Whistler's BEST Kept Secret: Marketplace Lodge - Unbelievable Views!

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Whistler's BEST Kept Secret: Marketplace Lodge - Unbelievable Views!

Whistler's "Secret"? More Like a Whispered Promise: My Chaotic Love Affair With Marketplace Lodge

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the glacial tea on Whistler's Marketplace Lodge - Unbelievable Views!. And let me tell you, “unbelievable” barely scratches the surface. (Though, let's be real, "secret" is a bit of a stretch considering how many people were literally there, but hey, marketing, right?). I just got back, and my brain is still buzzing from the altitude (and maybe a few too many après-ski beers).

First things first: Accessibility. Okay, I’m not in a wheelchair, so I can't personally vouch for every inch of the place. HOWEVER, from what I saw, it looked damn good. The website made a big show of its accessibility features, and the lobby, with its massive windows showcasing the…well, the unbelievable views…was definitely easy to navigate. There's an elevator, which is a godsend after a day on the slopes. I saw a few folks using wheelchairs and mobility aids, and they seemed to be handling things just fine. So, thumbs up on that front.

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Didn’t notice any specifically labelled as "accessible" (which, I'm told, is a bit of a bureaucratic hurdle), but the doorways seemed wide enough in the main restaurant, and there was certainly space to maneuver. The vibe felt relaxed and accommodating. Didn't see anyone struggling, which is a good sign, right?

Internet access… Oh, the Internet! Look, let's be real, in the mountains, good Wi-Fi is essential. You need to upload those epic GoPro shots, Instagram your après-ski cocktails, and, you know, occasionally pretend to work. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! YES! Glory be! Worked flawlessly. I got zero complaints other than the fact, I really should have been working I was having too much fun. You get Internet access [LAN] as well, so if you're old-school like my dad, you are covered. They also provide Internet services, which I assume means they can get techy if you have issues? I just used the regular Wi-Fi, though. Didn't need any hand-holding, thankfully. The Wi-Fi in public areas was also strong and stable, unlike my balance on the bunny hill…

Things to do, Ways to Relax: A Whirlwind of Wonderful! Okay, this is where things get ridiculous. First off, the Pool with a view. I mean, come on. Picture this: snow-capped mountains, sparkling water, and you, blissfully soaking in a pool that’s somehow even more breathtaking than the scenery outside. Seriously, I think I spent half my trip just staring at the view from the pool. (And the other half skiing, obviously, or maybe drinking hot chocolate afterwards. I’m not judging myself too harshly.) They also have a Sauna, Spa, Spa/Sauna, Steamroom all to get you warmed up again after playing in the snow. I didn’t try out all of them, but based on the crowds lining up, I'd say they are good. There's even a Foot bath and Massage, yes please!

The Fitness center was also surprisingly well-equipped. I intended to use it, I swear! But all those delicious après-ski beverages… and let's be honest, the views… I ended up skipping the gym and enjoying the Pool with a view and that Sauna even more. I did see other people who seemed to enjoy the Gym/fitness, so if you have more willpower than a caffeinated hummingbird, go for it! They also offer Body scrub and Body wrap if those are your things.

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic-Proof Paradise? This is the part where I gotta give Marketplace Lodge some serious props. They were obsessed with cleanliness. And I mean OBSESSED. They were using Anti-viral cleaning products, and I got the feeling I was a walking biohazard because of how often I saw someone wiping things down. Rooms sanitized between stays? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Double-check. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol? They knew their stuff, that’s for sure. I felt safer there than I do at my own home honestly, which is saying something. I didn't need the Room sanitization opt-out available, because I had a feeling they would never let me. They provided Individually-wrapped food options, and they even have Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, so you're safe even going out of your room. Hot water linen and laundry washing meant no worries for my clothes.

