
Clackamas Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Clackamas Inn & Suites!
Clackamas Getaway: My Unvarnished Truth About Clackamas Inn & Suites! (Unbeatable Deals? Hold My Beer!)
Okay, buckle up, because I just survived… ahem… experienced a stay at Clackamas Inn & Suites. And let me tell you, "unbeatable deals" is a bold claim. Let's dive in, shall we? This is less a polished travelogue and more a stream-of-consciousness rant… I mean… review.
(SEO & Metadata Time!)
- Keywords: Clackamas Inn & Suites, Clackamas hotel, Oregon hotels, Portland area hotels, Best deals Clackamas, Accessible hotel Oregon, Clackamas lodging, Family-friendly hotels Oregon, Free Wi-Fi, Hotel review, Clackamas Inn & Suites review, Pool hotel, Restaurant hotel, Spa hotel, Fitness center, Parking, Clean hotel Oregon, Best hotel Clackamas, Clackamas Getaway
- Titles:
- Clackamas Inn & Suites: My Chaotic Adventure (and Honest Take!)
- Clackamas Getaway: Deals, Disasters, and Delight (Maybe!)
- Clackamas Inn & Suites Review: The Good, the Bad, and the Slightly Smelly
- Meta Description: My brutally honest review of Clackamas Inn & Suites! Deals? Accessibility? Cleanliness? Buckle up for a rollercoaster of opinions, anecdotes, and unfiltered truth about this Clackamas hotel. Read on before you book!
(Let the Rant Begin!)
First off, let's get the big stuff out of the way. Accessibility. Yeah, they say they've got facilities for disabled guests. I didn't exactly test them, but the elevator was present, which is a good start. But does that guarantee smooth sailing for everyone? Probably not. I'm just sayin'… it's a possible plus, not a certainty. Check beforehand if accessibility is critical for you. Don’t just take my word for it!
Cleanliness and Safety: This is huge in the post-plague era, right? The website boasted about "anti-viral cleaning products" and "professional-grade sanitizing services." Okay, cool. I saw some hand sanitizer stations. I hoped the staff was trained as advertised. And I'm pretending the room was thoroughly sanitized, but I’m not gonna lie—I brought my own wipes and sprayed everything before I touched it! They did offer a room sanitization "opt-out", which felt a little…off. Like, "Hey, do you want to take your chances?!" Hmmm…
My Room – The Good, The…Meh
Okay, my room. It was… a room. It had a desk, so I could pretend to work (mostly just catching up on Netflix, let’s be real). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! (Yes, I'm shouting because it's a necessity in this day and age). My internet access was (drum roll…) decent. I was actually surprised. The air conditioning worked, which was a life-saver because the weather was brutal that day. The bed was extra long, which was great because I’m a tall…person. The shower was okay. The toiletries…well, let's just say I wouldn't write home about them but at least they were there. (Tip - always bring your own good shampoo. Always.) The blackout curtains were a must-have for getting any sleep which I did appreciate, I really, really did.
However, the view was… well, of a parking lot. So, not exactly Instagram-worthy. And the room decor was… well, let’s just say it hadn’t been updated since the late 90s. The carpet felt a little…worn. (I’m trying to be polite here.)
Food & Drink – Buffet Battle Royale (and Other Adventures)
Alright, the breakfast [buffet]. Oh, the buffet. The website said "Asian breakfast". I'm thinking, "Awesome! Dim sum! Noodles!" Nope. It was mostly the usual suspects: scrambled eggs (which were definitely not freshly made), soggy bacon, sad-looking pastries. There was some kind of… something that might have been a congee thing. I bravely tried it. I lived to tell the tale. Beyond this, there were Coffee/tea in restaurant which got me through until I discovered the Mini bar in my room. Score!
The restaurant itself looked fairly okay. They also had a Bar if you fancied a drink.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant, were all available to eat but did take some planning to utilize.
Things to Do (Or Not)
They bragged about ways to relax: Pool with view, Sauna, Spa/sauna, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Gym/fitness. I wanted to hit up the pool. I really did. But, uh, it was closed for repairs. (Typical!) The fitness center looked promising, but I'm more of a "Netflix and chill" kind of gal. (Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. So, the relaxation factor was… limited for me. Your mileage may vary.
Services and Conveniences – A Mixed Bag
Okay, they had a concierge. They offered daily housekeeping. They had a convenience store. Fine. Whatever. The elevator was running. The car park [free of charge] was a major plus. Car power charging station was extra. The Luggage storage was a good thing to take advantage of. Did I need any of these things? Not really. But, nice to know they were there. On top of this the Front desk [24-hour] was also accessible.
