
Chefchaouen's Hidden Gem: Casa Annasr Hotel - You HAVE to See This!
Casa Annasr Hotel: Chefchaouen's Jewel (Maybe with a Few Tarnishes?) - YOU GOTTA See This! (But Pack Your Patience)
Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I'm about to tell you about Casa Annasr Hotel in Chefchaouen, the Blue Pearl of Morocco. And it's… complicated. Really, utterly, gloriously complicated. Think of it as a beautiful, slightly dusty antique – breathtaking but with a few wobbly legs.
(SEO & Metadata - Let's Get This Over With):
- Keywords: Chefchaouen, Casa Annasr, Hotel Review, Morocco, Blue City, Accessible Hotel, Wheelchair Accessible, WiFi, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Moroccan Food, Luxury Hotel, Romantic Getaway, Family-Friendly, Cleanliness, Safety, Value for Money, Best Hotels Chefchaouen
- Categories: Travel Review, Hotel Review, Accommodation, Morocco, Chefchaouen, Accessibility, Dining, Spa, Amenities, Value, Safety
- Meta Description: Dive into a brutally honest review of Casa Annasr Hotel in Chefchaouen! Find out if this "Hidden Gem" lives up to the hype. Get insights on accessibility, amenities (pool, spa, dining), cleanliness, and more. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions!
(My Messy, Opinionated Brain Dump Begins):
First things first, the location of Casa Annasr is ridiculous. Forget that Insta-perfect photo spot, this place is the photo spot. Nestled smack in the heart of the Medina, you’re practically tripping over cobalt blue walls and flower-laden doorways. Seriously, get ready to be overwhelmed by beauty. It's also SUPER easy to get lost, so embrace it! I walked around for at least an hour just soaking it all in. My advice: Lose yourself on purpose.
Accessibility: (Hold Your Breath, Folks).
Okay, let’s talk about the elephant in the blue room. Accessibility. They say accessible. And, technically, they're partially right. The main areas – reception, the restaurant, the pool – are sort of accessible. There’s a ramp here, a slight incline there… but calling it truly wheelchair accessible would be a stretch. The Medina itself? Forget it. Cobblestone streets and steep steps are the name of the game.
(My Anecdote of Frustration): I saw a woman in a wheelchair attempting to navigate the street outside. Bless her heart. It wasn't pretty. The staff were helpful, always trying to help with the ramps, but… I'm just being dead honest, it's not ideal. So, if you're dependent on a wheelchair, do your homework and clarify everything before booking. Seriously. They do have an elevator, which is a huge plus. That said, I'll be honest, the elevators in many places like this can be a bit sketchy. So keep your wits about you and take it slow!
On-Site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges: Yes, they have these, but it's still not perfect. I'd say it is somewhat accessible though.
Internet Access: (Finally, Some Relief!)
Praise be to the Wi-Fi gods! Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And mostly, it worked! Okay, there were a few hiccups (peak hours, the usual) but generally, I had no problem streaming, uploading pictures, and generally staying connected. Internet [LAN] available too. Plus, the Wi-Fi in public areas was pretty good too, especially near the pool.
(A Moment of Mild Rant): I HATE hotels that nickel and dime you for Wi-Fi. So, Casa Annasr, thank you. You get a gold star for this one.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: (Get Ready to Be Pampered)
This is where Casa Annasr truly shines. Talk about a dream come to life. Forget the standard sightseeing, if you love relaxing and being pampered, then they've got you covered.
- Swimming Pool? Oh, it's even better than the photos! The Pool with a view is absolutely stunning. Picture yourself floating in turquoise water, gazing over the blue city rooftops. The Swimming pool [outdoor] area is beautiful and peaceful, although it can get busy.
- Spa? YES! Yes, yes, yes! I'm not usually a spa person, but I caved. And I'm so glad I did. The Spa/sauna felt like a world away from the bustling streets. If you've never had a Body scrub or Body wrap, you might have to try it. I spent an entire afternoon in bliss. Pure. Utter. Bliss. I spent a few hours in the Sauna and Steamroom afterward. I will admit I was a bit worried about getting a Massage at first, but the therapists were professional and incredible.
- Fitness Center? Okay, I didn’t hit the Gym/fitness center, but it's there. And they have Foot bath. (I'm a sucker for a good foot bath).
- Other Ways to Relax? They even have a Proposal spot!
(My Crazy-Happy Anecdote): I spent way too long in the steam room. I lost all track of time. It was so zen. I was definitely a bit prune-y afterwards. I came out feeling like a new person. Seriously, the spa alone is worth the price of admission.
