
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream We Motel Getaway in Kaohsiung!
Escape to Paradise: My Kaohsiung Dream Motel Getaway…Or Was It? (A Rambling Review)
Okay, picture this: You’re craving escape. Really, truly needing it. You've been slogging through life, the endless grind, and suddenly… Escape to Paradise pops up. A motel? In Kaohsiung? Sounds…ambitious. But the photos? Oh, the photos. Sparkling pools, sleek rooms, and promises of unadulterated relaxation. Sign me up (or, you know, click the "Book Now" button).
Let’s dive in, shall we? This isn't going to be a perfectly polished travel brochure. Consider it more like… my brain, unfiltered.
First Impressions & Getting There (or, The Arrival Anxiety)
Finding the place wasn't too bad. They do offer airport transfer, which is a HUGE win if you're arriving jet-lagged and disoriented. (This is me we’re talking about). The car park [on-site] was a lifesaver. Driving in a new city? Stressful. Knowing your car's safe and sound? Priceless. They even had a car power charging station! (Which, admittedly, I didn't need, but appreciated the forward-thinking).
The exterior corridor gave off a slight "motel-of-the-movies" vibe, but hey, I'm a sucker for kitsch. The front desk [24-hour] was a godsend, especially since my flight was delayed and I arrived at… ahem… an ungodly hour. The staff, bless their hearts, were friendly and patient (essential when dealing with a sleep-deprived, caffeine-deprived me).
Accessibility - Did I Need It? Maybe Not, But Important Anyway!
I didn't personally need wheelchair access, but I always look out for these things. The website mentioned facilities for disabled guests, which is a great start. I didn't see any glaring accessibility issues, but you'd ideally want to see detailed info – maybe a floorplan? – on their website regarding room layouts.
The Room - My Paradise…or a Bit of a Headache?
Okay, let’s talk about the room, because this is where things get interesting. Honestly, the room was impressive at first glance. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Double check (needed for this light sleeper!). Free Wi-Fi? Wifi [free]? Yes! That's the holy trinity, folks. And the mini bar and refrigerator? Bonus points. The in-room safe box was a thoughtful touch.
The bed was huge (extra long bed – always a plus!) and comfortable, with crisp linens. There was a desk that, you know, I barely used, because who wants to work on vacation? But it was there, and it looked…professional. The slippers were a nice touch. And the bathrobes, well, let's just say I spent a considerable amount of time in them.
However… and there's always a "however," isn't there?
One minor gripe: the hair dryer…it was one of those anemic wall-mounted jobs that took approximately 3 hours to dry my already-thin hair. (First world problems, I know). And the TV, while having satellite/cable channels, was a bit of a confusing maze. (Seriously, trying to find a decent English-speaking channel? Mission impossible).
**But let me rewind. I HAVE to talk about the **bathtub!!!! It was like, *the* selling point. Huge, luxurious, and with… bubbles. This was supposed to be my moment of Zen! My blissful escape.
My first attempt at the whole spa experience was a massive fail. I was so excited that I poured in the bubble bath and hot water without actually checking the plug. FLOODED. Everywhere. The bathroom was so messy it looked like a tidal wave had come through. The cleanup was not great, and I lost all desire of a relaxing bath.
On-site Fun & Games (or, Trying to Pretend I'm Relaxed)
The amenities are where Escape to Paradise tries to deliver. They have the swimming pool [outdoor]. It was… pretty. The pool with view was nice to look at. The gym/fitness centre (I didn’t go, because, vacation) and the spa/sauna (again, didn’t go…I was too busy trying to… not drown my bathroom).
They boast a fitness center, but let's be real, I was there to escape working out. The sauna and spa promised bliss, but…well, the bubbling bathtub incident kind of soured me on the whole "pampering" idea. I did, however, appreciate the terrace for sipping my morning coffee (from the coffee/tea maker in my room).
Dining & Drinking - Fueling the Fantasy (and Avoiding the Food Coma)
Okay, the food situation was… complex. Restaurants? Multiple. The breakfast [buffet] was… well, a buffet. Standard fare: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast. I stuck to the coffee/tea in restaurant and coffee shop and tried to avoid the carb overload. The a la carte in restaurant menu looked decent, but I didn't venture away from the familiar egg-and-toast territory. There was a bar (I'm a fan of a bar) and even a poolside bar, though the day I was there it was a little too windy.
(And, side note: the bottle of water left in the room was a godsend).
