Davao's Manor Hotel: Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe Exists!

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

Davao's Manor Hotel: Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe Exists!

Davao's Manor Hotel: Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe Exists – Seriously, I Swear! (A Review, Mostly Honest)

(Metadata: Davao, Manor Hotel, Review, Luxury Hotel, Philippines, Accessible, Spa, Pool, Dining, Cleanliness, Safety, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Best Hotels Davao, Things to do, Davao City, Filipino Hospitality)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Davao and the Manor Hotel… and honestly, my brain’s still trying to process the whole experience. "Luxury" doesn't even begin to cover it. It was like stepping into a fever dream where everything is exquisitely designed and someone keeps handing you champagne. But hey, let's break it down, shall we? Because, spoiler alert, it wasn’t all perfect, which is what makes me feel like I can trust this review…

First Impression: Getting There & Making the Grade (Access & Stuff)

Alright, I'm not gonna lie, getting to Davao is a breeze. The airport transfer offered by the hotel? Slicker than a greased eel. They whisked me away in a comfy, air-conditioned car, and bam, I was at the Manor. (Car park [free of charge], check! Airport transfer, check!)

Accessibility? Now, this is where I'm really impressed and probably where I'd go into my own personal rant about accessibility in the Philippines in general. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did notice a lot of things. Elevator? Absolutely. Ramps? Everywhere. This hotel gives a damn about accessibility. (Facilities for disabled guests, CHECK! Wheelchair accessible, CHECK!) They even had these little… well, they looked like ramps for getting in and out of some areas. So, kudos Manor Hotel, you're doing things right.

The Room: My Tiny Palace (And The Unexpected Soundproofing)

My room? Oh, my goodness. (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone (what?!), bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra-long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, wi-fi [free], window that opens.) OK, I think I covered it all.

It was seriously spacious, with a ridiculously comfortable bed (extra long, naturally). I mean, I sunk into it. They had everything: a mini-bar (because who doesn’t need a late-night snack?), a desk (for pretending I was working), and a ridiculously luxurious bathroom. Bathrobes like clouds. Slippers that made you feel like you were floating. And the soundproofing? Magic. I swear I could have set off a fire alarm and not heard a peep! (Soundproofing check.)

The Wi-Fi Saga: Free is Good, But… (Internet)

Free Wi-Fi in every room is a godsend, right? (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, CHECK!) It was mostly reliable. There were a few moments where it felt like I was back in the dial-up era (a minor, momentary meltdown, let's be honest!), but overall? Solid. And hey, it's free, so I can't complain too much. But could they just hire a tech guy whose name isn't "Gary" and who knows the basics?

Food, Glorious Food! (Dining & Drinking)

Okay, so the food. This is where the Manor Hotel truly shines. This should’ve been called "Food Coma: The Hotel." I'm not kidding. Forget the diet, embrace the delicious.

  • Breakfast: The buffet was a beast. (Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, CHECK!) Seriously, the variety was insane. Everything from fresh tropical fruits to lechon (roasted pig, for the uninitiated) was available. I may or may not have "sampled" everything. There was this one little pastry, I swear to you, that was pure heaven. I think I went back for seconds… or thirds… or maybe… okay, I lost count, alright? It was that good.
  • Restaurants: There were multiple restaurants, serving everything from international cuisine to ridiculously authentic Filipino fare. (A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, CHECK!) I had dinner at the "fine dining" place. It was fancy, yes, but the food was out of this world. And the portions were generous enough that I didn't have to sneak any extra snacks into my room which would have definitely made me feel the guilt.
  • Poolside Bar: The poolside bar was an absolute necessity. (Bar, Poolside bar, CHECK!) Sipping a cocktail while staring at the pool with a view? Pure bliss. Perfect for a mid-afternoon slump. Happy hour? Don’t mind if I do.
  • The Weird Thing: There was this weird little coffee shop, too. The coffee was good, the pastries were tempting, but it was just… there. A bit odd, but hey, more coffee is always a good thing.
  • 24-hour Room Service? Yes, yes, and YES! (Room service [24-hour], CHECK!) Which meant I could indulge in a midnight snack whenever the craving hit.

Things to do, or, How I Became a Spoil-Sport (Relaxation & Activities)

The Manor Hotel is a haven for relaxation. And I took full advantage of it.

