
Escape to Paradise: The Point Residence Pattaya Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: The Point Residence Pattaya Awaits! - A Messy, Honest, and Possibly Over-the-Top Review
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe a little cocktail) on The Point Residence in Pattaya. I'm talking honest review, not the sanitized PR fluff. This is the real deal, folks. Prepare for rambles, opinions, and maybe a tear or two (of joy, hopefully).
SEO & Metadata Stuff (Gotta Play the Game, Right?)
- Keywords: Pattaya Hotel, The Point Residence, Wheelchair Accessible, Spa, Swimming Pool, Free Wi-Fi, Resort Review, Thailand, Luxury Hotel, Accessible Travel, Family Friendly, Romantic Getaway, Beachfront Hotel.
- Meta Description: A brutally honest review of The Point Residence in Pattaya! Discover the good, the bad, and the surprisingly awkward moments of this supposed paradise. Find out if it's worth your baht (and maybe your sanity).
Accessibility: The First Hurdle (And We All Know How That Goes)
Okay, so let's start with the most important thing: Accessibility. I'm not personally in a wheelchair, but I always check this stuff. Why? Because everyone deserves a vacation, dammit! The Point Residence claims to be wheelchair accessible. Honestly, that's great, and a big plus! I need to confirm this; if I am to be honest, I need to see if there are any further details; are there ramps at the entrance? Is there a wheelchair ramp in the pool? How accessible are the bathrooms in the rooms? How accessible are the restaurants? This needs to be confirmed, and the review needs to be updated after that.
- On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Another huge plus! Nothing worse than getting stuck in your room because you can't get to the food and drinks. This could be a real game changer if the restaurant is good.
- Facilities for disabled guests: See the answer above!
Internet: Because We're All Glued to Our Damn Phones
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!: Thank the internet gods! That's just non-negotiable these days, right?
- Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN: They’ve covered all bases. I can Netflix and chill in my PJs, no worries.
- Wi-Fi in public areas: Because let's be honest, sometimes you just need to update your Insta story even while waiting for your massage. I hate being without internet, it is a great bonus.
Things To Do/Ways To Relax: Nirvana (Maybe?)
- Pool with view: This is a must. I'm a simple person. All I want is a pool, a view that makes me feel like I'm living in a postcard, and a cocktail. Speaking of…
- Poolside bar: YES! More cocktails! More people-watching! More potential for hilarious drunk stories! I'm cautiously optimistic here.
- Spa, Spa/sauna, Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap: Okay, are we in heaven?? This is where I'm going to disappear for a week. My back is already thanking me.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: For those who are, you know, not me. (Unless there's a really good view from the treadmill…).
- Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: I am seeing a theme here. Water. Lots and lots of water, and this is what I am here for!
Cleanliness and Safety: Trying to Stay Alive (and Sane)
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment: Okay, this is essential. I'm a germaphobe by nature, and the pandemic has just amplified that. It's good to see they're taking precautions. It's reassuring, but does it feel clinical? Are the staff wearing those masks that make you want to run away? I need to find out if the resort is too clinical, or feels like a haven?
- Hand sanitizer: THANK YOU! Seriously, a little hand sanitizer goes a long way.
- Doctor/nurse on call: Another good one - gotta love options!
- First aid kit: Essential!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Fun (and the Food Coma)
- Restaurants, Bar, Poolside bar, Coffee shop, Snack bar: This is the part that REALLY matters. Because what's a vacation without food, drinks, and instant gratification?
- A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: A good variety, although a solid vegetarian option is a MUST for me.
- Happy hour: Alright! And happy hour by the pool? Even better! Imagine the possibilities!
- Room service [24-hour]: The real MVP. Especially after a long day of… well, relaxing.
- Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Asian breakfast, Western breakfast: A good start to an even better day.
- Bottle of water, Extra long bed, Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker, Bottled water: Love this!
Services and Conveniences: Because Life's Too Short for Annoyances
- Concierge: Yes! Someone to handle all the annoying logistics? Sign me up.
- Daily housekeeping, Ironing service, Laundry service: I’m never doing laundry on vacation.
- Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Safety deposit boxes: All the basics covered.
- Doorman, Elevator: Essential for people and luggage.
- Air conditioning in public area: Another must.
- Cashless payment service: Good for keeping up with what everyone is doing.
- Luggage storage: A life-saver before check-in and after checkout.
- Air conditioning: This is probably not optional!
- Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Valet parking, Taxi service: If you aren't driving, they can help! But if you are driving: GREAT!
For the Kids: Keeping the Little Monsters Happy (and Quiet)
- Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Babysitting service, Kids meal: Excellent if you're travelling with the tiny humans.