For the Kids…and Other People’s Kids
They advertised themselves as family/child friendly, with babysitting service and kids meal. I didn't personally test these, because, thankfully, I have no kids. But if you have some I suppose this is nice. I did see a few kids running around. They seemed happy. So, there’s that.
The Deep Dive: Let’s Talk About the Vibe
Okay, let's get real for a minute. The vibe of the Clackamas Inn & Suites is… utilitarian. It’s not a "destination" hotel. It's a place to sleep, shower, and maybe swim if the pool is open. It’s not oozing with charm. There's a lack of something… soul? I don't know. Some places just have that intangible “something,” right? This place… didn’t quite have it. But hey, it was clean-ish. The staff were generally polite and efficient. And, let's be honest, sometimes "just okay" is perfectly acceptable.
Conclusion: Would I Go Back?
Okay, here’s the brutal truth: If I needed a place to sleep, and the price was right (remember those "unbeatable deals"?), and the pool was miraculously open, and I was desperate, then yeah, I'd probably go back. But I wouldn't be thrilled. I’d pack my own pillow, my own aromatherapy diffuser, and a gallon of hand sanitizer.
Final Verdict: 3 out of 5 Stars. (Maybe 2.5 if the pool’s still closed.) It’s not luxurious. It’s not glamorous. But it's a place. And sometimes, a place is all you need.
(Disclaimer: My experience is based on my individual stay. Your mileage may vary. And, hey, I'm just one person with a penchant for sarcasm and an appreciation for decent coffee.)
Escape to Erie: Fairfield Inn & Suites Millcreek Mall Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is… my attempt to survive a few days at the Clackamas Inn and Suites AND not completely lose my mind. Here we go… or at least, here I go…
(Day 1: Arrival and the Quest for Caffeine – or, the Day I Nearly Lost My Will to Live in a Parking Lot)
- 1:00 PM (ish): Arrive at Portland International Airport (PDX). Ugh. Airports. The smell of desperation and overpriced Cinnabons. My flight got delayed, naturally. Struggled to find the rental car shuttle – because, apparently, following the signs to "Rental Cars" is like trying to herd cats. Finally, found the poor rental car employee who looked like he’d seen things… things I didn’t even want to see. He mumbled something about a "compact" car. Turns out "compact" now apparently means "a tin can with wheels." Loaded my luggage (which included a questionable amount of snacks and three emergency novels) into what could politely be called a "vehicle."
- 2:30 PM: Finally, FINALLY, hit the road. The GPS lady, bless her synthetic heart, kept trying to send me down roads that clearly didn't exist.
- 4:00 PM (ish): Arrive at the Clackamas Inn and Suites. The exterior… well, let's just say "rustic charm" is stretching it. It’s got that kind of faded grandeur that whispers of glory days long gone. The lobby smelled faintly of chlorine and… hope? Check-in was painless, thankfully. The desk clerk had a vacant stare that I understood on a profound level. My room key… felt like it was made of recycled cardboard. I swear, it nearly crumpled in my hand.
- 4:15 PM - 5:00 PM - The caffeine crisis: Immediately, my brain screams for caffeine. I need coffee and something, anything. I drive around like a lost soul in the Clackamas Town Center parking lot. It’s a vast, concrete jungle. Like a maze designed by the Minotaur—if the Minotaur had a crippling addiction to chain retailers. I find a Starbucks. The line, of course, is longer than the Oregon coastline. Ten minutes later, I finally emerge, clutching a venti latte and feeling marginally human. Success! (And a small existential crisis about the price of the latte).
- 5:30 PM: Unpack. My room is… functional. The "view" overlooks the parking lot, but hey, at least I can keep an eye on my beloved tin can. The TV remote feels like it's been through a war. The bed… well, let's hope it doesn't swallow me whole. The carpet? Looks as if it's seen better days.
- 6:00 PM: Decide to venture out for dinner. There's a ton of food options around here, even a Denny's.
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at Chain Eatery. Food was lukewarm, service was mediocre, but the company of my book keeps me entertained.
- 8:30 PM: Stumble back to the hotel, exhausted, and vow to learn how to use the coffee maker in the room. (Spoiler alert: I don’t).