  • Spa: (Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, CHECK!) The spa! Oh, the spa! I had a massage that was so good, I almost fell asleep on the table. The masseuse was magic. I could literally feel my stress melting away. Body scrubs? Face wraps? I went full-on self-indulgence.
  • Pool: (Pool with view, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], CHECK!) The pool was stunning. Infinity edge, crystal clear water, and sun loungers that begged you to just… exist. I spent hours there, doing absolutely nothing. Glorious.
  • Fitness Center: Surprisingly well-equipped! (Fitness center, Gym/fitness, CHECK!) I'm not a gym person, but I did manage a half-hearted attempt at a workout. (Hey, gotta burn off those breakfast pastries, right?)
  • Sauna & Steam Room: (Sauna, Steamroom, Spa/sauna, CHECK!) Standard, but effective in a steamy, relaxing way. I had only one little problem where a stranger had to help me, but hey, that’s what a sauna is for, right?

Cleanliness & Safety: Can I Trust Them With My Life? (Cleanliness & Safety)

This is where the Manor Hotel really impressed me. (Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, CHECK!)

I mean, they were obsessed with cleanliness, and after the last few years, I felt safe. The staff were meticulous, from the common areas to my room. They even sanitized your items. I saw people taking their temperature and they were all wearing their masks. It was a relief to be in a place that took safety seriously.

They had all the usual stuff: hand sanitizer everywhere, staff wearing masks (and actually wearing them properly!), and clear signage about social distancing. But the real kicker? They had professional-grade sanitizing services. I felt like I was living in a bubble of cleanliness.

The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because Nothing's Perfect)

Okay, so it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. I said I'd be honest.

  • The Internet Glitch: I already mentioned the occasionally dodgy Wi-Fi. Could be improved.
  • The Service "Hiccup": (A small detail) One evening, I ordered room service and they forgot the fork. The HORROR! I mean, come on! Thankfully, it was quickly remedied, but it was still a momentary blip in the otherwise flawless service. But hey, it gave me a bit of a story.
  • **The Price
Escape to Paradise: Montauk's Driftwood Oceanfront Resort Awaits

Book Now

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your pristine, perfectly-planned travel log. This is my Davao experience at The Manor Hotel, and let's just say… it was less "smooth sailing" and more "slightly-tipsy-on-a-bumpy-boat ride, but loving it."

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pillow Conspiracy (or, My Battle with the Hotel’s Aircon)

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival Drama: Landed in Davao. The heat hit me like a damn wall. My brain melted faster than a popsicle in a sauna. The airport? Fine. Efficient even. But then the taxi ride… let’s just say the driver’s definition of "air conditioning" and my definition were wildly different. I swear, I was sweating more than a politician at a press conference.

  • 2:00 PM - Manor Mania! Finally at The Manor. It's… grand. Like, seriously, it has this "old money, slightly dusty, but still charming" vibe. Check-in was a breeze, thank God, because my will to live was already evaporating. The room? Clean. Nice. Until I tried the aircon. It was a personal vendetta, I swear. It either blasted arctic winds directly at my face or barely emitted a puff of air. Hours I spent adjusting the damn thing. The pillow situation was a whole other level of drama. They were… fluffy. Too fluffy. I felt like my head was sinking into a cloud of cotton candy. Conspiracy? Maybe. Overreaction? Absolutely. But I was tired and cranky and needed SLEEP.

  • 3:30 PM - Pool Side Ponderings (and a near-disaster with a mango shake): The pool looked inviting. I plunged in. Bliss! For about 10 minutes. Then the sun decided to personally roast my pale, northern European skin. Retreating to a shaded spot, I ordered a mango shake. "Ahhh," I thought, "Paradise." Wrong. One rogue ice cube decided to embark on a solo mission up my nose. Cue the choking, sputtering, and mortified glances from the other guests. This, my friends, is how my vacation began.

  • 7:00 PM - Dinner Debacle (and the fried chicken of my dreams): Dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was starving. And exhausted. I went for the safe option: fried chicken. OMFG. I kid you not, it was the best fried chicken I've ever had in my life. The skin was crispy, the meat was juicy, and I devoured every single piece with the grace of a starving goblin. (No shame, people. No shame.) I ordered a second plate. The staff, bless their hearts, seemed unfazed by my utter lack of decorum. The waiter even gave me a sympathetic smile and fetched me extra napkins. He knew. The man knew.

  • 9:00 PM - Air Conditioning Anarchy Round 2: Back to the room… the aircon continues its reign of terror. Finally, after much finagling, it seemed to settle on a tolerable temperature. Barely. I passed out.

