
Escape to St. Louis: Luxurious Baymont Stay Awaits!
Escape to St. Louis: My Baymont Story (And Why You Might Like It Too!)
Alright, so I've just gotten back from a little getaway, and you know, I had to share my experience at the Baymont in St. Louis. Seriously, after weeks of staring at my laptop, I needed that "escape" promised in the title. And you know what? For the price, it was surprisingly… decent. Let's dive in, shall we? And I'm going to be real, warts and all. Because let's face it, perfection is boring.
(SEO & Meta Mania: Bear with me, Google, I'm trying!)
- Keywords: Baymont St. Louis, Hotel Review, St. Louis Hotels, Accessible Hotels, Free Wi-Fi, Spa, Pool, St. Louis Getaway, Budget-Friendly Travel, Cleanliness, Safety, Dining, Accessibility.
- Meta Description: Honest review of my stay at the Baymont in St. Louis. Discover pros & cons, from accessible features to the pool with a view. Find out if it's the perfect escape for you, plus details on amenities like free WIFI and dining options.
(Accessibility - Let's Get Into the Nitty Gritty First)
Okay, so I wasn't personally using a wheelchair this trip, but I always try to check out accessibility options because, hello, it's important! The website promised wheelchair accessibility, and that seemed legit. I noticed elevators, which is a MUST. There was also talk of accessible rooms - though, to be honest, I didn’t see inside one. But they did say they were available. I spotted a ramp at the entrance which is good. I'd give it a tentative "thumbs up, call ahead and confirm" situation for anyone truly needing it. Accessibility is a HUGE win for some people and a HUGE failure if it doesn't deliver, so Baymont: make sure you're keeping it real.
(Cleanliness & Safety – Anxiety-Reducing Vibes?)
Alright, this is where I really paid attention. Let's face it, travel post-pandemic has made us all a little germ-phobic, right? The Baymont highlighted anti-viral cleaning products and professional-grade sanitizing, which, big sigh of relief. I saw a lot of hand sanitizer stations scattered around, too. My room, to be honest, SEEMED clean. I'd give them maybe a 8/10. I DID spot that a lot of surfaces had been wiped down, which always helps.
Now, here's a little anecdote: I actually saw the cleaning staff, and they were clearly following protocols. They were using… well, I’m assuming it was the good stuff! I’m a bit of a germaphobe, so seeing the staff take precautions, I felt significantly more relaxed. The security features (CCTV, 24-hour front desk) also offer that added peace of mind, which is always welcomed. The daily disinfection in common areas? Okay, that's a plus.
(Rooms: Okay, Let's Talk About My Room! – The Good, The Bad, And The… Carpeting)
My room. Ah, my room. It was… functional. Not the Ritz, but hey, I wasn't paying Ritz prices.
- The Good: I had free Wi-Fi (thank GOD!), a comfortable bed, a decent TV with enough channels to keep me entertained, and, surprisingly, the air conditioning worked like a dream! Okay, I will admit, the air conditioning was THE greatest thing ever after a day exploring the city.
- The Okay: Okay, here's the thing. The decor was… understated. Let's call it "classic budget hotel." The room was clean enough, and offered a free bottle water, which is nice.
- The Uh-Oh: The carpet. Oh, the carpet. It was… there. And it felt… oldish. Some of the stains looked… historical. And the lighting could have been better. Not a huge deal, but you know… I'm a bit of a neat freak.
The bathroom was a little dated. It was clean, but a bit… cramped. The water pressure in the shower was solid though, and I appreciate that.
(Internet – Essential, Obviously)
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! I mean, come on, in 2024, this is non-negotiable. The internet was… mostly solid. Not blazing fast, but perfectly adequate for streaming, email, and endless scrolling. I used it for work, for personal, and all was well.
(Dining – Fueling the Adventures)
Okay, so the hotel offered a breakfast buffet, and that was… well, it was a buffet. Standard fare. There were eggs, breakfast meats, some pastries, and coffee (thank you, coffee!). I'm not going to lie, I ended up grabbing an apple and a coffee to go most mornings and hit a local spot, but hey, it's there if you need it.
