Luxury Redefined: Escape to Hotel Shiva Intercontinental, New Delhi

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Luxury Redefined: Escape to Hotel Shiva Intercontinental, New Delhi

Luxury Redefined? Hotel Shiva Intercontinental, New Delhi - My Honest (and Slightly Chaotic) Take

Okay, let's be real. I’m back from the Hotel Shiva Intercontinental in New Delhi. And guys, it’s a LOT to unpack. Like, a whole suitcase full of… well, let’s just say stuff. Forget perfect, this is gonna be gloriously imperfect. Consider this your unfiltered, espresso-fueled review. Buckle up.

(SEO & Metadata Buzzword Bingo – Done! See below for details.)

First impressions? Towering. Gleaming. Honestly, a bit intimidating. You know, the kind of place you immediately feel underdressed in, even though you thought you looked semi-presentable. I’d arrived after a brutal flight (delayed, naturally), so the cool, marble-laden lobby was a welcome sight. But… and this is a big but… navigating the initial check-in was a comedy of errors. The “Contactless check-in/out” they promised? Yeah, not so much. Ended up with a mountain of paperwork, a confused look from the front desk assistant, and a vague promise of free Wi-Fi. (Spoiler alert: that might be relevant later.)

Accessibility: The accessibility situation looked solid at first glance. "Facilities for disabled guests" is listed… so far, so good. Elevators were plentiful and seemed spacious. More in-depth investigation on that… to be truly helpful, I’d need a more structured inspection. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Rooms & More… Oh, the Rooms!

My room… ah, my room. “Luxury Redefined” they call it. Okay, fine. It was definitely… nice. "Available in all rooms," as the description says “Air conditioning," "Wake-up service," "Non-smoking rooms" – all the basics were covered. But lemme tell you about the deep dive into the free Wi-Fi (which I’m pretty sure was promised).

Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Internet, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: The promise was HUGE. The reality? A frustrating dance of connection drops, passwords that wouldn't fit, and me yelling at my laptop (the very picture of sophisticated travel, I know). Eventually, I gave up and succumbed to the lure of the in-room "Internet access – LAN." Thank God for that little Ethernet cable. It was the only thing keeping me connected to the outside world. So, a HUGE win for LAN, guys.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Anxiety-Soothing Stuff (Mostly)

In this post-pandemic world, the cleanliness game is crucial. Did the Shiva Intercontinental deliver? Mostly, yes! The "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Rooms sanitized between stays," "Daily disinfection in common areas," and "Staff trained in safety protocol," were all comforting. They even had "Hand sanitizer" everywhere. Felt pretty safe, even with my inherent germophobia flaring up. I'm a sucker for "Room sanitization opt-out available"; it's the illusion of control that does it for me.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (and a Few Misses)

Okay, the food. This is where things got… interesting. The website boasts a plethora of options, and… they're not lying. The "Restaurants," "A la carte in restaurant," "Asian cuisine in restaurant,” and “International cuisine in restaurant” were all in evidence. The "Breakfast [buffet]" was a chaotic masterpiece. They had "Breakfast takeaway service," which was a godsend on the morning I was in too much of a grumpy mood to be social. They had “Coffee/tea in restaurant,” "Desserts in restaurant," "Salad in restaurant," “Soup in restaurant,” and the list goes on… I'm not a huge buffet person, but I appreciate the effort. The variety was impressive, but… let's just say the scrambled eggs weren't exactly Michelin-star material. However, the “Asian breakfast,” was a revelation – flavorful, fragrant, and a welcome change from the bland Western fare. “Vegetarian restaurant” available. This hotel covers all the bases.

The "Poolside bar" was a good vibe. "Happy hour" was a definite highlight. The "Room service [24-hour]" saved my bacon (or, you know, veggie alternative) on a couple of late nights.

Ways to Relax: Spa Day! (Or at Least, Attempt It)

This is where the Shiva Intercontinental really shines. The "Spa," "Spa/sauna," "Steamroom," "Sauna," and "Massage" options were plentiful. The "Pool with view"? Absolutely breathtaking. I indulged! I got a massage!. Now, I’m not sure what they were using, but the “Body scrub” seemed to exfoliate off an entire layer of skin. Totally recommend. The gym, the "Fitness center," looked top-notch, although I only peeked in longingly.

Things to Do:

Outside the hotel, the chaos of Delhi beckons, but frankly, I was more than content to linger inside and enjoy the facilities. "Car park [on-site]" – check. Getting around was easy because of some "Taxi service". The hotel does boast a "Meeting/banquet facilities," "Business facilities," and stuff like that.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter (Sometimes)

The "Concierge" was immensely helpful, navigating the Delhi hustle for me. "Cash withdrawal," "Currency exchange," and "Safe deposit boxes" are essential. The "Laundry service" saved me from looking like a crumpled mess. Plus, the "Daily housekeeping" was fantastic.