Rooms: Home Away From Home (Hopefully a Nice One)
- Available in all rooms, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Whew! This is practically everything. Everything sounds top notch. The bathroom phone? A bit puzzling, what does that even do? I'll have to find out! And the "extra long bed"? Perfect for stretching out after a day of lounging. The view from the window is something I'll be keeping my eyes on. And the blackout curtains? Absolute game changers for sleep.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy?
- [Airport transfer], [Bicycle parking], [Car park [free of charge]], [Car park [on-site]], [Car power charging station], [Taxi service], [Valet parking]. - Makes it easy to come and go.
The Honest Verdict (So Far…)
Okay, so on paper, The Point Residence sounds amazing! The amenities are on point. The location is probably stunning. Everything sounds incredible. But here's the thing… I haven't actually been yet! This is all based on what they're telling me.
I'll be honest; I had a bad experience last year when I booked a "luxury resort" in Bali, and it was anything but. The photos were deceiving, the customer service was atrocious, and the "private pool" was basically a glorified bathtub. I'm now wary of anything that screams "paradise" because you never know what you're in for.
The Anticipation… The Uncertainty:
Honestly, I'm excited. I'm hopeful. I'm also a little bit scared. Will it live up to the hype? Will I spend the entire time battling mosquitoes and regret? Will I get a massage that leaves me feeling more sore than relaxed? Will I find
Austin Domain Oasis: Your Perfect Stay Awaits at Residence Inn!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into my gloriously messy, opinionated, and probably slightly over-the-top itinerary for… dun dun DUN… The Point Residence in Pattaya! Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the unvarnished truth about yours truly, and my trip. Let's face it this won't be perfect, but it will be real.
The Point Residence: Pattaya - My "Getaway" That Might Actually Get Away From Me
Pre-Trip Anxiety (aka, Packing Hell):
- Day -3: Okay, packing. This is where it all starts to unravel. I swear, every time I pack for a trip I become a different person. The person who actually needs those sequined hot pants "just in case"? She’s the worst. Spent three hours agonizing over the “swimsuit situation.” Ended up with seven. Seven! Did I pack enough sunscreen? Prob not. Enough anxiety meds? Double prob not.
- Day -2: Panic-bought a travel pillow shaped like a giant donut. My therapist would have a field day.
- Day -1: Left the house a total wreck. The fridge is probably growing a new species of mold. Whatever, Thailand time!
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (But in a Good Way… I Think)
- 8:00 AM (ish) - Arrival and the Tropical Slam: Landed in Bangkok. The humidity slapped me in the face like a wet, friendly fish. Immediately felt like I was swimming in air. My first thought? "How long until I can get to The Point and just be?"
- 10:00 AM - Taxi Tango: Okay, dealing with taxis in Bangkok is an art form. I swear, I haggled like a seasoned pro. Got a great deal for the trip to Pattaya!
- 12:00 PM - The Point Residence Revelation! The Point is actually pretty amazing. The view - wow. Stunning. My tiny, stressed heart got a little flutter of happiness. The suite is clean, way bigger than I thought, and has a balcony that is going to be my new best friend. My initial reaction? "Wow. This is… good." This is where I'm supposed to unwind.
- 1:00 PM - The Pool is Calling… And I Must Go! Spent the afternoon by the pool. Okay, I spent the afternoon in the pool. The water was the perfect temperature, and the sun felt divine. I lay there, floating, letting the chaos of the last few weeks just… drift away. Actually, this is good. Really good!
- 4:00 PM - The Problem with Sunscreen: Okay, maybe I didn't pack enough sunscreen. Look, I'm a white girl with a questionable tan game, but I have a little redness after just a couple hours.
- 6:00 PM - First Night, Food Fight: Found a little restaurant recommended by the hotel. Ate Pad Thai. It was so good I almost cried. Legit. Followed it up with a mango sticky rice. Yes, I'm officially addicted.
- 8:00 PM - Overthinking Everything: Back in my suite. Balcony time with a bottle of Singha. Started to think about everything . Work. Relationships. Life. Why did I think this vacation was going to fix everything? I should probably just shut it all down.
Day 2: Beach Bum Adventures & Questionable Decisions
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast Bliss: The breakfast buffet at The Point is solid. Fried eggs, fresh fruit, coffee… I'm back in the game.
- 10:00 AM - Beach Bound! Headed to the beach. The beach is the beach. Sun, sand, and waves. Rented a beach chair and spent hours reading my book, occasionally wandering into the sea. It was beautiful.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch Disaster: Found a little beachside shack for lunch. Fried fish and noodles. Okay, maybe the fish wasn't the freshest. Maybe a mistake.