The coffee shop was pretty good overall. Good prices, and great coffee. I would recommend it. I actually didn't try a lot of the other dining options like the snack bar, which is a shame since it got good reviews.
(Ways to Relax (The Good Stuff!): Poolside Serenity… Almost)
The pool! Okay, I was genuinely excited about the pool. And the one thing that stood out was: it was an outdoor pool. And it had a… sort of a view. Not a breathtaking, vista-from-the-mountaintops view, but it overlooked the city, which was kinda cool at night. I’m a sucker for a pool, and this one was a decent size, clean, and a great place to cool off after a day of exploring.
I didn’t actually try the spa, sauna, or steamroom because I just didn't have time. But they were there!
(Things to Do – Beyond the Room)
The hotel was in a good location. Getting around the city was pretty straightforward. The concierge was helpful with suggestions. I didn't use it, but I wish I did.
(Services & Conveniences – The Helpful Stuff)
The hotel had a few handy services. 24-hour reception, laundry service (always useful!), and a small convenience store. I appreciated having all of these options.
(For the Kids – My Trip was a Solo Adventure)
I didn’t need the babysitting or the kids' facilities, but good to know they are available, if needed.
(The Verdict: Worth the Trip? Yes, But…)
So, was it a perfect getaway? Nope. Was it worth the money? Absolutely. The Baymont provided a comfortable, clean, and conveniently located base for exploring St. Louis. The free Wi-Fi, the air conditioning, and the pool were all winners. The things that are important, were pretty good, and that's all I can ask for.
What I REALLY want to say
Look, if you're looking for luxury, look elsewhere. But if you're after a clean, safe, and affordable stay with some decent amenities, the Baymont in St. Louis is definitely worth considering. I left feeling refreshed, relaxed, and ready to face the world again! And hey, maybe next time I’ll try the sauna!
Disneyland Magic Awaits! Unbeatable Days Inn Anaheim Deal!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're talking about a trip to checks notes Baymont By Wyndham in O'Fallon, Illinois. Sounds glamorous, right? Okay, maybe not, but hey, we’re going to make the most of it. This is less a schedule, more a… a vibe. A chaotic, caffeine-fueled vibe.
The O'Fallon Odyssey: A Journey Through… Well, O'Fallon
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (Mostly About Carpet)
1:00 PM: Arrive at Lambert–St. Louis International Airport. The airport itself? Surprisingly clean. But the smell. That generic airport smell - a weird blend of stale coffee, desperation, and… plastic wrap? Anyway, off to car rental. Praying for a decent car. Praying even harder for a good playlist.
2:30 PM: Hit the road! O'Fallon-bound. My GPS, bless her metallic soul, is already trying to reroute me through a cornfield. Road trip, baby! (Okay, technically more of a road stroll since the drive's only like, 45 minutes).
3:30 PM: Check-in at the Baymont. Okay. Here we go. First impressions? The lobby smells… cleanish. The décor is… aggressively beige. The carpet… ah, the carpet. Look, I've seen carpets older than me with more life in them. This carpet is the physical embodiment of "meh." I wonder how many souls have walked across this carpet?
4:00 PM: Room Unveiling! I take a deep breath and slide the key card. Okay! The room is… beige. Surprise! The bedspread looks like it might be from the Clinton administration. But hey, it doesn't smell too bad. The TV has a weird flickering thing, which could be annoying. Time to hit the snooze button of my own thoughts.
5:00 PM: Okay, I'm fighting the urge to just lie down on this bed and become one with the beige. Gotta embrace the O'Fallon experience! Googling "best restaurants near me." The reviews…are a rollercoaster. Some are raving about a local diner, others are warning of severe wait times. We’ll see.
7:00 PM: Alright, after 20 minutes of internal debate and existential carpet-gazing, I brave it and go to the aforementioned diner. This is it. All the reviews come from the mid-2000s. The diner itself? A time capsule. It’s like stepping into a Norman Rockwell painting, except instead of idealized Americana, there is the waft of frying onions and cigarette-stained wallpaper. And the wait. I think I aged ten years in those 30 minutes. So, I sit down. I order the special. (Meatloaf, because, why not?). I eat the meatloaf. It’s…. meatloaf. I pay the bill. I leave.