Cleanliness and Safety: (A Mixed Bag, Honestly)
Okay, this is another area where things get… interesting. The rooms were generally clean. The Rooms sanitized between stays and Daily disinfection in common areas. They also use Anti-viral cleaning products, which is reassuring. Hand sanitizer was readily available. They have the essentials!
What I saw of the Staff trained in safety protocol was great. They were following the mask rules during Covid and seemed very intent on hygiene.
(The Anecdote of Minor Concern): The stairs in some areas (especially near the spa) were a wee bit dusty. The exterior corridor, however, was fairly well-maintained.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: (Foodie Heaven… Mostly).
The Restaurants at Casa Annasr are a major highlight. Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants!
- Breakfast? The Breakfast [buffet] was decent, with a variety of options. They have an Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and Buffet in restaurant. The Breakfast takeaway service is available too. Asian cuisine in restaurant and Vegetarian restaurant available.
- Lunch/Dinner? The A la carte in restaurant is excellent, with a focus on Moroccan classics. Western cuisine in restaurant is also available.
- Drinks? They have a Poolside bar and normal Bar too. The Happy hour is great!
- Room Service? Available 24 hours!
- Coffee? The Coffee shop, with some options for Coffee/tea in restaurant.
- Other: Options for Alternative meal arrangement, and Desserts in restaurant.
(My Rave-y Anecdote): The tagines were phenomenal! Seriously, the best I had in Chefchaouen. Order the lamb. You will not regret it. And the mint tea? Perfection. The waitstaff were very good too. Their attitudes were top-notch.
Services and Conveniences: (A Helping Hand… Maybe)
The staff are generally lovely, but service is… well, it can be a bit slow. Concierge? Absolutely! Helpful? Sometimes!
They have basic services like Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Luggage storage, and Currency exchange, etc. However, don't expect lightning-fast anything. Embrace the "Moroccan time" philosophy – things happen when they happen.
Getting Around: (Don't Rely on Public Transport)
- Airport transfer: They offer Airport transfer, which I highly recommend. The drive from Fes or Tangier is long and winding. It's best to let someone else do the driving.
- Car Park [free of charge], Car park [on-site]: They have a car park.
(My Bit of Advice): The Medina is a maze. Taxis are readily available. But seriously, get lost. It's part of the charm.
Available in All Rooms:
- Air conditioning: Oh, thank god. Especially in the summer.
- Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN: Always a bonus.
- Mini bar: Empty. Probably.
- Bathrobes: So comfy.
- Slippers: Essential for a spa day.
- Free bottled water: Nice touch.
- Coffee/tea maker: Very important.
- Wake-up service: Useful.
- Hair dryer: Yep.
- In-room safe box: Always use it!
- Smoke detector: Essential.
- Window that opens: Needed.
For the Kids:
- Babysitting service.
- Family/child friendly.
- Kids meal.
**
Seattle Sea-Tac Airport Hotel: Unbeatable Deals & Amazing Views!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average "perfectly planned" travel itinerary. This is the Casa Annasr Hotel in Chefchaouen, Morocco, through the eyes of a slightly caffeine-addicted, perpetually bewildered, and totally-in-love-with-life traveler. Let's see if I can actually stick to a schedule…or, more likely, completely unravel.
Casa Annasr & Chefchaouen: A Rambling, Messy, and Probably Delicious Adventure
Day 1: Arrival & Blue-tiful Chaos
Morning (But Seriously, When Is It Actually Morning?): Ugh, the flight. You know, the one where you swear you'll sleep, but the crying baby in 17B has other plans? Arrived in Tangier, got hustled into a grand taxi by a guy who definitely knew where I was going (but probably didn't). The road trip to Chefchaouen… well, let's just say Moroccan drivers have a unique approach to lane discipline. Arrived at Casa Annasr – finally! That blue… it actually hits you in the face. Like a beautiful, slightly overwhelming, splash of cobalt. Checked in. The room is… charmingly rustic. Okay, maybe a little cramped, but who cares? I'm in Chefchaouen!
- Anecdote: Almost got completely lost trying to find the Riad. Wandering through the medina, I kept getting pointed in different directions, mostly by cats. One particularly fluffy tabby almost led me to a secret entrance to a bakery. Almost.
Afternoon: Exploring the Blue Maze & Mint Tea Mania
- Explored the maze. The best thing about the medina is definitely not knowing where you're going. Every corner brings something new. A shop selling woven baskets, a tiny donkey carrying a stack of bread loaves, a kid trying to sell me a ridiculously overpriced key chain. Stopped at a cafe with a view and ordered mint tea, but I think the waiter put a whole bag of sugar in there. Still, gorgeous.