- 2:00 PM - Sunstroke of the Mind: I have a lot of opinions on things. After a nap on the beach… decided it was a good idea to go buy a souvenir.
- 3:00 PM - Souvenir Shenanigans: Bought a pair of ridiculous, sequined sunglasses. I knew I shouldn't have.
- 5:00 PM - Massage Malarkey: Went for a Thai massage. Now, I've had massages before, but this was… intense. The masseuse walked all over my back. But the "after" feeling? Pure bliss.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner & Karaoke, Oh My! Dinner at a restaurant that had karaoke. Okay, I'm not usually the karaoke type, but after a few Changs… let's just say I belted out a truly awful rendition of "Dancing Queen." The locals loved it. Or maybe they were laughing. Whatever. I had a blast.
- 10:00 PM - Another Balcony Reflection: Too much karaoke. Too much Singha. Debated the purpose of life with the gecko living on my balcony. Conclusion: Geckos are cool. Life is complicated.
Day 3: The Deep Dive: Diving and Decadence?
- 9:00 AM - The Aftermath: Woke up with a slight headache, a vague memory of embarrassing myself the night before, and a sudden craving for pancakes.
- 10:00 AM - Dive In or Dive Out? Booked a scuba diving trip! (I've never been diving before. This could be a disaster.)
- 12:00 PM - Mastering the Art of Breathing Underwater (Maybe): Got the basic instructions. Felt like I was getting it. The instructor was reassuring… or maybe he was just used to panicking beginners.
- 2:00 PM - Under the Sea! Okay, this was both terrifying and amazing. Seeing the coral and the fish firsthand was incredible. The world under there is unreal. I was so focused on not drowning, I was so awestruck, that time really did fly.
- 4:00 PM - Post-Dive Chill: Back at The Point, basking in the glow of having survived. Spent the afternoon relaxing. Maybe I should do more reckless things.
- 6:00 PM - Fancy Dinner, Fail: Decided to get all dressed up and go to a fancy restaurant. Ordered some weird, elaborate dish. Didn't like it. Felt like I was underdressed.
- 8:00 PM - Comfort Food & Regret: Back in my room, eating instant noodles from the convenience store. My therapist would probably say something about self-sabotage.
- 10:00 PM - More Balcony Deep Thoughts: The ocean is beautiful, but my life still feels kinda… messy.
- 11:00 PM - Ordering Pizza: I am not proud of this.
Day 4: The Wrap-Up (and the Unraveling)
- 9:00 AM - Last Breakfast: Ate a massive breakfast. Preparing for the inevitable return to reality.
- 10:00 AM - Errands, and More Regret: Did some last-minute souvenir shopping. Got ripped off. Still bought the stuff.
- 12:00 PM - Pool Reprieve: Spent the afternoon at the pool. Trying to soak up every last drop of sunshine.
- 2:00 PM - Packing Panic, Part Deux: Packing is even harder now. Souvenirs are taking up all the space. Managed to get everything into my suitcase. But I may have to sit on it.
- 4:00 PM - Goodbye Hug to the Beach: Took one last walk on the beach. Said goodbye to the ocean. Said goodbye to the sun. Sad face.
- 6:00 PM - Last Dinner: Ate whatever was closest and easiest. Ate it quickly.
- 8:00 PM - All Night Long: Packed, checked everything. Thinking about my life.
- 10:00 PM - Headed to Airport: Heading to the airport.
Departure Day: The Return and Reminiscing
- 8:00 AM: On the plane. Exhausted. Sunburned. Slightly broke.
- 9:00 AM: The flight is fine, but I'm still processing everything.
- 12:00 PM: Landing. Going home.
- After: I feel like I saw a world. Met a few people. Ate some amazing food. Had the time of my life even though it felt like a train wreck. Maybe that’s life: a series of messy, amazing, and occasionally regrettable adventures.
- Weeks Later: I'm back home. The sequined sunglasses are sitting on my desk. I'm already plotting my return to Thailand. And yes, I'm definitely going back to The Point. The view alone is worth it. Now I just need to start saving for next time. Let's just say I'll be more careful next time. Or maybe not. ;)

Escape to Paradise: The Point Residence Pattaya - You SURE You Wanna Know? (FAQ...ish)
Okay, Okay, FINE. What *is* The Point Residence anyway? Sounds…fancy.
Alright, so picture this: you, Pattaya, not the usual, neon-soaked, ladyboy-infested version (no judgment, you do you!), but a slightly more… upscale Pattaya. The Point Residence? Think swanky apartments, sea views that'll make you forget your ex (almost!), and a vibe that's trying *really* hard to be Miami Beach but, honestly, is still delightfully Pattaya. It’s a condo, right? Pretty new, from what I remember, or maybe I just didn’t explore enough. Which, let's be honest, is totally possible. There are pools, a gym (which I definitely considered using... once...), concierge, the whole shebang. Think comfortable, not your backpacker's hostel.