They also offered room service [24-hour], which is crucial if you're a lazy traveler like me. I indulged in a late-night snack and a slightly-too-salty soup.
Cleanliness & Safety - Reassuring, But Not Always Obvious (or, The Sanitization Saga)
This is where things get serious in the post-pandemic world. They claimed to have all the right protocols: Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, etc. They had a first aid kit and, thankfully, a doctor/nurse on call (which I didn't need, but appreciate the gesture).
The hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere. They seemed to be taking things seriously, which is always reassuring. I did appreciate the non-smoking rooms, which is essential for someone like me. There were smoke alarms and fire extinguisher, which is good common safety sense.
Services & Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter (or, The Perks and the Pitfalls)
They offered a lot of services. Daily housekeeping was fantastic. The concierge was helpful, but I didn't really put them to the test. The luggage storage was useful for my early arrival. And the convenience store was a lifesaver for late-night snacks (and, you know, those extra batteries I always seem to need).
The elevator was a necessity. The laundry service was great, especially when I had a total clothing catastrophe in my bath-bomb-water-soaked bathroom.
But a word of warning: don't expect too much hand-holding. I had to figure out a few things on my own. Luckily, the 24-hour front desk staff were always there to help.
For the Kids – Family Friendly? (or, Where the Little Ones Might Get Bored)
I didn't have kids with me, but they did mention kids facilities and a babysitting service. They also offered kids meal. I would like to see more detail.
Getting Around – Easy Peasy?
The car park [free of charge] was the BIGGEST win. They had taxi service available, too. I spent most of my time in the motel because I just needed to be alone but I really enjoyed the car park.
The Verdict – Paradise Found? (Maybe. With a Few Caveats.)
So, did Escape to Paradise live up to the hype? In short: Kind of. It had its flaws. The bathroom situation was definitely a low point (the bathtub!). But the comfortable room, the convenient amenities, and the overall feeling of escape were… pretty good.
Overall, this is a solid motel if you're looking for a relaxing getaway with a touch of kitsch and you are looking for a relaxing stay. If you are an expert in bathtubs, the spa is what this hotel is for. And don't forget to bring your own bubble bath, just in case.
My rating? Solid 3.5 out of 5 stars. Would I go back? Probably. But next time, I'm checking that bathtub plug first.
Floresville Getaway: Book Your La Quinta Inn & Suites Now!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this is going to be less "polished travel guide" and more "rambling, emotional rollercoaster with a heavy dose of questionable decisions." My "We Motel Kaohsiung, Taiwan" travel itinerary? Honey, it's less itinerary, more "let's see where the day takes us, and pray the air conditioning works."
Day 1: Arrival (and Existential Dread in Budget Mode) - Or: Finding my Inner (Very Sleepy) Zen
- Morning (like, REALLY morning, thanks jet lag): Landed in Kaohsiung. Everything is… humid. Like, "hair immediately frizzes into a halo of despair" humid. Found a taxi, which smelled faintly of betel nut and regret (probably mostly my regret for booking a red-eye). Arrive at We Motel. Okay, first impression? Looks like a perfectly normal, slightly-above-average motel. Now if you are a frequent traveler, you can tell when a place is going to be "ok" or something extra.
- Breakfast (because, duh): Found a tiny street food stall near the motel. Ordered something involving noodles, mystery meat, and a sauce that tasted suspiciously like liquid sunshine. Ate it standing up, regretting not brushing my teeth before heading out, and silently judging the locals for their effortless chic. I mean, seriously, how do they do it?
- Afternoon: Checked into We Motel. The room? Small. Cozy? Debatable. Clean? Mostly. Okay, fine, it's fine. The free WIFI is a godsend. The bed… well, let's just say I've slept on worse. (I once spent a night on a concrete floor in a hostel, so my standards are probably rock-bottom right now). This whole jet lag thing is hitting me HARD though. Took a nap. Woke up, confused about the meaning of life. Stared at the ceiling for a solid hour, contemplating taking a shower.
- Evening: (Let's call it the "Nightmare of Navigation"): Decided to brave the night market. Google Maps, my supposed friend, led me on a thrilling, hour-long adventure through alleyways and traffic jams. Ended up… somewhere. Found a stall selling what I think were pork buns. Ate three. Questioned my life choices (again). Got lost. Found a tiny, bustling noodle shop, where I ate the best bowl of noodles I have ever experienced in my life. The broth was a symphony of flavor. The textures were divine and this memory? This memory made the night so much more bearable. God bless the noodle gods. Later I found my way back to the motel, exhausted but oddly satisfied.
