pretty much alone in Florida, approximately 3,000 miles away from all my life. This is where the doubts start to bubble up… Am I crazy? Did I pack enough underwear? Did I forget to turn off the coffee maker? Ah, the joys of solo travel!

Day 2: Beach Bliss (and Existential Dread)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up, and the breakfast is the same. Embrace the sadness. Guzzle coffee.
  • 8:00 AM: Head to the beach! This is the main reason I came here: Cocoa Beach, approximately 20 minutes away. The drive is… suburban. More "strip malls" than "tropical paradise." But then!
  • 8:30 AM: Holy. Freaking. Beach. The sand is pristine, the water is a glorious blue, and the waves… well, they're waves, not the raging surf I'm used to, but they're enough. I'm instantly happy.
  • 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM: Beach time! Sunbathing, wading in the ocean, and people-watching. The people-watching is a highlight. So many families, boisterous kids, and people sporting various levels of sunburn. I find a tiny, perfect seashell. A little gift from the ocean.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a beachside shack: Fish tacos. Delicious, slightly overpriced, and devoured quickly.
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Back to the beach! I try to read, but keep getting distracted by the sun and the sound of the waves. I am at peace. This is what I needed.
  • 3:00 PM: The Dread Returns. Sitting on the beach, I start thinking about everything. My job. My relationships. My entire life. The sun beating down, the waves crashing… this is supposed to be paradise, but instead, I'm a puddle of self-pity.
  • 3:30 PM: I wander to the beachside bar. Find comfort in a cold drink. Watch the sunset.
  • 5:00 PM: Dinner. Went to a local seafood place. The food was fine. Ate the last of the chips.
  • 7:00 PM: Back to the hotel. More Netflix, more scrolling. Existential crisis mitigated by cheesy rom-coms.

Day 3: Space Coast Adventures & Unexpected Ice Cream

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast: Same breakfast. I'm starting to resent the waffles. Resent the waffles deeply.
  • 9:00 AM: Drive to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. This is the "big ticket" item! I'm geeking out big time!
  • 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM: Kennedy Space Center! Wow. This place is HUGE. I take it all in. The rockets, the simulators, the history… I feel a pang of patriotic pride!
  • 2:00 PM: I’m hot, tired, and a bit overwhelmed. I decide to ditch the planned "full tour" and do what I want! This leads to an impromptu exploration of the Rocket Garden.
  • 3:00 PM: Ice cream! I drove to a little ice cream shop on the way back. It was a mess because I got sprinkles all over the car, but it was great. The perfect antidote to a day of rockets and existential angst.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Pool time. The Residence Inn's pool is… adequate. Nothing fancy. But it's refreshing. I read a book. I watch other guests. I am relatively stress-free.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner and drinks at a local brewery. The beer is good. The people are friendly. I actually enjoy the company of strangers. Maybe this whole solo travel thing isn't so bad after all.
  • Bedtime: Reflecting on the trip so far. It’s messy. I'm homesick sometimes. I'm sunburnt. But there are moments of pure joy. Moments of peace. And those, I realize, are what I came here for.

Day 4: The Slow Fade

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast: I skip the waffles this time. Success!
  • 8:00 AM: More beach. More sunshine. More introspection.
  • 12:00 PM: Check out of the Residence Inn. It's been… a place. I’m not ready to go home, but I know I need a change of pace.
  • 1:00 PM: Drive to the airport. Back to the small, but friendly, Orlando Melbourne International.
  • 2:00 PM - Departure: I'm on the airplane, with a mix of happiness and sadness. I've experienced. I've laughed. I've cried. I've eaten way too much ice cream. It was a messy, human adventure. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.

This, friends, is the "real" itinerary. It isn’t perfect. It’s not Instagram-worthy. But it is mine. And honestly? That's what makes it beautiful. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need another coffee and a hug.

Santa Maria Getaway: Fairfield Inn & Suites Luxurious Stay!

Book Now

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States```html

Okay, Okay, FINE. You Want to Know About the Residence Inn Luxury? (Ugh, Don't Tell Everyone!)

Seriously, What *IS* This "Luxury" Thing? Is It Actually…Luxurious?

Alright, alright, settle down, Nancy Drews. The Residence Inn *is*… well, it *can be* pretty darn good. It’s not like a five-star hotel with a butler named Jeeves. But the "luxury" is more… subtle. Think: spacious suites that *actually* feel spacious, not like you're living in a shoebox. Think: a fully-stocked kitchen that's perfect for pretending you're a celebrity chef (emphasis on the *pretending* part - my scrambled eggs always look like something the cat dragged in!).
The best part? You don't feel like you're constantly tripping over your suitcases. There’s usually *enough* space to actually *live*. And, honestly, after a long flight, that’s a luxury in itself.