For the Kids:

Didn't travel with kiddos myself, but they have "Babysitting service," "Kids facilities," "Kids meal."

The Quirks & Imperfections:

Look, no hotel is perfect. There’s a certain… lack of consistency, a slight air of… disorganization in some areas. The "soundproofing" in my room was only partially effective – I was still getting the muffled sounds of… well, whatever was happening in the hallway. I encountered a stray (but friendly) cat in the lobby, which I decided was a delightful, unexpected touch of local charm.

The Verdict?

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental: It's a mixed bag. There were moments of pure luxury and moments of… well, let's call them "opportunities for improvement." The staff, however, were almost universally friendly and eager to please (even when dealing with my Wi-Fi-related meltdowns). If I had the chance, I'd go again, but knowing what to expect.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but… with caveats. Go for the spa, the food, and the sheer spectacle of the place. Just be prepared for a few hiccups along the way. Embrace the chaos! That’s Delhi for you. Final Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (with a bonus star for the cat.)


SEO & Metadata Breakdown (Buzzword Bingo!)

  • Keywords: Hotel Shiva Intercontinental, New Delhi, luxury hotel, review, spa, accessibility, dining, Wi-Fi, India, travel, accommodation.
  • Key phrases: "Hotel Shiva Intercontinental review," "Luxury hotel New Delhi," "Best Hotels Delhi," "Hotel with Spa New Delhi," "Accessible Hotel India," "Hotel Shiva Intercontinental accessibility".
  • Meta Description: A brutally honest review of the Hotel Shiva Intercontinental in New Delhi! Explore the good (the spa!), the bad (the Wi-Fi!), and the hilariously chaotic. Accessibility, dining, and more, covered in delightful, imperfect detail.
  • Target Audience: Travellers, luxury hotel enthusiasts, people interested in exploring Delhi, those looking for accessible accommodations.
  • Category: Travel & Tourism, Hotels and Resorts

More SEO:

  • Incorporated long-tail keywords (e.g., "Hotel Shiva Intercontinental review accessibility")
  • Used headings and subheadings for readability and SEO benefits.
  • Includes relevant local keywords (New Delhi, Delhi, India).
  • Varied the language and sentence structure for natural flow.
  • Included relevant tags (e.g., #DelhiHotels, #HotelReview, #SpaHotel, #AccessibleTravel).
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Downtown: Unbeatable Luxury & Location!

Book Now

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into the beautiful, chaotic, and probably slightly jet-lagged whirlwind that is… my trip to the Hotel Shiva Intercontinental in New Delhi & NCR! This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram feed; think more crumpled itinerary found in the bottom of your backpack after a week of questionable street food.

Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious Illusion of Rest

  • (Morning - Mumbai → Delhi: Turbulence and Tiny Coffees): Oh god, the flight. Delayed, of course. Sat next to a guy who insisted on telling me about his collection of vintage stamps. (Bless him, I just couldn't feign interest in another tiny winged picture.) Finally, finally, wheels touch down in Delhi. The air…it hits you. Like a warm, spicy, everything-is-happening-at-once hug.

  • (Afternoon - Hotel Shiva - The Grand Entrance (and Minor Panic)): Taxi ride was a wild ride. Felt like I was in a Bollywood movie, a fast one! Hotel Shiva. Gorgeous. Lobby: sparkling chandeliers, impossibly polite staff, and all of a sudden, my ability to string a coherent sentence together vanished. Checked in. Room: Lovely! Balcony? Bliss. Plans to "rest and acclimate"? HA!

  • (Evening - Food, Glorious Food (and Regret): Okay, so I tried to be sensible. Ordered room service: butter chicken, naan, rice. Standard. Then, the jet lag hit. Hard. Suddenly, I needed everything. Another naan? Yes. A samosa? Absolutely. Is that a dessert I can eat at 10 pm? You betcha! The feeling afterward? Pure, unadulterated food coma. (Worth it). The view from my balcony? Midnight Delhi, a twinkling chaotic sprawl. Beautiful. Also, I think I heard a stray dog howling. Charming.

  • (Bedtime - The Great Sleep Attempt): Attempting to sleep in a new time zone felt like wrestling a grumpy bear. Kept waking up. Thoughts racing. Thinking of all the delicious food - and I started to question my choices. Why didn’t I get that gulab jamun?

Day 2: Monuments, Markets, and a Near Meltdown (of the Good Kind)

  • (Morning - Humayun's Tomb - An Oasis of Calm (Temporarily)): Humayun's Tomb! Magnificent. The architectural genius just takes your breath away. I wandered around, feeling a strange sense of peace among the chaos, a bit like the whole trip in microcosm. I almost got lost in the gardens, which would have been blissful, but also a disaster.