Day 2: Temples, Tea, and (Maybe) Regret - Or: Striving for Spirituality, Failing, Enjoying It Anyway:
- Morning: Determined to be cultured. Went to a temple. It was beautiful. The incense smell hit me like a punch to the face, in a good way. I felt like I should be more moved, more enlightened, but my brain mainly kept screaming, "Must. Find. Coffee." Took some pictures (because, Instagram), and left.
- Afternoon: Found a tea shop. The shop owner was a very kind woman. I wanted to tell her about my feelings and that I felt like a tourist on a foreign land, lost on the streets, but she did not fully understand my language. The tea was delicious. The shop owner explained about the different teas, their origins, and the proper way to appreciate them. The whole experience was very zen, until I accidentally spilled tea on my new t-shirt. (Sigh).
- Evening: The night market again. But this time, I felt like a seasoned veteran. I knew where to go, what to eat (mostly pork buns), and how to avoid the aggressive vendors. I got a really good "bubble tea" and I managed to navigate without getting completely lost. This time. The whole experience was not as overwhelming as yesterday, and instead, it was like… relaxing. Went back to the motel, and slept like a dead person.
Day 3: The Love River & Last-Day Panic - Or: Accepting the Inevitable, and Buying All the Souvenirs
- Morning: Walked along the Love River. It was…romantic, in a slightly melancholic way. Felt the usual "I should've brought a date" pang, then got over it and appreciated the scenery. Did a little boat ride. Watched everything.
- Afternoon: Panic set in. Realized my flight home was tomorrow. Impulse-bought a ridiculous amount of souvenirs: jade bracelets, a Hello Kitty keychain, spicy snacks (mostly for myself). Felt a wave of intense buyer's remorse mixed with a strange sense of accomplishment.
- Evening: Tried to pack. Failed miserably. Ate some more noodles from the stall near the motel. Contemplated staying in Kaohsiung forever. Decided against it. Spent the evening reminiscing about the best bowl of noodles I had during the trip. (It was truly transcendent.)
Day 4: Departure (and the Sweet Release of Home) - Or: Saying Goodbye to Paradise (and Questionable Food Choices)
- Morning: Woke up, slightly hungover from the previous night's beer. Chugged a coffee. Checked out of We Motel. Said a silent thank you for the air conditioning.
- Departure: Journey to the airport. Said goodbye to the mysterious, humid city of Kaohsiung. Already missing the chaos, the food, the questionable decisions, and the way of life.
- Flight: Sat on the plane staring in the outside. The journey was over.
Overall Impression of We Motel:
- Pros: Affordable. Centrally located. Air conditioning (a MUST). Free Wi-Fi.
- Cons: Small rooms. The "decor" is kinda bland. The water pressure in the shower was… interesting.
- Would I recommend it? Yeah, definitely. It's a solid base camp for exploring Kaohsiung. Just don't expect luxury. Expect to have a good time. And maybe pack some earplugs. You never know when the noodle cravings might hit.
Final Thoughts:
Kaohsiung, and the We Motel, wasn't perfect. I ate too much questionable food, got lost more times than I care to admit, and probably looked like a complete idiot half the time. But it was real. It was messy. And it was absolutely, beautifully, imperfectly me. And you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything. And I will always remember the best noodles I have ever tasted.
Richmond Marriott: Your Dream VA Getaway Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Kaohsiung Motel FAQ - 'Cause Let's Be Real, You Have Questions!
Okay, So... What *Exactly* Makes "Escape to Paradise" Special? Besides, you know, the name?
Alright, fine. "Escape to Paradise" – it’s a name that’s probably been overused, I admit it. But listen, this place is *different*. Forget those sterile, "cookie-cutter" motels. This is where the fun begins. First off, *themes*. Yeah, I know, it sounds cheesy, but they actually pull it off. I'm talking *full commitment*. One room is a friggin' jungle! Like, actual fake vines and stuff. Another? A spaceship. And you know what? It kinda works. It's a commitment to a mood. A willingness to *lean in* to the ridiculousness. Honestly, I went in cynical, and I came out… well, not *converted* to the theme-motel lifestyle, but definitely amused. And you think you *need* a spaceship-themed room? Haha, you *don't know* you need a spaceship-themed room until you're *in* one. My girlfriend, she's a bit, you know, 'refined,' she was actually laughing when she saw the jacuzzi in the room, it was amazing to see a smile.
