
Escape to Paradise: Amaris Hotel's Jakarta Oasis Awaits!
ESCAPE TO PARADISE?: Amaris Hotel's Jakarta Oasis - My Unvarnished Truth!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I’m about to spill the beans – and maybe some mango juice – on Amaris Hotel’s Jakarta offering. They bill it as an "oasis," and well, let's just say my experience was…interesting. This isn't your glossy brochure review, folks. This is the real, slightly chaotic, and definitely opinionated account of my stay. And trust me, there was a lot going on.
First Impressions (and Existential Dread):
Getting there was a breeze. Airport transfer? Smooth as butter. They had their own driver, which was a huge plus after a red-eye. Accessibility? Well, the entrance seemed pretty wheelchair-friendly, with ramps and whatnot. But the details… we’ll get to those later. The lobby? Clean, modern, and thankfully, air-conditioned. Jakarta humidity hits you like a brick, so that was a godsend.
The initial vibe was… corporate. Polished surfaces, hushed conversations, and that slightly-too-eager-to-please front desk staff. You know the feeling? Like they’re trying to be friendly but aren’t sure how. The whole thing screams "business trip," not “vacation.” But hey, maybe "escape" for me meant getting away from my actual business life. Or so I hoped.
Rooms: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Odd…
My room? Fine. Functional. Honestly? A little… blah. It had everything on their list. Air conditioning (thank the heavens!), Free Wi-Fi (a must), and all the usual suspects – alarm clock, coffee/tea maker, mini-bar, safe, and a desk. The bed was comfy enough, but I wouldn't say I'm in love with it.
Here's where things get weird. The bathroom? Tiny. The shower? Not much bigger than a phone booth. And the toiletries? Generic. I mean, come on, Amaris! Give me something! A little rosewater, a hint of sandalwood… anything to elevate the morning routine! And though there was a hair dryer (bless), it seemed like it was only on the market to dry small animals, not actual hair.
They advertised "Soundproof rooms" and "Non-smoking rooms," which again, were fine. The blackout curtains were effective, which was vital because I was deep in jet lag. But the room itself just felt… impersonal. This is the first and likely the only time in my life I'll mention the presence of carpet, but it was there.
My room had a window that opened! This is a minor detail, but it's a big deal to me. Fresh air, even in Jakarta (where the air quality is… well, let’s just say it’s character-building), is a win.
Internet: Connected, But Not Really Connected:
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Amazing marketing! Works great. Mostly. I mean, I could stream Netflix, check my emails, update my Insta… the basics. But I needed to do some actual work, and that's where it floundered. It would cut out, give me buffering, then have the audacity to say "Welcome! You're Connected!" Right, and I'm a billionaire who enjoys cleaning toilets. The alternative? Internet [LAN]. I'm not even going to explain that. I'm on vacation!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Rollercoaster of Flavors (And Disappointment):
The breakfast buffet was… serviceable. They offered Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, and an a la carte menu. There was coffee, tea, and your usual suspects. But something was… missing. I don't know. Maybe my usual excitement about a buffet? This was my first sign: It wasn't a culinary masterpiece.
Here's a little rambling about buffet: I LOVE buffets. They represent pure, unadulterated freedom. You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, and nobody judges. But this buffet felt… clinical. Like they were going through the motions. The fried rice was bland. The fruit felt pre-cut and sad looking. But at least they used the best essential condiments they could find.
I tried the coffee shop, but it was more "coffee-like liquid" than actual coffee. The restaurants? Okay. Asian cuisine was… passable. International cuisine? Avoid it. The poolside bar was a plus, though. They had some decent cocktails and a relaxed atmosphere, and it was the perfect antidote to the general business aura. Especially during happy hour, where they had a few deals! My favorite part of the whole food situation? the bottle of water. And they left a fresh one in the room daily! Bless. Honestly, sometimes it's the simple things. It wasn't a bad selection of desserts in the restaurant either.
Things to Do (or Not Do, More Like It):
Okay, this is where things get dicey. "Escape to Paradise" implies… well, paradise! Let's just say my expectations weren't exactly met.
- Pool with view: The pool was outdoors and nice, but nothing special.
- Fitness center: They had a fitness center, but I didn't even bother. Judging from the rest of the facilities, it probably included a rusty treadmill and a broken elliptical.