My only quibble? The Physical distancing of at least 1 meter made it a little harder to get friendly with the other guests, but hey, safety first, right? The Safe dining setup was thoughtful, and seemed to work well. They even offered Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, which were game changers for my late mornings. The Cashless payment service was super convenient! Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly Delicious)

Okay, let's talk food. And booze. Because, well, Whistler. The Restaurants were a definite highlight. The main dining room had a Buffet in restaurant for breakfast, which was a solid start to the day. They had Breakfast [buffet], Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, you name it! The croissants were divine. (I may or may not have snuck a few back to my room…)

They also have an A la carte in restaurant. (A bit pricey, but hey, you're in Whistler!) They offered all kinds of stuff – Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, coffee/tea in restaurant… The Asian cuisine in restaurant was surprisingly good. They had a Desserts in restaurant. The Vegetarian restaurant seemed to be a big hit. And of course, there’s a Poolside bar – essential for those post-ski drinks! They even offered a Bottle of water. Honestly, the Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver a few times, especially after a long day on the slopes. They had a Happy hour that was definitely a popular spot.

I didn’t sample everything on the menu, but what I did try was generally delicious. My only real complaint? Sometimes, the service was a touch slow, but hey, I was on vacation, and the view made up for it.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

Marketplace Lodge is the type of place where they've thought of everything. Air conditioning in public areas was a lifesaver, since the sun was brutal. The Concierge was helpful with recommendations and bookings. The Daily housekeeping was efficient. The Dry cleaning and Laundry service were appreciated after all the skiing and snow. They even have a Convenience store. They have Meeting/banquet facilities, and Meetings, Seminars, and Meetings stationery. It also provides Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, On-site event hosting, and Outdoor venue for special events. Facilities for disabled guests, check! Cash withdrawal, check! Invoice provided, check!

For the Kids, Babysitting service

I'm not traveling with kids, but they seemed to have a pretty good set-up for families.

About My Room… (Ah, Sweet Solitude!)

My room, oh sweet, sweet room. It had a Wi-Fi [free] and Air conditioning. The bed had the Extra long bed. I could see all sort of the Safety/security features. (I'm a bit of a paranoid sleeper!)

Here's where things got interesting: As soon as I checked in, the view from my window slapped me in the face. Literally. Like, "HOLY MOLY, IS THAT REAL?!" kind of slapped. I spent the first hour just staring out the Window that opens, mouth agape. They put a Complementary tea and bottled water. I had my own Bathrobes and Slippers. Everything was perfect.

The room was clean, comfortable, and well-equipped. Sure, the coffee maker wasn’t the fanciest, but who cares when you have that view? The Non-smoking rule was strictly enforced, which was a good thing. The Blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in after a late night out. I didn't even use the Additional toilet!

I can't say enough about how much I loved that room. Getting Around: So Easy, Even I Could Do It (Almost)

Airport transfer. Yup. Car park [free of charge]. Yup. Taxi service. Yup. Valet parking. If you have a fancy car, sure! I stuck to the free parking and walked everywhere. The whole complex is set up for easy access. CCTV in common areas. CCTV outside property. I felt very safe.

The Verdict? Go, Now. Seriously.

Marketplace Lodge is genuinely

Longmont's Hidden Gem: Wyndham Super 8 Del Camino Review (Firestone, CO)!

Book Now

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Alright, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're about to dive headfirst into my Whistler adventure at Marketplace Lodge. Forget the perfectly-polished travel blogs, we're going REAL. This is gonna be my mess, my joy, and my potential for a full-blown melt-down all rolled into one.

Whistler Shenanigans: A Messy Itinerary (with a Healthy Dose of Hilarity)

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic (aka "Where's the Freaking Grocery Store?")