Are the Rooms… Clean? I've heard some horror stories about motels. *shudders*
Okay, yeah, that’s fair. I get it. Motel horror stories are a thing. Believe me, I've seen some stuff in my travels that would make your stomach churn. So, Escape to Paradise? Surprisingly… yes. Clean. Like, *really* clean. I'm talking no mystery stains, no questionable odors. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, and I survived. The sheets were crisp, the bathroom sparkled, and there wasn't a single creepy crawly in sight. I even checked under the bed (don't judge me!). And that's a BIG plus. Because honestly, after a long day traveling, the last thing you want is to be wondering what's lurking in the shadows.
The "Free Snacks & Drinks" Thing... is that just a ploy? Because I'm always hungry.
Alright, listen closely, because this is important. The snacks are… well, they're decent. Think instant noodles (a Taiwanese staple!), some chips, maybe a small pack of cookies. Nothing gourmet, okay? And the drinks? Sodas, bottled water, maybe some weird mystery juice. But here’s the thing… it's *free*. And when you're already in the motel, and haven’t eaten all day and all you want is quick sustenance… it's a lifesaver. I mean, I'll never forget that one time after traveling to Kaohsiung, I was starving. I was grumpy. Suddenly, a bag of chips and some watered-down juice seemed like absolute heaven. So, manage your expectations – it’s not a Michelin-starred buffet – but considering you're already paying for the room, it's a nice little bonus. And hey, it's better than nothing, right?
What about the Location? Is it easy to get around?
Okay, location, location, location, right? Escape to Paradise is… well, it's in Kaohsiung. It's not *central* central. I hate to break it to you, but you're probably going to need a taxi, a scooter (if you're brave – I am not), or the MRT (train) to get around. But Kaohsiung is easy to get around, regardless. It's not like you're stranded in the middle of nowhere. Seriously though, you could be more central if you wanted, which is a bit of a bummer if you're planning on just chilling out or for a one day trip. But for longer stays? Consider it. And the peace and quiet? *chef's kiss*. I recommend using Google Maps, of course. It’s the way, that's all I am saying.
The Karaoke... Is it as terrible as I fear? Because I have trust issues with karaoke.
Right, the karaoke. This is where things get… *interesting*. Some rooms have it. Some don’t. (Check beforehand, if you're not a fan, or a fan - this is *key*.) If your room DOES have it… well, be prepared. You might find a selection of songs that are, shall we say, *eclectic*. Think Mandarin pop, maybe some classic English tunes. The sound quality? Let's just say it's not a professional recording studio. It's more like a slightly-better-than-a-smartphone speaker. My advice? Embrace the chaos. Get drunk (responsibly!), grab the mic, and just go for it. It's all part of the experience. Or, you know, request a room without it. Your call. We, of course, *went for it*, and it was both a disaster *and* hilarious. My singing skills? Let's just say they haven't improved since the shower's acoustic experience.
I heard there was a REALLY cool room, do you have any stories to tell?
Alright, *fine*. You want the juicy details, huh? Let me tell you about the *spaceship room*. Remember when I said it pulls out all the stops? Yeah... they really did. The bed was a circular monstrosity. The lighting? Futuristic and mood-setting - which, if you choose the right mood, is a *must*. The jacuzzi was a glowing pool of bubbly goodness, like a giant, bubbly alien brain. We spent a whole evening just laughing, eating, and just *existing* in this ridiculous, over-the-top space. I had an epiphany in the jacuzzi about... well, I'm not sure what it was, but the jacuzzi definitely helped it happen. My girlfriend, she normally hates this stuff. But she loved it. Yeah, loved it. I think she even posted some pics on social media, which, for her, is a big deal. It might have been a little corny, but it was *genuinely fun*. This isn't just a place to sleep; it's an experience. It's a chance to let go of your inhibitions and just... *be*. Would I do it again? *Absolutely*. And I’d be the first to get the spaceship room. Hands down.
Overall, would you recommend "Escape to Paradise"? And would you recommend it to ME?
Okay, the big question. Would *I* recommend it? Yes. Absolutely. For the right person. If you're looking for a luxurious, five-star hotel experience? Probably not. Go to the Grand Hyatt. But if you're looking for something fun, something different, something… memorable? Then yes, absolutely. If you can embrace the kitsch, the themes, the slight… imperfections…Hotels Near Your


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Your Dream We Motel Getaway in Kaohsiung!"