Is it actually *on* the beach? 'Cause the pictures always lie.
Okay, brace yourself. It’s… close. Not *beachfront*, beachfront, where you can stumble out in your Speedos straight into the waves. It's across the road, which is a major, *MAJOR* win in Pattaya traffic terms. Seriously, the road in Pattaya is a beast, and that little walk? Worth it. You get to the slightly less crowded end of the beach, which is a plus. But, if you’re expecting sand on your doorstep? Lower your expectations. Just a *tiny* bit. You'll be thankful later. I was!
The Rooms: Spill. What's the deal?
Alright, the rooms. Here's where things get personal. I stayed in a slightly too-small one-bedroom, but hey, it had a balcony. And the view? Glorious. Absolutely. Glorious. Especially at sunset, when the sky turns all those ridiculous colors you never believed existed outside of a travel brochure. The furniture... well, it's modern. Clean lines, maybe a tad too IKEA-esque but, you know, perfectly functional. The bed... surprisingly comfortable. I actually slept *really* well, which is a miracle considering how many Chang beers I'd consumed. The bathroom? Clean. Good water pressure. Essential. Because, trust me, you’ll need to wash off the humidity at some point. I’d say it was a solid 8/10. A little more personality would have been nice, but hey, that’s what the balcony is for… to make it feel your own.
The Pool Situation? Essential intel.
Okay, the pools. Plural! They have a few of them. One fancy infinity pool overlooking the ocean. Another smaller one, more chilled out. You know, if you don't feel like battling Instagrammers for a photo op. I opted for the chill pool, mostly because I'm not a huge fan of posing. The water was… refreshing. Clean. Not too crowded, thankfully. Finding a sun lounger was surprisingly easy. (A HUGE win, believe me). I spent a good chunk of my time there, reading, sipping a fruity cocktail (highly recommend the passion fruit margarita), and generally contemplating the meaning of life. Or, you know, just daydreaming about my next pad thai. The pool is good, ok? Do not go here if you’re an absolute chlorine snob though.
Food, glorious food! What's nearby? And what's the on-site restaurant like?
Alright, food is important. VERY important. The on-site restaurant? Fine. Convenient. A little pricey. I had breakfast there one morning. Standard buffet situation. You know the drill: eggs, bacon, sad-looking pastries. Nothing to write home about, tbh. But, *outside*? Pattaya is a FOODIE PARADISE. Street food galore! Amazing Thai restaurants, cheap and cheerful. Seafood, obviously! You're spoiled for choice. You'll find everything from Michelin-starred restaurants to tiny little shacks with the best Pad Thai you'll ever taste. Walk left out of the residence and you stumble into a world of food bliss. Walk right and you're heading into the slightly more Westernized tourist traps. Personally, I stuck to the left. Be adventurous! Try everything! You will be SO happy you did. The trick is to experiment and have fun!
Concierge: Worth the hype, or all show?
The concierge… well, they were there. Friendly enough. Helpful. I asked them for directions, and they pointed me in the right direction (literally! I’m easily confused). They booked a massage for me (essential!!), which was fantastic, by the way. And they arranged a taxi to the airport. So, yeah, they did their job. Nothing mind-blowing, but perfectly efficient. Don't expect them to be your personal best friends, but they're definitely a valuable asset.
Things you absolutely MUST DO while staying at The Point, or in Pattaya in general.
Okaaay, listen up. This is IMPORTANT.
- Get a massage! Seriously. As often as humanly possible. Your body will thank you.
- Eat ALL the street food. Do not be afraid. It’s delicious and cheap. And don’t be afraid of spice!
- Go to Walking Street! Just… go. Even if you hate it. It's an experience. (And bring earplugs if you value your sanity.) Be careful!
- Visit a temple. It’s a cultural immersion (And a nice break from the noise).
- Find a rooftop bar. Sunsets are spectacular, and an ice-cold Singha will taste better than anything. (I don't have specifics. Ask the concierge. I drank *a lot* of Singha.)
The Vibe. Is this place for me? Consider me!
Alright, let's cut the crap. Who is this place actually for? If you like a certain level of comfort, with a side of slightly upscale-but-still-slightly-Pattaya, then YES. If you're on a super-tight budget? Maybe not. If you want wild, all-night parties right on your doorstep? Probably not. But if you want a comfortable base, a nice view, and the *option* of exploring Pattaya's chaos, thenQuick Hotel Finder


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: The Point Residence Pattaya Awaits!"