- Opinion: Honestly, I think my soul has already turned blue. It’s intoxicating, mesmerizing, and utterly addictive.
Evening: Dinner Disasters & Starry Night
- Found a rooftop restaurant, but it was packed. Ended up at another spot. Ordered some tagine. Oops. It was way too much food, I think I ate more bread than actual food. The waiter seemed mildly annoyed that I couldn't finish it. Watched the stars from my roof. It was beautiful, but the neighborhood dogs are pretty loud.
- Emotional Reaction: Complete overwhelming happiness. This place is a dream.
Day 2: Doubling Down on the Hammam & Spices for Days
Morning: Hammam Bliss (and a Bit of Shame)
- Okay, the experience. Booked a traditional hammam at a place the hotel recommended. The thought of being completely naked with a stranger was intimidating. But, holy guacamole. The actual experience? Pure, unadulterated heaven. Rubbed with black soap, scrubbed the dead skin off my soul, and slathered in argan oil. Afterwards, I felt like a new person.
- Quirky Observation: I’m pretty sure I saw the woman scrubbing me start giggling, then trying not to look at me. I might have a lot more dead skin than I thought.
- Emotional Reaction: This has to be it. This is what nirvana feels like.
- Rant: Why haven't I been doing that every week of my life?
Afternoon: Spice Souk & Unplanned Buys
- Wandered through the spice souk, where the air is thick with the aromas of cumin, saffron, and a thousand other things my uneducated nose couldn't identify. Got totally overwhelmed and bought everything. (Well, almost.) The shopkeeper offered me sweet dates, which was so kind. I ended up buying a rug I definitely didn't need, but hey, it's blue!
- Imperfection: I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these spices. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up trying to make a Moroccan feast back home and completely failing, but who cares?
Evening: Cooking Class & A Hilarious Mishap
- Booked a cooking class. Learned how to make tagine (again!). The instructor was incredibly patient with me.
- Messy Structure: Okay so the tagine was great to be fair, but half the time, I was distracted by a rogue pigeon trying to steal some couscous. I think everyone was laughing at me.
Day 3: Hiking, Pottery, and a Bit of Farewell
Morning: Hiking Disaster…I Mean, Adventure
- Decided on a hike to the Spanish Mosque. The views were supposed to be incredible. Got lost. Again. Ended up walking through a goat farm. Dodged some questionable puddles. Finally, reached the mosque, and the view was incredible. Worth it!
- Rambling: It's funny. I am not a hiker, I am a person who likes to sip tea, but this trek made me feel something.
Afternoon: Pottery Shopping & Cat Conundrums
- Went to a pottery workshop. Watched potters make some beautiful stuff. Bought two bowls that would probably break on the way home. There were cats everywhere. One kept trying to rub against my leg while I was picking out a teapot.
- Anecdote: I almost bought a teapot, but another cat jumped on the shelf, and I'm convinced he was trying to convince me not to get it. He was right.
Evening: Farewell Dinner & Blue Reflections
- Farewell dinner at a different rooftop restaurant than before. Ordered more tagine (I'm a creature of habit). Watching the last moments of sunset over Chefchaouen. The blue of the city is like a deep, beautiful ocean.
- Emotional Reaction: Leaving is going to be hard.
- Opinionated Language: This place has truly seeped into my soul.
Day 4: Departure (And Maybe, Just Maybe, Daydreaming Already…)
Morning: Last Breakfast & Last Blue Gaze
- Had one last breakfast at Casa Annasr. Squeezed in one last walk through the medina to memorize all the blue nuances.
- Imperfection: Forgot to grab any postcards.
Departure:
- Taxi to Tangier. Flight home.
- Internal Monologue: Already planning my return. This is not goodbye. This is "see you soon," Chefchaouen.
Important Note: This itinerary is subject to change based on my whims, the availability of mint tea, and the mood of various cats. Enjoy your adventure, and try not to get too lost… or if you do, embrace it!
Hyatt House San Jose: Silicon Valley's BEST Kept Secret (Luxury Awaits!)
Casa Annasr Hotel: Your Chefchaouen Dream...Or Disaster? Let's Find Out! (FAQs, with Me Being Brutally Honest)
Okay, spill the tea! Is Casa Annasr REALLY as amazing as the Instagram photos make it look? Asking for a friend...who's me.
Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because the answer is... it's complicated. Yeah, the pictures? Breathtaking. Think perfectly tiled floors, vibrant pops of colour, and rooftop views that make you weep. Casa Annasr *does* have those moments. But the reality? Let's just say it's less "flawless photoshoot" and more "charming, slightly quirky, and potentially *very* frustrating." My first impression? Pure, unadulterated "WOW!" Gorgeous. Then the wifi died. Twice. But, seriously, those views… Oh, those views. They almost make the dodgy plumbing seem… well, almost.
What's the *best* thing about Casa Annasr? (Don’t be shy!)
Honestly? The *vibe*. It's got this... this thing. It's like stepping onto a movie set, only you're actually *in* the movie. Seriously, imagine sipping mint tea on that rooftop terrace, watching the sun sink below the blue city... Ugh, I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. It's romantic, it's magical, it's the reason you came to Chefchaouen in the first place. Oh, and that rooftop? Forget about it. Perfect spot for Insta-worthy pics. Just, you know, maybe edit out the construction noise from across the alley...
And the *worst* thing? Be warned, I'm a high-maintenance traveler.
Oh boy. Where do I begin? Okay, high-maintenance travelers, listen up. First, the stairs. If you're not up for a serious cardio workout, you might want to rethink this place. Casa Annasr is a *maze* of staircases. And those stairs? Narrow, winding, and sometimes, suspiciously steep. Pack light! And don't even *think* about bringing a suitcase bigger than a carry-on. Trust me. I learned the hard way, hauling my (overpacked) bag up three flights of stairs like I was climbing Everest. I still feel it. Secondly, the noise. It is a hotel in a Moroccan old town and with that comes sounds. And, finally? The… *ahem*… water pressure. It’s… let’s call it “variable.” Sometimes, you get a luxurious shower. Other times? A pathetic dribble. Bring wipes. You have been warned.
What about the rooms? What are they *really* like?
Okay, rooms. They're… unique. Like, seriously. Each one seems to have its own personality, which is kinda cool, actually. Some are small, some are large, some have balconies, some don't. Some have those gorgeous tiled floors (bliss!), some have… well, slightly less gorgeous floors. My advice? Before you book, *contact the hotel directly* and ask for photos of the exact room you’re getting. And specify what *exactly* you're looking for; otherwise, you could end up with a room directly above the chicken coop. True story, again. I didn't experience chickens, fortunately. But, I did meet some friendly, but very noisy, roosters at sunrise.
The Staff? Are they helpful? Or are they just there?
Mixed bag, honestly. Some of the staff are *amazing*. Super friendly, incredibly helpful, and genuinely seem to care about your experience. They'll go out of their way to give you tips, arrange tours, and help you navigate the chaotic beauty that is Chefchaouen. Others... well, let's just say their English might not be perfect. And sometimes, they seemed a little… preoccupied. But don't worry, if you're a good tipper - and you will be, once you see those views - you should be fine and be able to get the best service from the most helpful staff.
Is the breakfast any good? ‘Cause I NEED a good breakfast. Food is life.
Okay, breakfast fans, listen up! Breakfast at Casa Annasr is… *fine*. Not earth-shatteringly amazing, but definitely good enough to get you going. Expect the usual Moroccan suspects: fresh bread (yes!), jams, honey, some fruit, maybe some eggs. The rooftop setting makes it better – imagine that view with your coffee. It's simple, it's tasty, and it's included in the price, which is always a bonus. But don't expect a gourmet experience. If you’re a serious foodie, maybe bring your own fancy granola.
Okay, so would you recommend Casa Annasr? Seriously. Be honest.
Alright, here's the brutal truth: YES… with caveats. If you're looking for absolute perfection, a five-star experience with flawless everything, then maybe, just maybe, Casa Annasr isn't for you. But if you're looking for an authentic, charming, and incredibly beautiful place with killer views, AND you can handle a few quirks? Then absolutely, YES. Just… manage your expectations. Embrace the chaos. Pack good walking shoes. And be prepared to fall in love with Chefchaouen, even with its imperfections.
My personal experience? Okay, I'll admit it. I was a bit of a mess when I first arrived. The stairs, the wifi, the slightly… "rustic" plumbing… I almost had a meltdown. I even considered moving hotels. But then I got to the rooftop at sunset. And I saw the way the light hit the blue walls of the city. And I sipped my mint tea. And I realized… this is it. This is the magic. And I’m not sure where I’d rather be. Even with the questionable water pressure, I'm going to return. And maybe, just maybe, that’s the best recommendation of all.


Post a Comment for "Chefchaouen's Hidden Gem: Casa Annasr Hotel - You HAVE to See This!"