8:30 PM: Back at the Baymont. Time for some serious TV. Maybe I’ll watch Netflix. Maybe I'll stare at the carpet. Maybe I'll just… ponder the meaning of my existence in this beige rectangle. The possibilities are… endless. Or, you know, limited to whatever channels the hotel offers.
Day 2: Exploration (or, "Where Did All the People Go?")
8:00 AM: "Complimentary Breakfast." Ah, the siren song of the free continental breakfast. The promise! The reality? Probably stale pastries, lukewarm coffee, and the faint aroma of chlorine from the indoor pool. sigh. I'm going to go anyway. Wish me luck.
8:30 AM: Breakfast. The pastries are… surprisingly edible. The coffee is… coffee-ish. The chlorine smell? Definitely present. I'm sitting next to a guy in a "World's Best Dad" shirt who's loudly praising the bacon (which, in fairness, is pretty decent). More carpet gazing.
9:30 AM: Time to "explore." Oh boy. What is there to see, in O'Fallon? Well, there’s a park. A few chain stores. And… a lot of wide-open spaces. Google is a help, and I use its recommendations to explore the local area.
12:00 PM: Lunch. Another local establishment. My expectations? Low. I ordered a Reuben sandwich. It arrives. It's… surprisingly delicious. The universe provides sometimes, I'm beginning to think.
2:00 PM: The local park. It is a pleasant walk. The air is fresh. Birds tweet. Children play. I take a deep breath, sit on a bench, and for a moment, I feel… at peace. The beige of the Baymont fades from my mind. Just for a moment.
4:00 PM: Back at the Baymont. The TV flickers. The carpet stares. I stare back. I'm starting to feel… strangely relaxed. Is this… acceptance? Or just pure, unadulterated boredom? Who knows.
7:00 PM: Dinner. I'm going to try a different restaurant. Maybe. I might also just order pizza and eat it in front of the flickering TV. No judgment.
Day 3: Departure and a Final Farewell to Beige
- 8:00 AM: See yesterday. The breakfast. The bacon. The chlorine.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. The carpet fades (thank God). I wave goodbye.
- 9:30 AM: I stop by a coffee shop for some real coffee for this jet lag.
- 10:30 AM: Depart. Drive back to the airport.
- 11:00 AM: Bye. Farewell! See you… well… I don't know if I'll see you again, O'Fallon.
Okay, that's it. The end. This was a messy, honest, and, let's be honest, somewhat underwhelming trip. Did I have a blast? Nah. Did I survive? Absolutely. Did I learn anything about myself? Maybe that I really, really hate beige carpet. And maybe, just maybe, I can find a little bit of peace in the mundane. Or, you know, just complain about it in hilarious detail. Either way, it’s a journey. And, honestly, that’s what matters, right? Right?!
Escape to Paradise: Vallarta Bay's All-Inclusive Luxury Awaits!
Escape to St. Louis: Luxurious Baymont Stay Awaits! (But Seriously, Read This First)
Okay, okay, luxurious? What's the REAL deal with this "luxury" Baymont? Spill the tea, internet!
Alright, let's just get this out in the open. "Luxury"? Let's calibrate that a little. Think "Comfortable and Clean," with maybe a sprinkle of "Above Average." Look, I'm not expecting a crystal chandelier in the lobby, am I? I've stayed in *actual* dumps and I've stayed in places where they dust the air. This? This is somewhere in between. It's a solid, sensible place to crash. The real luxury? Not having to sleep in my car. And trust me, I've considered it after some of *those* road trips. Baymont is not going to give you a Michelin star experience, but it's a decent, reliable choice.
Here's the thing: My last stay? Perfectly fine. The staff? Friendly enough. The complimentary breakfast? Well... let's just say the waffles weren't gourmet, but the coffee was hot, and that's what matters first thing in the morning. (Okay, and maybe the free wifi. Gotta get those emails done, ya know?)
Is the location *actually* good? Because sometimes "convenient" is code for "sketchy area."