- Spa: There was a Spa, which gave me hope, but the services were overpriced and underwhelming. I went for a massage, hoping to melt away the stress of Jakarta, but it felt more like a gentle tickle. I was left with the feeling I was there for a business meeting, not a relaxing spa day. In particular, the Body scrub and Body wrap were highly suspect. The Steamroom and Sauna were there, I couldn't be bothered.
- Things to do: Not much. Jakarta is a vibrant city, so there's plenty to do. But Amaris itself didn’t offer much in the way of entertainment or activities.
Cleanliness and Safety: A Mixed Bag:
This is where Amaris actually excels. They were on it with the protocols. Hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere. Daily disinfection in public areas. Room sanitization opt-out available. They had Anti-viral cleaning products, Professional-grade sanitizing services, and the staff was definitely trained in safety protocol. You could tell they were taking the pandemic seriously. I appreciated the effort. They took it so seriously that I had the feeling they were looking for any excuse to get rid of the Shared stationery.
There was CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property. Plus, fire extinguishers and smoke alarms in the room. They definitely take safety seriously.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things (That Matter):
Amaris offers the usual suspects. They had a Concierge, Cash withdrawal, Doorman, Elevator, and Daily housekeeping. The Luggage storage was a lifesaver. Laundry service and Dry cleaning were available, which was nice after dealing with the Jakarta humidity.
Accessibility:
They definitely ticked the boxes. Facilities for disabled guests were clearly available. The entrance was accessible. I didn't test every inch of the property, but they had made a real effort to be accommodating.
Important Notes:
- Cashless payment service: Good to know.
- Invoice provided: Good for business travelers.
- Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Seminars: I would avoid all these things.
- Smoking area: Fine, if that's your thing.
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site] A huge plus in a city like Jakarta.
The Verdict: Is it Paradise?
Absolutely not. Amaris Hotel Jakarta isn’t a bad place to stay. It’s clean, safe, and functional. But I wouldn’t call it an "oasis." It’s more like a… well-maintained motel.
If you're a business traveler looking for a no-frills experience in Jakarta, it's perfectly acceptable. If, however, you're seeking a true escape, a touch of luxury, or a taste of Indonesian culture, then look elsewhere. You might just end up disappointed, like I was, longing for a real escape from the business-like monotony.
Corsicana Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8 by Wyndham!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because here we go. My trip to the Amaris Hotel Bandara Soekarno Hatta in Jakarta… it’s gonna be less “smooth-sailing adventure” and more “slightly seasick ferry ride with questionable snacks.” Consider this your brutally honest, unfiltered, and probably rambling travel itinerary.
Day 1: The Arrival (and the Immediate Regret)
10:00 AM (approx.): Land. Jakarta airport. My first thought? "Wow, it is humid. Like, someone's left the rainforest in a giant ziplock bag." The sheer crush of people… it’s a sensory overload. I immediately feel myself starting to sweat, even though I’m standing still. Why did I think this was a good idea again? Oh right, that work conference.
10:30 AM: Finding my way to the Amaris Hotel. Thank god for the pre-booked airport transfer. I am not navigating Jakarta traffic with a suitcase. The driver, bless his soul, seems used to the chaos. He's weaving in and out of scooters like it's second nature, while I'm clutching my chest and muttering prayers.
11:30 AM: Check-in at Amaris. The relief of air conditioning washes over me. The lobby is… minimalist. Clean, efficient, but a bit… bland. My room? Compact, but I’ve seen worse. Good enough for a solo traveler who just wants to collapse after a long flight.
12:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. (Okay, fine, it's a "cafe." Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the "fine dining" expectations.) I order Nasi Goreng. Always a safe bet, right? It's… edible. Not the best Nasi Goreng I’ve ever had, but hey, it’s fuel. The coffee, however, is weak. Seriously, this is where I draw the line.
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Attempt at productive work from my room. Fail. Jet lag is hitting hard. I manage to send one email, then spend the rest of the time staring blankly at my laptop. The lure of the bed is too strong.
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: A nap. A glorious, albeit guilt-ridden, nap. I wake up feeling dazed and confused but slightly refreshed.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Wandering around the hotel's limited amenities. There is a tiny convenience store. I buy a bottle of water that cost almost as much as my Nasi Goreng, I’m probably just being ripped off. What am I even supposed to be doing here? Everything feels so… bland.