  • (Mid-morning - Dilli Haat - Sensory Overload (and a Bargain or Two)): Dilli Haat. A vibrant, bustling marketplace. Incense, spices, silks, and a wave of humanity that almost knocked me over. Found a beautiful embroidered scarf. Haggling is, like, a skill I haven’t mastered! Definitely overpaid a little, but the vendor’s smile was worth it. I may have bought way too much…

  • (Lunch - Local Eatery - Spicy, Wonderful, and Maybe Deadly?): Found a tiny, bustling restaurant. Ordered something… spicy. So. Spicy. Tears streaming down my face. But it was also… incredible. Probably the best thing I’ve eaten. I'm pretty sure I could feel my taste buds singing. Praying I don't end up paying for it later..

  • (Afternoon - Exploring India gate and seeing the sunset): I saw India gate and felt a deep connection with India's independence. I was so tired. But the feeling of community was amazing.

  • (Evening - Hotel Shiva - Pool Side Bliss (and a Cocktail): Returned to Hotel Shiva for a swim. The rooftop pool was a welcome relief. I was feeling like I was getting used to the chaos. I also got a cocktail. Or two. The sunset over Delhi was something else. Seriously. Just gorgeous.

Day 3: Spiritual Journey and a Culinary Adventure

  • (Morning- Lotus Temple - Tranquility (and Dodging the Selfie Sticks): Okay, you’ve probably seen the pictures. The Lotus Temple? Stunning. Pure white, graceful, a moment of peace amidst the organized chaos. The most beautiful structure. Finding space to sit and actually breathe was a challenge. The selfie sticks were a combat mission.

  • (Mid-Morning - Gurudwara Bangla Sahib - The Golden Glow (and the Community Kitchen): A truly humbling experience. The Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, a Sikh temple. The golden dome, the sense of community, the Langar (free community kitchen): a powerful experience. Seeing so many people helping and giving was amazing. We ate with everyone and felt welcomed.

  • (Lunch - More amazing food): I ate again at the Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, and there were so many options. Delicious and I can't even describe how beautiful it was to be part of that community.

  • (Afternoon - Exploring the gardens): I went out to explore the gardens. It was so peaceful and beautiful, and I just wanted to soak it all in.

  • (Evening - (Hotel Shiva) The Great Indian Thali: After experiencing all sorts of food outside, I decided to treat myself. I ordered room service, The Great Indian Thali. It included everything I could possibly want, so I was excited to eat it.

Day 4: The Unexpected, The Unpredictable, and the (Slightly) Sad Farewell

  • (Morning - A random temple): I got lost. I didn't mind. I stumbled upon a temple, and got to meet some amazing people. It felt like I was finally starting to understand a bit about the magic of the place.

  • (Mid-day - The Last Bites of Delhi): A last shopping trip for a present for my mother. Ended up finding an amazing silk scarf- and met an amazing vendor.

  • (Afternoon - Hotel Shiva Farewell): All the goodbyes are bittersweet. I hated leaving the place. I had a spa treatment and reflected on all that I had experienced.

  • (Evening - The Airport (and the Longing for More)): The obligatory Delhi airport experience. The chaos, the smells, the endless lines. Felt a pang of sadness as I watched the city disappear into the sunset. This trip, it was messy. Flawed. Probably a bit too crazy. But honestly, it was all the better for it. I'm already dreaming of my return. Goodbye, Delhi. I'll be back. And next time, I promise, I'll try to learn how to haggle. (Maybe.) And perhaps, just perhaps, resist the urge to order everything on the menu. (Probably not.)

Escape to Pittsburgh: TownePlace Suites Airport Bliss!

Book Now

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India```html

Luxury Redefined: Escape to Hotel Shiva Intercontinental, New Delhi - FAQs (with Chaos!)

Okay, so... Is this place ACTUALLY "luxury redefined?" Or is it just marketing fluff? (Because I'm cynical, okay?)

Alright, alright, Mr. or Ms. Skeptic! I get it. "Luxury" gets thrown around more than a Bollywood dance move. And honestly? Before I went, I was bracing myself for the usual: overpriced mini-bar, staff who are *too* attentive (the type who hover!), and a general feeling of… well, being *robbed* of my hard-earned rupees.

But... here's the thing. Shiva Intercontinental *almost* pulled it off. The marble in the lobby? Stunning. The scent? Divine. The room? HUGE. Like, I could've hosted a small Bollywood wedding in there. (And, believe me, I considered it. Just for a moment. Then I remembered I didn't know any Bollywood people.) They definitely tried to go the extra mile – the little things, you know? Fresh flowers every day, a handwritten note… things like that. Didn't always hit the mark, though. More on that later, because, oh boy, do I have a story about the "handwritten note"...