- 9:00 PM: Watch TV, scroll through my phone, then try to sleep. The AC sounds about ready to explode, but at least it's white noise. I'm going to need it.
- 11:00 PM: Wake up in a cold sweat. Did I lock the door?
(Day 2: Clackamas Adventures and the Existential Dread of a Grocery Store – A Day I Won't Forget)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up feeling only slightly less like a zombie, with the realization I've got to get coffee. Again. Why, oh why, didn't I learn how to make it in the room?
- 7:30 AM - 8:00 AM: Coffee run, part two! (See Day 1 for details.) Arrive in the parking lot to an empty Starbucks. A godsend.
- 8:30 AM: Attempt to visit the Willamette River. I want to go outside and feel nature, but the road is long, and I'm lazy.
- 9:00 AM: Head to a local supermarket to get some snacks. This is where things took a turn. The fluorescent lights, the endless aisles, the families with multiple screaming children… It was a sensory overload! Then, suddenly, I feel overwhelmed. My own shopping is too difficult. I end up in the candy aisle, staring blankly at a wall of sugary goodness. It's beautiful and overwhelming. I finally find my way out with a bag of chips and a sense of utter defeat.
- 10:00 AM: Back at the hotel, eat chips in an attempt to regain my sanity.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Decide to explore the shopping mall across the way, but after one store, I head back.
- 1:00 PM: Rest up, eat the rest of the chips.
- 1:30 PM: Take a walk around the hotel. It's boring. I'm bored.
- 3:30 PM: Decide, screw it, it's time to find a decent meal. The internet told me that Restaurant Name had good reviews.
- 4:00 PM: Eat the worst Chicken Alfredo I've ever had.
- 5:00 PM: Go back to the hotel. The bed is the most comforting thing at this point.
- 5:30 PM: Watch the news, then the TV.
- 8:00 PM: Try to sleep, but failing at this point.
- 12:00 AM: Wake up again. I'm hungry.
(Day 3: The Departure and the Fleeting Glimmer of Hope – AKA, Thank God This is Almost Over)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up, defeated. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. One last, desperate caffeine injection.
- 8:00 AM: Pack. Everything is dirty-- every article of clothing.
- 9:00 AM: Check out. The clerk is the same one from Day 1. He gives me a knowing look. We share a silent, unspoken bond.
- 9:30 AM: The tin can vehicle. The battle for the airport begins again.
- 10:00 AM: Traffic! Of course! Because why would anything go smoothly?
- 11:00 AM: Arrive at PDX. The airport is still hell.
- 11:30 AM: Go through security.
- 12:00 PM: Find a seat at the gate. Contemplate my life choices.
- 1:00 PM: Board the flight. This trip is over. Thank the gods.
- (Later): Arrive home. Hug my dog. Never, EVER, book a cheap hotel again. At least, not for a while.
So, there you have it. Clackamas, Oregon. It was… an experience. Would I recommend it? That depends. Are you looking for pristine luxury? Absolutely not. Are you looking for a place to contemplate the meaning of life while simultaneously battling a malfunctioning AC unit and the siren song of the candy aisle? Then, friend, the Clackamas Inn and Suites just might be the adventure you've been waiting for. (…or maybe just the one you'll never forget.)
Charleston Courtyard Escape: Your Perfect Mt. Pleasant Getaway
Clackamas Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Clackamas Inn & Suites! (Or So They Say...) - FAQs!
Okay, Seriously, What's the "Getaway" Part About? Is it, Like, Running from the Law? Because My Life is Already a Mess.
Hah! No, no, not *that* kind of getaway (though, you know, a night away from the kids *could* be considered an escape... just kidding!). Clackamas Inn & Suites, bless their hearts, is trying to entice you with a "relaxing escape." Think of it as a pause button on the daily grind. My escape used to be a well-stocked pantry and Netflix. Now? It's apparently a slightly faded hotel room. Hopefully, it involves a comfy bed with no tiny humans jumping on me. Seriously, I'm getting back pain just thinking about it.
"Unbeatable Deals"? How "Unbeatable" are We Talking? My Budget is Currently Held Together With Duct Tape and Wishful Thinking.
Okay, this is where the "unbeatable" claim gets tested. I mean... it's *probably* cheaper than flying to Fiji. And it's definitely cheaper than my therapist's hourly rate (no offense, Dr. Peterson!). They usually have some kind of package deal going on! Sometimes there are things like "Stay Two Nights, Get the Third Half Off!" Which, honestly, is tempting. Especially after a particularly trying week. Just, you know, keep an eye on the fine print. Because let's be real, "unbeatable" in the hotel world can be a bit hyperbolic. Read the reviews! Crucial step. I've learned that the hard way. (More on that later...)