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. More Nasi Goreng (I was too tired to venture out), this time from room service. Slightly better than the cafe version, but still not mind-blowing. I’m starting to question all my life choices.
8:00 PM - Bedtime: Staring at the ceiling and probably regretting even more. It's weird. I guess I should get used to it.
Day 2: Seeking Adventure (and Finding Mostly Uncertainty)
7:00 AM: Breakfast. The included breakfast buffet. It's… adequate. A selection of things that vaguely resemble breakfast foods. The fruit is good, though! Thank God for the fruit.
8:00 AM: Conference day. The first few hours are a blur of presentations and forced networking. I find myself gravitating towards the coffee station. It's a lifeline.
12:00 PM: Lunch with some colleagues. We venture out of the hotel, and into a local "warung.” The food is delicious and affordable. I get a little too adventurous with the chili. My mouth is on fire. "Delicious fire," though.
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Conference, more. By now, the content has just sort of melted into a uniform blandness. I'm starting to feel a bit like a zombie.
5:00 PM: Decide to try the swimming pool. It’s small, but clean. The sun feels amazing on my skin. I spend an hour floating and trying not to think about anything. Pure bliss.
6:00 PM: Outing: I want to explore the area. I decide to explore the neighborhood. I wander around, getting a little lost. It is so hot. I stumble upon a bustling street market. The smells, the sounds the chaos. It's overwhelming, but also incredibly exciting. I end up buying a weird-looking fruit that the vendor assures me is delicious. It's not. But hey, I tried something new!
8:00 PM: Dinner back at the hotel. Too tired to go anywhere. I order another plate of Nasi Goreng. I'm starting to become one with this dish. I'm developing a real relationship.
9:00 PM: Attempt to catch up on more work. Fail. Collapse into bed, thinking about Nasi Goreng.
Day 3: The Almost-Departure (and the lingering taste of Nasi Goreng)
7:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The same as yesterday, but the fruit is still good.
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Final conference sessions. My brain is officially fried.
12:00 PM: Check out. Leaving with a bittersweet feeling. Relief, mostly. But a tiny part of me, the part that's now fluent in Nasi Goreng, sort of wants to stay.
1:00 PM: Airport transfer. Traffic is even worse today, adding to my anxiety.
2:00 PM: Boarding my flight. Freedom! The end of the hotel part of the journey.
2:15 PM: On the plane. I start reviewing my stay in Amaris Hotel. It was a good experience, with a couple of bad parts. Over all, it met my expectations for a hotel, and I would recommend it. At the back of my mind, it's Nasi Goreng. I feel like I will never forget you.
Final Thoughts:
The Amaris Hotel was… fine. Truly. It served it's purpose as a crash-pad. The location was convenient for the airport. But Jakarta… Jakarta is a fascinating, chaotic, overwhelming, and potentially addictive mess. And the Nasi Goreng? A revelation. I miss it already.
Escape to Coastal Charm: Your I-95 Gateway Getaway Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Amaris Hotel's Jakarta Oasis Awaits! (…Maybe?) - FAQ's, Basically My Rants
Look, I stayed there. I have *opinions*. Prepare yourselves.
1. Amaris Hotel? Sounds... generic. Is it *actually* paradise?
Paradise? Whoa there, slow your roll. Let's just say I didn't find a talking serpent trying to tempt me with a complimentary buffet. (Although, the breakfast pastries *were* kind of tempting, more on that dumpster fire later...) It's **Amaris**. It's...an Amaris. Think: Cleanish, functional, and yeah, maybe a tiny bit soul-crushing in its beige-ness. It's not necessarily hell on earth, but it's definitely not the Garden of Eden. More like... a perfectly adequate Jakarta-based Holiday Inn Express, with slightly funkier art (I think?) and a very persistent elevator *ding*.