  • 1:00 PM: Touchdown in Vancouver! YES! (Insert air punch and a silent prayer to the travel gods). Okay, border crossing done, rental car secured (a slightly less-than-pristine Subaru, but hey, it'll get us there, right?). Now, the blissful drive up the Sea-to-Sky Highway. Seriously, the views? Chef's kiss. The road? Challenging, but manageable. My first real moment of dread, that a full of cars are blocking the road.
  • 3:30 PM: Arrive at Marketplace Lodge. Check-in went smoother than expected – the staff here are actually nice! My room? Cozy, a little dated, but clean. Success! Immediate wave of relief. Then…panic. Where the hell is a grocery store? I NEED FOOD. Now.
  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Hunt for Groceries. Turns out, the grocery store is not exactly walking distance. A brisk walk through the village to find a store. Found a decent grocery store. Snapped because no one knows where anything is. Grab a coffee and a muffin. Back to the room to actually start unpacking.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Decided on a casual, lazy dinner at a pub near the lodge. Food was alright, a little over priced and a bit loud for my taste. Ended up feeling slightly underwhelmed but happy to be out of the room.
  • 9:00 PM: Collapse into bed. Exhausted, but happy.

Day 2: Skiing (or, the Great Fall of '24)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up with a jolt because the sun's doing that thing where it just shoves itself into your eyes. Coffee, coffee, coffee. Gotta fuel the beast. Or, you know, fuel the human who's about to attempt skiing.
  • 8:00 AM: Hit the slopes! Found a ski rental place surprisingly easy. The weather is perfect for skiing. I've only skied - like, twice in my life. Big mistake to skip the beginner run.
  • 9:00 AM - Noon: The Great Fall of '24. Okay, maybe not that dramatic. But I definitely ate it. A lot. Managed to get up the bunny hill, at least. The bunny hill is terrifying.
  • Noon: Lunch at the slope-side cafeteria. The food is expensive, the line is chaotic, but the view… worth it. Warming up with a hot chocolate. Stare out to the distance for a moment.
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: More skiing. More falling. More giggling (mostly at myself). Start to feel a tiny bit more comfortable.
  • 3:00 PM: Sore legs, a bruised backside, and a massive grin. I've survived! Head back to the lodge and relax.

Day 3: Lost and Found & Peak 2 Peak Panic

  • 9:00 AM: Attempt to sleep in. Fail. Decide to hike.
  • 9:30 AM: Realize I left my phone somewhere on the hike. Panicked mode activated.
  • 10:00 AM: Try to retrace my steps. Get lost in the beauty of Whistler, and spend less time in the moment and more time getting anxious.
  • 11:00 AM: Give up, and make a stop in the lodge. The staff helped me find the hike, but still lost my phone. Back to worrying.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at the lodge's cafe. The food is mediocre but its the only place to eat.
  • 2:00 PM: Decided to get tickets to the Peak 2 Peak Gondola. The idea seemed thrilling, the reality? Terrifying. The views are spectacular. In the moment, I nearly lost my mind.
  • 3:00 PM: After the adrenaline rush, I felt a sense of accomplishment. It was amazing.
  • 4:00 PM: Quiet evening, and a final dinner

Day 4: Departure & The Sad Truth

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up with a renewed sense of sadness.
  • 9:00 AM: Pack. It's always so difficult when it feels like you just started.
  • 10:00 AM: Check out. Give the staff a nod and a thank you.
  • 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Drive back to Vancouver. The Sea-to-Sky Highway is just as gorgeous as it was on the way up.
  • 1:00 PM: Drop off the rental car.
  • 2:00 PM: Arrive at the airport.
  • 3:00 PM: Waiting at the airport, and reflecting on the trip.
  • 4:00 PM: Say goodbye to whistler.

Whistler Scorecard:

  • Falling on the slopes: Multiple times, still smiling
  • Grocery shopping survival: Miraculous.
  • **Peak 2 Peak: ** Still alive and in one piece
  • Overall Vibe: Stressful but beautiful

Final Thoughts:

Whistler, you magnificent beast. You kicked my butt, made me laugh, and showed me beauty I didn't know existed. I’m leaving utterly exhausted but also completely exhilarated. I'm pretty sure I need a vacation from this vacation. But, you know what? I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. Maybe next time, I'll learn how to ski. Or, you know, at least stay upright. Cheers to the adventure! This is a good life.

Oklahoma City's Hidden Courtyard Gem: Northwest Oasis Awaits!