The Free Breakfast. Spill the Tea (or, You Know, Coffee). Is It Any Good?

Okay, the breakfast. This is where things get… complicated. It's free. That's a win right there. But let’s be honest, it's not like a Michelin-starred brunch situation. But it’s *decent*.
There's usually some kind of hot food (scrambled eggs, which, again, mine always fail… but they're there!). Cereal, the ever-present pastries, and the coffee… oh, the coffee. Sometimes it’s shockingly good. Other times… well, let's just say it's a miracle I still function. It really depends on the day, honestly. Don't arrive expecting world-class cuisine, and you won't be disappointed. But hey, it's free. And that's a very Melbournian thing to appreciate, isn't it? (We're a cheap bunch, we are!)

So, What About the Location? Is it Convenient for… you know, *Melbourne*?

Ah, location, location, location! This is where the Residence Inn sometimes *really* shines. Depends on the specific one, of course. Some are smack-bang in the CBD, which is amazing for exploring. Others are a little further out, which can be brilliant if you want a quieter vibe, or need to be closer to certain… areas.
Let me tell you a story. One year, I was meant to be in the city, it wasn't my choice, but the hotel was on the outskirts near Richmond, and the trams… were a nightmare. Honestly, I felt like I was spending more time on public transport than actually *doing* things. But then, another time, I stayed near the airport, and the commute to the city was an absolute breeze. So, yeah, do your research. Read the reviews. Consider what you want to *do* in Melbourne. Don't assume all Residence Inns are created equal. I made that mistake once, and boy did I pay the price.

The Rooms – What’s the Deal? Clean? Comfy? Does It Have a Toilet? (Important Questions, People!)

Okay, the rooms. Yes, they have a toilet. Thank God.
Generally, the rooms are clean. *Usually*. Look, I’m a bit of germaphobe in hotels, okay? I bring wipes. Because, let's be honest, you never *really* know. But I haven't had a truly *disgusting* experience at a Residence Inn. They're usually pretty good about keeping things tidy.
Comfort? Yes! Generally comfortable. The beds are… okay. I'm not going to say they're cloud-like, but I've slept worse (and the memory foam pillows are surprisingly comfy!). The suites are a major plus. Having a separate living area is a lifesaver, especially if you're traveling with a partner, friend, or…well, yourself. The extra space just makes everything feel less cramped. And there are *usually* decent TVs.

Is it a Good Place to Stay Long-Term?

This is where the Residence Inn *really* excels. The suites, the kitchens, the separate lounging areas… it’s basically designed for it. I've spent weeks at a time, and it felt… almost…homely. Almost.
Let me tell you a story about this one time. I had to stay for *months* in a Residence Inn. I was in a new city, lonely as heck, and just wanted something comfortable. The ability to cook my own meals (even if it was just pasta and canned tomatoes) was a godsend. The extra space meant I wasn’t constantly on top of my stuff. But... and there's ALWAYS a but, isn't there? The sameness gets to you. Being in a hotel, even a nice one, for months on end… loses its charm. You start to notice the little things. The slightly stained carpet. The slightly dodgy air conditioning. The same breakfast buffet every. single. day. You start to feel like you're living in a sitcom: "The Residence Inn Life."
But, if you need long-term accommodation where you won’t go insane, yeah, it's a good option. Just be prepared to miss your own damn bed.

What's the Wi-Fi Like? (Gotta Stay Connected, People!)

Wi-Fi is…well, it varies depending on the specific Residence Inn. Some are good, some are…adequate. Others are a complete and utter dumpster fire. I’ve spent hours fighting with the Wi-Fi, cursing under my breath, and considering throwing my laptop out the window. (Not recommended.)
Here's my advice: If Wi-Fi speed is critical – for video calls, streaming, etc. – double-check reviews *before* you book. Ask around! See if you can find anyone with recent experience. Don't just assume it's all sunshine and roses. Because, trust me, battling slow Wi-Fi when you're trying to work is a special kind of hell. Okay?

Are There Any Hidden Costs or Annoyances I Should Know About?

Ah, yes, the hidden costs. Because, you know, nothing is ever *really* as simple as it seems, right? Parking can be a killer in some locations. That’s the big one. Don’t assume there's free parking. Check the fine print.
Another thing: the cleaning schedule might not be what you're used to. Some only offer cleaning once a week. Which is fine, until you spill coffee on your sofa and have to live with the stain for several days.
My advice? Read the fine print. *Seriously*. And pack some cleaning supplies. You’ll thank me later.

Hotels In Asia Search

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Residence Inn Melbourne Melbourne (FL) United States

Post a Comment for "Melbourne's BEST Kept Secret: Residence Inn Luxury Revealed!"