Okay, this is important. I'll be honest, I did my research. Google Maps, Street View, the whole nine yards. And the consensus seems to be: **It's fine.** Not *prime* real estate, mind you. Not something you'd put on a postcard. But "fine." I mean, close to the highway, which is a huge plus when you're just trying to get somewhere. Plus, there's a few restaurants nearby, which is crucial. After a long day of driving, the last thing I want to do is hunt for a place to eat.
On my last trip, I drove straight from the hotel to a Blues hockey game. Super easy, the traffic wasn't too bad, and I had an amazing time. My friends and I decided to celebrate our team's win afterward, and the location of the Baymont made for a pretty quick and easy Uber ride back, which was great. I wouldn't feel overly nervous walking to a restaurant late at night, but always practice common sense. Like, don't wave your phone around like you're trying to hail a spaceship.
About that "complimentary breakfast"... What horrors await? Be brutally honest!
Brace yourself. It's... standard. Think: pre-made waffles (likely from a machine that's been there since the Clinton administration), instant oatmeal (the kind that clumps if you look at it wrong), hard-boiled eggs (sometimes suspiciously green around the yolk), yogurt, and fruit – which might be bruised, but hey, it's *fruit*! The coffee? As mentioned before, it’s... coffee. Drinkable. Strong enough to get you going. They usually also have some sort of pastries. I once saw a muffin, and I swear, the frosting was like cement.
Here’s a tip: Lower expectations. Go in with your eyes open. If you get a decent waffle, consider it a win. If the coffee is actually *good* coffee? You've hit the jackpot, my friend. Pro-tip: Pack some protein bars. Trust me on this.
Rooms! Are they clean? Because, let's be real, that's the deal-breaker for me.
Alright, settling in to this question. This is probably the most important thing and it's where the hotel tends to do pretty well. Based on my experience *and* reading reviews, the rooms are generally clean. They’re not sparkling, hospital-grade sterile, but generally tidy. I've never found anything truly horrifying. No mysterious stains. No unexpected surprises under the bed. (Knock on wood!)
Now, here's a confession: I am slightly neurotic about cleanliness. I *always* check the sheets. Every time. It's a compulsion. I've even been known to bring my own Lysol wipes (don't judge!). And, you know, I've been pleased with this place every time I've checked. They're *usually* pretty good at this. I’ve noticed the bathrooms are generally tidy as well. If you're a neat freak like myself, relax, you should be able to be happy here.
Pet Policy: Can I bring my furry overlord/underling/companion?
Okay, this is a BIG one for a lot of people, because I'm a dog person myself. Actually, let me rephrase that: I'm completely and utterly in love with my dog, he is my life. And thank god, yes, the Baymont *usually* accepts pets. But, and this is a big but, you *must* confirm the pet policy before you book. Call them! Don't just assume. Things change. Rules tighten. You don't want to arrive with Fido and get turned away.
There's usually a fee, which is fair. They have to account for extra cleaning, you know? But still, double-check. And PLEASE, for the love of all that is holy, clean up after your pet. Because nobody wants to step in... well, you know. Nobody. I saw a family once, and didn't think twice, the next time there was a dog on the property, it was the greatest thing I'd seen all day. If the hotel is clean, then the guests, the staff, everyone is going to be happy.
Is there a pool? (Asking for… myself.)
Yes, there's usually a pool! But, I am not a pool kind of person, but there is generally a pool. Okay, okay, I take that back. In my last stay, there *was* a pool. It was... clean. Not the Ritz-Carlton level, mind you. Just a standard hotel pool. Perfectly fine for a quick dip if you need to cool off. Probably filled with chlorine. Don't expect a tropical paradise. Think more "functional rectangle." And sometimes, it's indoors, which is fantastic, because you're protected from the elements.
But here's the real secret, for anyone who travels on a budget: Pools are great for people-watching. I watched a family, and let me tell you, there was drama!. It was a great reminder that no matter where you are, people are... well, they're people. And if you are a great person you are also going to have a good time.
Is It Worth It? Bottom line: Would *you* stay there again?
Honestly? Yes. For what you pay, it’s a perfectly decent place to stay. It's not going to win any awards. You'Budget Travel Destination


Post a Comment for "Escape to St. Louis: Luxurious Baymont Stay Awaits!"