Book Now

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) CanadaOkay, buckle up, buttercup. We're diving headfirst into the glorious, messy, and sometimes baffling world of FAQs… with a schema twist! Prepare for a verbal rollercoaster. ```html

Okay, so what *IS* this thing anyway?! Like, what are we even talking about?

Alright, deep breaths. This is… well, it’s a giant FAQ! Frequently Asked Questions. Except, instead of just listing them, we’re gonna have some fun with it. Think of it as a conversational FAQ, like you're hanging out with someone who *kinda* knows what they're talking about, occasionally waffles, and has strong feelings. We're diving into... questions. And potentially answers. Maybe some side stories. The kitchen sink, really. Brace yourself.

Why are we doing this? Isn't a chatbot easier?

Ugh, chatbots. They're so… predictable. “I cannot answer that.” Blah. We're doing this because… well, *I* find this more interesting. Plus, it's more personal, right? You get a *feeling* for the person answering, the personality behind the words. And maybe, just maybe, you'll learn something. Or at least get a good laugh. Or a good cry. Either is good! Mostly, it's because the other option felt incredibly boring.

So, what kind of questions are we *actually* answering?

That's the fun part, isn't it? We’ll cover everything and anything! Big questions, small questions, silly questions… like, "Is a hotdog a sandwich?" (The answer is yes, fight me.) We might jump to the meaning of life every now and then, and probably back-pedal like a crazy person when we realize how dense that is. Maybe we talk about what I ate for breakfast (avocado toast, obviously, because I'm basic) or that crazy dream I had last night where I was chased by… well, never mind. It gets weird.

How did you get started with this? Was there a "Eureka!" moment?

A 'Eureka!' moment? More like a long, slow simmer of frustration. I started like everyone else, I suppose. Reading things, trying stuff, failing miserably. It wasn't a lightning bolt, it was more like… a flickering lightbulb that *eventually* decided to turn on. I remember, once. (Oh, please don't make me tell you the story) We were working on something, completely unrelated, but I needed to explain something and it was just… blah. I started writing, and before I knew it, I had this whole *thing*. Like, a freakin' novel. I thought, "Well, that was fun." and haven't stopped since.

Can I ask my own questions?

Absolutely! Please, please, PLEASE ask questions! I promise, it would keep me from doing nothing else. I mean, this is supposed to be *interactive*, right? Unless your questions are, like, super mean. I'm pretty sensitive. I can handle the tough ones, but if you're just being a jerk... I’ll probably just ignore you. Or… maybe I’ll write a passive-aggressive answer. You'll never know! Send 'em in!

What's the worst advice you've ever been given?

Oh, that's a good one. I’ve gotten a *lot* of terrible advice. "Just be yourself!" (Thanks, I'm already trying.) Or the classic, "Fake it 'til you make it!" Which, you know, sometimes works. And then sometimes you fall flat on your face and everyone sees you faking. Honestly, I think the worst advice was, "Don't try. You'll fail." That one almost got me. But you know what? I'm a stubborn mule. I'm still here, failing and learning, and probably making a mess. But hey, at least I’m trying.

Anything you would change from your past?

Yes. Oh, so many things. Mostly? Probably the time I thought it would be a good idea to dye my hair green in high school. It wasn't. It was a disaster. Like, actual, genuine, people-pointing-and-laughing disaster. And… well, okay, I could go on for days about the mistakes. But you learn, right? Each mess-up is a lesson, right? A chance to… well, not do it again. Mostly.

My brain is feeling a little fuzzy. What do you recommend?

Oooh, I know that feeling. The brain fuzz. Okay, here's my prescription: First, get some water. Hydration is key! Then, fresh air. Go outside. Breathe. Look at the sky. Or a tree. Or a cute dog. Whatever works. Next, maybe a little movement. Doesn’t have to be intense. Just a walk around the block or a quick stretch. And finally... a small break. Turn off the noise. And if all else fails? Chocolate. Always chocolate.

``` Trending Hotels Now

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Marketplace Lodge Whistler (BC) Canada

Post a Comment for "Whistler's BEST Kept Secret: Marketplace Lodge - Unbelievable Views!"