Day 2: Samal Island and the Sea of Second-Guessing

  • 7:00 AM - Breakfast and Brief Brilliance: Breakfast buffet! Eggs, bacon, fruit… standard. But the coffee? Surprisingly decent. This gave me a false sense of optimism.

  • 8:00 AM - Island Fever! A day trip to Samal Island. Ferry ride was fine. Beautiful, even. Crystal-clear water. Honestly? Stunning. Everything was perfect. I was even feeling my zen thing…

  • 9:00 AM - The Beach and the Burning Regret (or, Why Sunscreen is Your Friend): The beach trip was perfect. So I was happy. After all. I spent a glorious hour or so soaking up the sun, but my zen attitude was short-lived. I'd forgotten sunscreen. I mean, completely forgotten. That evening? The pain was excruciating. I resembled a boiled lobster. The aircon in my room became my bitter enemy. My fault. All my fault.

  • 12:00 PM - Lunch at a Beach Shack (and a Lesson in Humility): Had lunch at a small beach shack. The food was… rustic. Let's leave it at that. I ended up eating a mango that was so sour it puckered up my face, though for a moment I thought I was going to be sick.

  • 2:00 PM - Snorkelling Snafus (and the underwater chaos of a clumsy human): I tried snorkelling. Let's just say I’m less "aquatic goddess" and more "clumsy human flailing in the water." I swallowed half the ocean, nearly choked on the snorkel, and somehow managed to kick a poor, innocent fish in the face. My grace is unmatched.

  • 6:00 PM - The sunset. The healing. The aircon victory. The sunset from the ferry was spectacular. Truly. It almost managed to erase the memory of my sunburn, and all those second-guesses I'd had all day. I was going to make it out alive. And the aircon? Finally, finally, it was working perfectly. I’d won! (For now…)

Day 3: City Exploration and the Farewell Fried Chicken

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast and a bit of Davao city: Exploring the city! The Durian candy? Not a fan. (Smells like dirty socks, tastes… vaguely of burnt popcorn.) But the people? Absolutely lovely. Warm, friendly, always smiling.

  • 1:00 PM - Last Meal, Best Meal: Back at the Manor, and I knew what I had to do. One last plate of fried chicken. It was even better this time. Maybe it knew I was leaving. Maybe it was the perfect goodbye. Sniff.

  • 3:00 PM - Check-out and the emotional rollercoaster: Check-out: smooth. The staff? Wonderful, kind, and they even seemed to understand my aircon struggles (probably because they'd dealt with them a million times before).

  • 4:00 PM - Airport. Going home. Realising I've already planned my return.

Final Thoughts:

The Manor Hotel? It was charming, a bit quirky, and definitely had its moments. Did the aircon almost drive me to the brink of madness? Yes. Did I embarrass myself on multiple occasions? Absolutely. But would I go back? One hundred percent! Davao? Beautiful. The people? Wonderful. And the fried chicken? Forever in my heart. So, if you're looking for a perfectly polished, predictable trip, maybe Davao isn't for you. But if you're up for a little adventure, a few laughs, and the chance to discover the best fried chicken of your life? Book that flight. You won’t regret it. Even the aircon struggles are worth it. (Maybe.)

Opal Sands Clearwater: Florida's Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines```html

Okay, spill it. Is The Manor Hotel *really* as ridiculously luxurious as the pictures suggest, or is it all smoke and mirrors? I’m talking honest truth, not some brochure BS.

Alright, alright, the truth? Okay, so I've seen a few *really* nice hotels in my time, and let me tell you, The Manor? It's… well, it’s like stepping into a different world. Think less "smoke and mirrors" and more "smoke filled with actual artisan-roasted coffee beans and the faint scent of imported lavender." Seriously. The pictures? They’re good, but they *don’t* do it justice. My jaw actually *dropped* when I walked in. First impression? Wow. Like, *wow* wow. It's opulent, sure, but it's also got this… warmth? I dunno, maybe it was the ridiculously soft carpet under my feet (which, by the way, I almost walked around barefoot for the whole stay – pure bliss), or maybe it was that incredibly welcoming staff. And the rooms? Oh, the rooms. Let's just say I may or may not have spent a solid hour just *bouncing* on the king-sized bed. Don't judge me!

Let's get practical. What's the damage? Is this a "mortgage your house" kind of luxury, or is it… attainable by the average Joe/Jane?