2. Okay, so what's the *vibe* like? Is it all business travelers in oversized suits?
Alright, the *vibe*. Picture this: You're stuck in the lobby at 7 am, desperately craving coffee. The air is thick with the scent of… well, a faint whiff of something vaguely antiseptic mixed with stale perfume. You see a guy in a slightly rumpled business suit, looking equally as sleep-deprived, furiously typing on his phone. Then, a family with three screaming kids explodes through the revolving door. And then… me, trying to figure out exactly *where* the coffee dispensing thing is located. So, yeah, a mix. Business-y, family-y, and a dash of 'please-just-let-me-sleep-for-five-more-minutes'-y. It's a Jakarta hotel, people. Expect chaos, controlled (mostly).
3. The Rooms - Are they tiny? Because I hate tiny rooms.
Oh, the rooms. They're…efficient. Let’s put it that way. I swear, the first time I walked in, I thought I could probably touch all four walls simultaneously. I mean, you're not getting a suite, folks. You're getting a space. A space to sleep, to shower (the water pressure in the shower, surprisingly, was *amazing*). A space to maybe, possibly, do a little frantic laptop work. Consider it a cozy box where you can contemplate life, provided you don't mind your feet brushing against your suitcase. And the *view*? Well, let's just say I stared at a brick wall. Glamorous. (I did eventually find the TV though... so all good, right?)
4. Let's talk about the food. Is the breakfast buffet actually worth getting dressed for?
Breakfast. *Deep breath*. Okay, so… there was a buffet. Eggs. Toast (kinda stale). Some sort of mystery meat that I'm pretty sure was chicken. And... those pastries. Oh, the pastries. They looked *amazing*. Flaky, golden, promising sugary goodness. I grabbed one. Took a bite. And… It tasted like disappointment and processed sugar. Honestly, I'm still recovering. (I will say this: the coffee was strong. Very, very strong. Possibly the only reason I survived the morning.) So, worth getting dressed for? Maybe. But lower your expectations. Way, way, way down. Just eat a granola bar you brought yourself. Trust me.
5. The Location - Convenient for... which things?
Location, location, location! Amaris' Jakarta Oasis is… let's be diplomatic… *strategically placed*. Close to some things, far from others (traffic in Jakarta is a beast, you know). It REALLY depends on *what* you're there for. Business? Good! Exploring the city? You'll need to taxi or use the apps. Near a bunch of awesome restaurants and bars? …Maybe. I spent a lot of time looking at Google Maps and calculating commute times. Trust me on this, plan your route *before* you leave the hotel. And don't forget to download a ride-sharing app or learn about the local public transportation! This is a city of a thousand adventures!
6. Okay, the Elevator Ding. Tell me. Is the Elevator Ding The Devil?
The Elevator Ding. Oh. My. God. I am not exaggerating when I say this thing burrowed its way into my brain like a particularly persistent mosquito. It was a high-pitched, repetitive *DING* that signaled the arrival of the elevator on your floor. At *any* hour of the day or night. You could be trying to sleep after a brutal day of exploring, or having a quiet moment on the toilet, and BAM! *DING*. It's a torture device, I swear. *DING* *DING* *DING*. Someone needs to find the person who designed that elevator, because they're clearly trying to drive people insane. It's the sound of hell itself! Even now, writing this, I can hear it. *DING*. I still can't believe I didn't jump up and down on the elevator shaft just to make it stop. The worst. Just… the worst.
7. Would you stay again? Be honest!
Ugh. Honestly? If I needed a place to stay in Jakarta and the price was right… maybe. It's not *horrible*. It's just… Amaris. I’d probably bring earplugs. And several granola bars. And possibly a psychiatrist on speed dial. Look, it exists. It’s a place. Is it paradise? No. Is it a disaster? Also, no. It's a functional hotel with a devil-spawn elevator ding. Make your own judgment. But for the love of all that is holy… pack earplugs!
8. Any "hidden gems" or things worth seeking out nearby?
"Hidden gems"? Hmm... I mean, I explored a little bit. Let's just say my "hidden gem" discovery skills aren't exactly honed. BUT, there probably *are* some. I did hear rumors of a decent warung a few blocks over with killer nasi goreng. (I was too afraid to venture out and find out.) Jakarta is full of amazing sights, sounds, and delicious food, but *getting* to it takes some serious planning, because, again, traffic. Look deeper, and you'll absolutely find some amazing spots around the area.
9. Nomad Hotel Search


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Amaris Hotel's Jakarta Oasis Awaits!"