Is the Pool Clean? Because My Kid Is Basically a Walking Petri Dish. And Me? Well... I'm old enough to remember Chlorine being a *good* thing.
The pool question. The eternal question! Honestly, this is where you gotta dig deep. Call the hotel directly. Ask specifically when the last time they cleaned the filter. I'm not kidding. Because let's face it, a murky pool ruins everything. I once went to a hotel with a pool that looked like swamp water. Swore I saw an amoeba wave at me. Never again. Seriously, read reviews! Look for words like "sparkling," "clean," and anything *not* involving "green." And pack hand sanitizer. Just in case. You can never be too careful.
Breakfast Included? Because Hangry Me is Not a Pretty Sight. Or a Polite One.
Ah, breakfast. The make-or-break of any hotel experience. They usually *do* offer breakfast, it's often something basic, like... well, let's not kid ourselves. Cereal, some questionable pastries, maybe some sad-looking fruit. Don't go expecting a gourmet brunch buffet. But hey, it's free! And free is always good, right? Except when it's a dry, rock-hard muffin. I'd honestly rather eat a bowl of dry cereal with my own tears. My advice? Bring a couple of granola bars. Just in case. Always. And a giant mug for coffee.
Are the Beds Actually Comfortable? After a Long Day of Parenting (or Adulting), A Good Night's Sleep is Basically a Religious Experience I Crave.
This. THIS is the million-dollar question. Bed comfort is *everything*. I have stayed in hotels where the beds felt like sleeping on a concrete slab. And others... *bliss*. Read the reviews! Specifically, look for phrases like "comfy beds," "great mattress," and "slept like a baby." If you see words like "sagging," "lumpy," or "felt like a trampoline," RUN. Or, well, *click away* from the deal. My own personal experience? (Alright, here goes the messy part...) Last time I went, I found the mattress a bit... lacking. But, the pillows were heavenly, like clouds. So, I spent the entire night rearranging the pillows to create a makeshift, semi-comfortable bed. It was an adventure. I woke up with a crick in my neck. And swore I'd never compromise again.
Are there any amenities available? Like free wifi or parking included? Please tell me more about the wifi... sometimes you just WANT TO BE AWAY FROM PEOPLE.
Wifi and parking, essential components of modern civilization! Yes, they *usually* have both. Wifi is almost always free, but be prepared for the connection to be a bit... spotty. Like when you are having a really intense moment during a movie. Or trying to connect with some work-related stuff. Parking is usually included. I mean, what's the point of staying there if you can't... park? But always double-check. Because the last thing you want to do is park some where you are not supposed to. The wifi is probably going to be a little rough around the edges, I'd say just embrace the disconnect. Seriously. Do it. That's the fun part.
Okay, so you took one for the team and already went, didn't you? What's the *real* deal, the unvarnished truth, the stuff the brochures *won't* tell me?
(Deep breath.) Alright, here's the unvarnished truth. Yes, I went. I *had* to. For science! And, okay, maybe because I needed a night away from the endless laundry. Here's the breakdown:
- The Good: The staff was friendly. Actually, really, *really* friendly. Like, suspiciously friendly. Like they were trying to compensate for something. But still, good. The location was convenient. Close to a Target (essential!), and a bunch of... well, stuff.
- The… Questionable: The decor felt like it was stuck in the early 2000s. Think faded floral patterns and questionable artwork. But, hey, that's part of the charm? Right? Right?? The air conditioning unit sounded like a jet engine. I had to choose between freezing my butt off or not sleeping. The breakfast was... well, refer to my muffin experience. Also, the elevator did an interesting thing where it'd stop between floors. It was an experience.
- The Verdict? Look, it wasn't the Four Seasons. But it wasn't a complete disaster either. Would I go again? Maybe. If the price was right. And if I brought my own pillows, and a hazmat suit for the pool, and enough granola bars to feed an army. And earplugs. Definitely earplugs. And if I had a second pair of eyes to keep an eye out for any sneaky creatures hiding. Look... it's a decent option. Manage your expectations. But if the price is genuinely unbeatable and you ABSOLUTELY. NEED. A. BREAK. Then give it a shot. But don't say I didn't warn you.


Post a Comment for "Clackamas Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Clackamas Inn & Suites!"