What's the food *really* like? I need to know if I should pack emergency samosas.

Okay, food. This is important. Samosa backup is ALWAYS a good idea, okay? Just saying. Now, the restaurants… there were a few, and each one had its own personality. One, the one with the Michelin star… I felt like I needed to wear a tie to feel appropriately underdressed. The food was, uh, *fancy*. Tiny portions, artfully arranged on plates. Delicious? Absolutely. But after a week of street food, my stomach was craving something… sturdier.

The buffet breakfast, though? Now *that's* where the magic happened. Seriously. All the naan you could eat. A dosa station manned by a grumpy, brilliant chef. Fresh fruit that exploded with flavor. It was a glorious carb-and-sugar-coma-inducing experience. I may have gone back for seconds… and thirds… every morning. I'm actually pretty sure I gained five pounds from breakfast alone. Worth it. Absolutely.

The *really* quirky story? The room service incident. I ordered butter chicken at 3AM. I was ravenous, in a jet-lagged haze. They messed up the order. Gave me the wrong side dish. I was so hangry, I almost cried. Then, the waiter (bless his heart, he looked terrified) offered to bring me a whole *new* butter chicken. Three AM, people! That's commitment, and I will never forget that kindness. (even if the chicken was still a little too dry, but shhh! My secret...)

The rooms – are they actually worth the price? And do they have decent wifi? (My life depends on that.)

WiFi first! YES! The WiFi was, for the most part, solid. Which is a relief, because my life, professionally speaking, DOES depend on it. The room itself… yes, it was nice. Really, really nice. Like, the bed was so comfortable I almost didn't leave it. (Almost.) HUGE TV. Beautiful view. Everything you'd expect.

But here's where the "redefined luxury" starts to crack a little. First, the lighting system. I swear, it took me three days to work out how to turn off the bedside lamp. Literally. I’m not tech-illiterate, I promise! It was just… overly complicated. And the “butler service?" I tried to use it once. Asked for a fresh towel. Two hours later… no towel. (I mean, it's not a dealbreaker to grab one yourself, but for the price you pay...)

So, are the rooms worth the price? Yes, if you value space, aesthetics, and a super comfortable bed. No, if you're expecting flawless service. However, that bed... I would pay the price to sleep in it again. Seriously.

What about the spa? Did you get a massage? Spill the tea!

Oh, the spa. I have... feelings. Strong ones. I'm a veteran of massages, okay? I've had everything from a Thai massage in a rice paddy to a Swedish rubdown in a… well, let's just say it was a particularly questionable establishment I stumbled upon in Bangkok.

The Shiva Intercontinental spa was… beautiful. Serene. Luxurious. The ambiance was perfect. And the massage itself? Heavenly. Honestly. I floated out of there. They used this amazing Ayurvedic oil, and I swear, I felt years younger.

...Then came the bill. Let's just say, the price of that massage could have bought enough street food to keep me fed for a month. (And I mean, delicious street food!) My wallet winced. But my body… my body was happy. So, yeah. Go. But maybe prepare to have a small panic attack when they hand you the tab.

Any major complaints? Or were you just completely swept off your feet?

Okay, okay, time for honesty. Yes, I was mostly swept off my feet. But no place is perfect, and the Shiva Intercontinental had its flaws. Remember the handwritten note I mentioned earlier? Well… it was addressed to “Mr. James Bond” (Nope, not my name). And there was, ahem, a slight discrepancy on the minibar bill when I checked out. Think of it as a little administrative hiccup. The room service was a little slow. The in-room coffee machine… well, let's just say I think it’s still stuck in the early aughts. (And the staff, try as they might, couldn't master the art of not hovering. I felt watched.)

And this might seem petty, but I spent the entire stay trying to figure out how to turn off all those lights. (See, I told you!) The lighting scheme was like navigating a Byzantine empire. Seriously. A small price to pay, in the grand scheme of things, but still…!

Look, it's not perfect. But it's pretty darn good. If you're looking for a luxurious escape in Delhi, with all the trimmings and a hefty price tag, I recommend it. Just maybe bring a flashlight, a dictionary, and a VERY understanding credit card.

Would you go back?

...Yes. Definitely. Especially for that breakfast. And that bed. And maybe, just maybe, another one of those massages. I'm still dreaming about it. (Also, I have a feeling I could be a little better at those complicated lights, now.)

But this time, I'm bringing my own samosas.

``` Globe Stay Finder

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Hotel Shiva Intercontinental New Delhi and NCR India

Post a Comment for "Luxury Redefined: Escape to Hotel Shiva Intercontinental, New Delhi"