Okay, let's be real. This isn't your average budget backpacker joint. It's not *cheap*, by any stretch of the imagination. But “mortgage your house?” Nah, thankfully not. Look, the prices fluctuate depending on the season, and what room you get, but generally speaking, it's… a splurge. A *worthwhile* splurge, if you ask me. Think of it like this: you're paying for the experience. The pampering. The *not* having to worry about the state of your bathroom. The *knowing* that someone is already there to help with your luggage. You *are* paying for a high-quality experience, and it does feel, genuinely, worth every peso. Sometimes, I feel you get what you pay for.

The pool… is it Insta-worthy? Be honest. Because I have a *reputation* to uphold.

The pool? Oh, honey, the pool is *everything*. It’s not just Insta-worthy; it's *Instagram-obsession-inducing*. Think turquoise water (seriously, it just *shimmers*), perfectly manicured landscaping, and strategically placed loungers that practically *beg* you to unwind. I spent a good chunk of my time there, let's just say. And the best part? They have pool service. Yes, you read that right. You're lounging around, sipping on a cocktail (which, by the way, are expertly crafted), and someone is bringing you fresh towels and refilling your water glass. It's… dangerous. You might never want to leave. And I didn’t want to. I felt totally relaxed. You get so much value!

Okay, but what about REAL life? What if I mess up the room somehow? Are they going to start yelling at me?

Okay, so here's a confession. I, uh... I may have accidentally spilled a little bit of red wine on the pristine white sheets. (Don't judge me, it was a particularly *vigorous* toast.) Now, I totally panicked. Visions of massive cleaning bills and shame danced in my head. But you know what happened? Absolutely nothing. They were *so* understanding. They just smiled, said they’d take care of it, and sent a note (with chocolates!) later wishing me a good night. That, my friends, is the definition of service. This is just such a relief! I'm sure I was not the worst guest. The staff is very, very professional and know exactly what to do.

Tell me about the food. Because a beautiful hotel is nothing without amazing eats. What are the restaurants like?

Oh, *the food*. Listen, I’m a foodie, okay? And I’m here to tell you, The Manor does *not* disappoint. They really get it. The main restaurant? (Ugh, I already forgot the name. Let's just call it "The Fancy One" for now.) It’s elegant, the menu is divine, with a heavy emphasis on fresh, local ingredients. The breakfast buffet is a whole *experience* in itself. Prepare for a serious food coma. I’m talking mountains of fresh fruit, pastries that melt in your mouth, and made-to-order omelets. I may or may not have gone back for seconds… and thirds. Okay, maybe fourths. Oops! There's also a place more casual, ideal for a quick lunch. Again, the food is fantastic! But I have to admit, while the food was spectacular, sometimes the service, particularly at the breakfast buffet, felt a *little* slow. Not terrible, mind you, but a bit of a wait to get that second cup of coffee. Minor quibble, though. Overall, the food situation is excellent, and really elevates the whole experience.

Any quirky or memorable things I should look out for? Like, secret gardens, hidden bars, something that's not on the brochure?

This is where the *real* fun is, my friend! Okay, so I'm not going to blow all the secrets, but yes, there are a few hidden gems. The gardens are actually even prettier in real life. Seriously, bring your camera. Explore! See what you stumble across! There's something about the way the light catches the leaves… and for a while I just wanted to stay there. I also discovered (and I'm not sure this is *supposed* to be a secret, but still) a cozy little nook with comfy chairs, which is the PERFECT spot if you want to read a book and have a little quiet time. It's *heaven*. I almost didn't tell you that. I don’t want it to get overcrowded. Ah, yes! Don't miss the spa. It's pure indulgence, and well worth it. It's just a perfect experience.

Alright, what's the *one* thing you'd change, if anything, about The Manor? Because perfection doesn't exist. (Right? Right.)

You know, that's a tough one. Because, honestly, I loved it. However… if I *had* to nitpick, I’d say maybe a slightly faster Wi-Fi in the rooms. (Gotta stay connected, you know? Even in paradise. A *working* wifi is just a must.) Also, I wish there were more outlets near the bed. Because I brought all my devices and constantly wanted to recharge without having to climb out. But it really is nitpicking. Honestly, that's about it. I had such a great time. Okay, maybe I’d also want the stay to be FREE! (I can dream, can't I?). Honestly, these are *tiny* issues. I can't complain. And I’m not complaining. The Manor is basically a dream.

``` Hotel Near Me Search

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

The Manor Hotel Davao Davao City Philippines

Post a Comment for "Davao's Manor Hotel: Luxury Getaway You Won't Believe Exists!"